Jabari Zuniga "The Master"

Chawker

Reaction score
Jabari Zuniga DE Florida 6'4" 265 4.65 40

After watching his highlight tapes he looks just what the Seahawks need. If you get a chance, check him out. Draftrek has him ranked at 59th spot. :2thumbs:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I have to think Zuniga is firmly on their radar. Athletically he's right in our wheelhouse. Need/profile and availability fit nicely. Projects as a strong side end. So not sure there is a spot for him unless Clowney signs elsewhere.

titan3131

Reaction score
Attyla you dont see him as a LEO?

We have Clowney on the edge and at 5T so at least Zuniga could be on 3rd down.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":1t3cj6qr said:
Attyla you dont see him as a LEO?

No. He looks positively sluggish out of a two point stance. He also didn't do much if any coverage at strong side end in college. His hip flexibility suggests that would be a problem for him.

He actually looks more like a lighter Bennett. Except his get off is really inconsistent from the outside. Seems to have much better burst from the 3T.

I don't see the fluid athlete that is required to play the LEO in space. He's more tightly wound and stiffer. Not much of a corner bender as a pass rusher.

Looks like he fits the Clowney/Green mold of end. But looks more comfortable inside than Clowney does. Attacks the short area more aggressively and powerfully.

Honestly, if he could add 15 pounds and keep his speed up (a big ask), he could be a real force inside. Because he looks like a much better player when kicked inside. Looks much faster, plays faster and more disruptive. One has to wonder if he couldn't be a Geno Atkins type of prospect (a strong side end/OLB who developed as a 3T at the next level).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":3h7vng33 said:
Attyla

HAve you looked at Jonathon Garvin from Miami?

Ive sorta landed on him longterm as my late flyer LEO pick.

UDFA only. Not really even a priority UDFA either.

He's a frustrating watch for me. I didn't look into him until after the season. Mostly fueled by length and the fact we're in the market for LEOs. I get a huge Maurice Clarett vibe from him. He doesn't look like he's taken his physical development seriously. It looks like he earned playing time because he has some natural athletic ability. But doesn't really seem to be a gifted football player. Kind of looks like a 2 year PS kind of prospect. Maybe the light comes on at some point and he pulls a David Moore.