Any Players You’re Afraid Will Be A Seahawk?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
One of the exercises I’ve been doing to prepare myself for next week has been to do mock drafts that would either not excite me, or would outright frustrate me.

So figured I’d ask around and see if there are any players you are adamantly against Seattle drafting but you fear Pete/John might like?

Guys I don’t like but think Pete and John might:

-KJ Hamler: Fast, not physical. Reminds me a lot of Paul Richardson/Brandin Cooks. I could be talked into it, but would be disappointed given the other WRs in this class. 2014 all over again.

-Jonathan Greenard: The Seahawks have valued length on the DL and Greenard is long. And that’s about it. He’s not terribly athletic, he’s injury prone, and strikes as a player whose ceiling is Damontre Moore. But in a class where most prospects have short arms, I can see Seattle settling.

-Raekwon Davis: Don’t hate him, but I think there are better options. He’s as tall as Malik McDowell but with shorter arms, more weight and kind of a rumbling player. Again, wouldn’t hate it, but just think we’d pass on more exciting options.

-Cam Akers: Man I want to like Akers. Matt Waldman compared him to Marshawn Lynch due to his contact balance, but his decision making reminds me of Christine Michael. Total boom/bust type pick for me, especially because we rely on our RB to find cut back lanes. I could see Akers struggling like Penny. But his ceiling is so high I can see Pete and John taking a chance.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I would say Chaisson, but I don't think he actually becomes a Seahawks, so I can't say I'm afraid of it.

Any of the first round running backs. If they select a running back with their first pick, I'll be upset.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Yxes1122":2bs8u12j said:
-Raekwon Davis: Don’t hate him, but I think there are better options. He’s as tall as Malik McDowell but with shorter arms, more weight and kind of a rumbling player. Again, wouldn’t hate it, but just think we’d pass on more exciting options.

McDowell's issue was with ATV safety. Not sure if the comparison is good or bad until we know Davis' stance on off-field helmets.

OP
OP
Yxes1122

Yxes1122

Reaction score
HawkGA":2iv6e0aa said:
Yxes1122":2iv6e0aa said:

McDowell's issue was with ATV safety. Not sure if the comparison is good or bad until we know Davis' stance on off-field helmets.

I was comparing them as talents, not as characters. I think McDowell was a significantly better prospect than Davis.

He’s fine, but I think other DTs are more exciting, higher upside picks. Would rather have Davidson, Blacklock, or Madubuike. Even Strowbridge/Fotu a round or two later would be more exciting in my opinion.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I can't say there's a prospect I would strongly want Pete & John to stay away from. But I will say, if Seattle was one of the teams that needed a QB, Jordan Love would be the guy I would not want them to draft.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Epenesa
McKinney
Murray

But really, we're going to take a guy that mocks a good 20 or so spots lower than we pick. So based on that:

Shenault
Austin Jackson
D'Andre Swift
Tee Higgins
Julian Okwara

Those are most of the first roundish guys that earn my Malik McDowell syndrome picks.

Later round guys:

Hunter Bryant (not that I don't like him -- more that we'll have to pick him early leaving better players on board)
Cam Akers
Curtis Weaver
Michael Pittman Jr.
Darrell Taylor
Jonathan Greenard
Tanner Muse

titan3131

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":321qnsbt said:
Epenesa
McKinney
Murray

But really, we're going to take a guy that mocks a good 20 or so spots lower than we pick. So based on that:

Shenault
Austin Jackson
D'Andre Swift
Tee Higgins
Julian Okwara

Those are most of the first roundish guys that earn my Malik McDowell syndrome picks.

Later round guys:

Hunter Bryant (not that I don't like him -- more that we'll have to pick him early leaving better players on board)
Cam Akers
Curtis Weaver
Michael Pittman Jr.
Darrell Taylor
Jonathan Greenard
Tanner Muse

You dont like Darrell Taylor?

For the life of me he is the ONLY LEO that I think can fit our needs.

OP
OP
Yxes1122

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2f5m4hkl said:
Shenault
Austin Jackson
D'Andre Swift
Tee Higgins
Julian Okwara

With you on Jackson and Swift Attyla. Jackson would feel like a Collier pick on the OL to me.

With the others, is it more where they are drafted or more the player?

I don’t like Higgins in a vacuum, but I feel like he fits the time of WR Russell works well with. A guy that can go up an win one on ones.

And Okwara is one of the few prospects (available) in this draft that I think has the length, speed and bend to develop into a LEO.

Just curious if you don’t like the player or the price.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":3eg2la4t said:
You dont like Darrell Taylor?

For the life of me he is the ONLY LEO that I think can fit our needs.

If I look at Taylor highlights, I'd love him. When I look at entire games, he's got truly gross problems.

Awareness. Dude can't find the ball. Misdirection of any kind befuddles him. Hesitant and play recognition are terrible and will run himself wildly out of the play more often than even slowing a play at the edge.

When watching games, and you see a highlight worthy play, it's most often when a OL misplays him terribly or he's just unblocked. He seemingly predetermines what he's going to do and that's basically it. Gap integrity is virtually non existant.

Like Okwara, if a lineman engages with him, he's not making another yard. Literally he locks on and can be blocked for 20 consecutive seconds. Shows little to no ability to disengage or make any kind of headway.

I'd invite you to watch whole games. I found him to be a very problematic fit for Seattle.

When I watch Josh Uche games, and Taylor games, they are separated by miles. Uche is a handful to sustain a block. Taylor is not so much.

Yxes1122":3eg2la4t said:

And Okwara is one of the few prospects (available) in this draft that I think has the length, speed and bend to develop into a LEO.

Okwara does have intriguing traits. He is also incredibly not ready to take on NFL tackles. He doesn't show a counter at all. I don't think he's even as ready as LJ Collier was coming out.

Cam Akers
Curtis Weaver
Michael Pittman Jr.
Darrell Taylor
Jonathan Greenard
Tanner Muse

Green = price
Red = poopy

I get the real sense that Pete loves Bryant. And will take him a full round or more ahead of where another team would possibly take him. And he'll feel like he's a player he can't leave without. He's done this virtually every single year. Mostly with our eventual first selection. That in my opinion is why our first picks are so universally terrible when you look at the pro bowl talent at positions of moderate need that we leave for other teams picking 2-3 spots behind us.

I would just as soon hold off/wait or otherwise make a trade for OJ Howard even though his rookie deal is nearly expired.

Akers feels like a Penny pick while leaving Nick Chubb on the board (who I pined for 2 years ago). If we take Akers and leave Edwards-Helaire on board I'd pretty much see it as repeating our 2018 sin. Outside of Carson who I will entirely concede I never saw coming -- I've pretty much hated all of Pete's RB picks that he's ever made (Travis Homer excepted). And guys that I thought they should draft dwarfed what we did take even though they were still available

cheese22

Reaction score
Rashard Lawrence, LSU. His name pops up in mock drafts as much as any but I just don't see it. When I watch his tape it looks like a lot of arms flailing and feet dancing without any results. I've tried to like him but, so far, I don't see it.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Not so much any specific players but we don’t need to take specific positions for our 1st pick. I kind of hate that we take guys like Blair and collier and they barely play and other teams get tons of snaps out of top round guys. Draft the best possible DT and play the crap out of them. Poona Ford is great in limited action but not an every down player

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Calvin Throckmorton.....he's awful. Considering who the Seahawks seem to choose at OL - destined to be a Seahawk unfortunately.

penihawk

Reaction score
Where do you see Davis playing? I see him as a 2 down player & not worth a pick until rd 3. Gros Matos is the no go guy for me. Just see him as a player that would take a long time to make any impact.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":21dyf51n said:
Epenesa
McKinney
Murray

Shenault
Austin Jackson
D'Andre Swift
Tee Higgins
Julian Okwara

Later round guys:

Cam Akers
Curtis Weaver
Michael Pittman Jr.
Darrell Taylor
Jonathan Greenard
Tanner Muse

I dont get the Malik reference at all. Not sure how it relates to any if the guys you mentioned.

I like most if the later round guys you mentioned (minus Weaver, Greenard) and well, theyre later round guys. Pittman for example is a solid young man, son of a former pro, good size etc, was unstoppable at times with a carousel of QBs. Im not sure whats not to like at the back of rd 2.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Yxes1122":2y2kqyok said:
Attyla the Hawk":2y2kqyok said:
Shenault
Austin Jackson
D'Andre Swift
Tee Higgins
Julian Okwara

With you on Jackson and Swift Attyla. Jackson would feel like a Collier pick on the OL to me.

I don’t like Higgins in a vacuum, but I feel like he fits the time of WR Russell works well with. A guy that can go up an win one on ones.

Jackson is only 20. Tons of room to grow and develop.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
HawksSoc":3se46hep said:
Another vote here for any RB in the first round.

I've been watching the tape on Jonathan Taylor and I'm scared.

He's really, really, really good. REALLY good. Seattle used a visit on him, too.

Getting a bad vibe about this happening that I'm just gonna ignore, but uh, yeah. It's a mix of fear and complacency, because hey if they do take him, at least this time they took the right RB.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2t3oo3yv said:
HawksSoc":2t3oo3yv said:
Another vote here for any RB in the first round.

I've been watching the tape on Jonathan Taylor and I'm scared.

He's really, really, really good. REALLY good. Seattle used a visit on him, too.

Getting a bad vibe about this happening that I'm just gonna ignore, but uh, yeah. It's a mix of fear and complacency, because hey if they do take him, at least this time they took the right RB.
I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be Taylor as well. Penny is going to be out for awhile, and Carson is usually good for a few games worth of injuries. Not to mention Penny's injury was very serious, good chance he won't ever be quite the same. Not to mention the fact that Penny has only been able to get things together for small spurts of time. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw Taylor in a Seahawk uniform, not one bit.