Chawker's eye on the draft

Chawker

Reaction score
This year the Seahawks are serious about improving their pass rush, and with todays released that they will be using a first round selection has me thinking of just two players. One is a trade up "slightly" option and the other is stay pat and reach "slightly".

Option 1 move up to around 15th and select: K'lavon Chaisson.

Option 2 stay put and select: Zack Baun.

Both players can wreak a teams offense "quickly"

HawkGA

Reaction score
And yet it's going to be Option 3 trade down and get a head scratcher.

titan3131

Reaction score
Why are you parroting Jake heaps opinion on the draft strategy?

Why would they move up for the lowest rated pass rusher in the class? Who only has sacks off Blitzs?

do you even watch the seahawks? Is there some scheme switch you are aware of?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
After further review of this situation, its my opinion that the first selection of the Seahawks will be Terrell Lewis DE Alabama. I'm not sure where or what round.

Lewis is the a powerful player against both run and pass 6'5" 255 and he will delight Seahawk fans from day one.

Subzero717

Reaction score
There are several guys that fit the Hawks MO. Baun IMO isnt one but stranger things have happened.

With 7 picks its hard to believe they move up. Especially in round 1.

Lewis is a talent with a significant injury history. Maybe too much.

GoGGell

Reaction score
I do not think one of your two options make sense. When we are on the clock on 27 and there will.
be enough DE available, it makes sense to trade back until the beginning of the second round collecting picks. Finally it would be great to have at least 6 picks in round 2 and 3, to use the advantages of a really deep draft with good players this year and take at the first pick the best DE or OT available.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Nice job Chalker! And glad to have you on board GoGGell.
I think 7 picks is enough to get the job done. I hope for once we do not trade our top pick for more later picks. The best player available at 27 is going to be better than what is left on the board at 50 something. High talent level isn't THAT deep at our positions of dire need.

Subzero717

Reaction score
GoGGell":fjq86i4l said:
I do not think one of your two options make sense. When we are on the clock on 27 and there will.
be enough DE available, it makes sense to trade back until the beginning of the second round collecting picks. Finally it would be great to have at least 6 picks in round 2 and 3, to use the advantages of a really deep draft with good players this year and take at the first pick the best DE or OT available.

The problem with the DEs that will be there at 27 is, how many of them grade out there?

GoGGell

Reaction score
I made many mock drafts and for me it would be okay for instance if Matos, Epenesa etc are gone. Im this case I could live with the fact trading some spots down to win more picks and take maybe at 35 okawara or Braun. For me they are more less the same Level like Matos. Thats why I would collect more picks with our first round pick.
I hope JS will not again so the same fault with LJ Collier who was a 3-5 round guy, drafting in the first round. This would be a nightmare.

Only 4 times sleeping than we will see :0190l: