A List of the Players the Hawks have met with Pre-Draft

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Not a very attractive list to me. There are a few names on there that seem solid but overall it's not very impressive. My 2 cents.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Welcome to a normal Seahawks draft. Could be a smokescreen too. Only one LB and it's an obvious position of need. Love the DT's. and a couple of OL (Stenberg). They could also use a slot CB. Moss looks like a baby Beast.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
One thing that I am surprised to see is the amount of cornerbacks on the list. I guess the team doesn't believe in Tre's development like I figured they did. That, or they do, but are hedging Dunbar's likely departure in 2021 free agency or his probable injury during the season. Like Dantzler, Diggs, and Madre Harper a lot.

Amik Robertson could be a VERY interesting selection as a nickel CB... dude has great ball skills and is very chippy.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Or they like Tre and both Griffin and Dunbar will be free agents

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
They need a guy to play the slot CB position. They also need LB so the omission is glaring to me.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkStrong":2wkwakzm said:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=163387

All of these posts belong in the draft forum.

You auditioning for a mod position? :roll:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ixkqjz1 said:
Or they like Tre and both Griffin and Dunbar will be free agents

Another good point. I'm hoping they hold on to Quill, but yeah. Not a bad idea to invest in depth for CB now. May even double dip on a boundary and slot guy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Largent80":mlvohrqg said:
They need a guy to play the slot CB position. They also need LB so the omission is glaring to me.

I can think of a couple scenarios regarding that:

1. They're punting LB need to 2021 and sticking with Irvin at Sam for now
2. They'll draft a hybrid Sam/rusher to take over the Irvin role in 2021. (Uche, Baun, even a safety like Chinn could play that role)
3. They straight up just like the depth they have in BBK/Barton and are keeping Kendricks in their back pocket with his eternally-delayed sentencing

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
EMTHawkfan":3e9mkq32 said:
Not a very attractive list to me. There are a few names on there that seem solid but overall it's not very impressive. My 2 cents.

Let's be honest, unless you're Rob Rang or Todd McShay we don't know the LARGE majority of these players. So how you can casually glance at this list of players and not be impressed is a head scratcher to me.

Did you know who Bobby Wagner was before we drafted him? KJ? Tyler? Frank Clark? DK?

C'mon man.

Do you know who does know who all these guys are? John Schneider, that's who.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":bwc4qp0d said:
EMTHawkfan":bwc4qp0d said:

Let's be honest, unless you're Rob Rang or Todd McShay we don't know the LARGE majority of these players. So how you can casually glance at this list of players and not be impressed is a head scratcher to me.

Did you know who Bobby Wagner was before we drafted him? KJ? Tyler? Frank Clark? DK?

C'mon man.

Do you know who does know who all these guys are? John Schneider, that's who.

Well like I said it's just my 2 cents.
Like or dislike whatever you want but not everyone is going to agree. It happens. So keep scratching your head and don't take it personal...

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
These can also be subtle smoke screens. They NEED LB, and only one is on the list. There are several very good ones that will probably be available in the 2nd and maybe the 3rd.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm seeing not to many 1st round or early second rd players there so can assume.....trading back a few times and ending up with an extra 3 or 4 picks......mostly mid 3rd to 5th

Reaction score
Interesting looking back over the years. Wonder what happened in 2013 with only drafting one player on the list.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3nz3ndbd said:
Great spreadsheet. Who maintains that?

I'm not sure but I posted it in the Seahawks forum since it is totally Seahawks related and someone moved it here with the draft a mere 2 days away.