Synthesized Draft Ratings

AgentDib

Reaction score
Whatever works for you, but that seems a bit silly to me.

Quantity can be very interesting in a "wisdom of the crowds" sort of way but only when the initial responses are independently derived. Mock drafts like these are anything but and when "expert A" ranks a player at #30 that is mostly because they have been seeing months of other people ranking the same player and that information has made it's way into their own ratings.

NFL teams have much better information and guard it closely. As a result, using the public guesswork to grade an NFL team is getting it backwards.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3a3wkm8w said:
A guy on Reddit took 17 draft experts and averaged out their rankings. https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

This is going to be how I am going to judge how great or poor of a selection we make as an objective standard.
Might want to check the guy's math skills, or lack thereof, prior to putting any stock in his combined rankings. The formulas are clearly the work of someone who has no background or education in mathematics.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Well, I’m looking at the best way to objectively evaluate who we pick and if we are picking the best player there in a position of need. Some here have decided to excuse the teams draft atrocities over the years. You can talk about methodology but all I know is that with rare exception JS and PC have sucked for half a decade in the draft and glaringly so with their first picks.

What method do you suggest we use over the next few days to evaluate if we have picked the best player of need at our slot? The “trust in JS and PC” is bs and waiting 3-4 years is also stupid.

So? How will you decide if you are happy with the pick tomorrow?

justafan

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1ua7rt5n said:
Well, I’m looking at the best way to objectively evaluate who we pick and if we are picking the best player there in a position of need. Some here have decided to excuse the teams draft atrocities over the years. You can talk about methodology but all I know is that with rare exception JS and PC have sucked for half a decade in the draft and glaringly so with their first picks.

What method do you suggest we use over the next few days to evaluate if we have picked the best player of need at our slot? The “trust in JS and PC” is bs and waiting 3-4 years is also stupid.

So? How will you decide if you are happy with the pick tomorrow?

I will have a feeling on players I like but I wont make a decision or worry about it tomorrow. A year or 3 and we will know.