Grade the Draft Program

Largent80

Reaction score
I say do the draft like this every year....That was so much better than watching all these players parade up to meet Goodell......I thought it was awesome...

Grade A

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Goodel was a little slow to announce picks and flubbed up a few times otherwise.

OpHawk

Reaction score
I thought the whole thing was weird. What stuck out to me over and over was how the coaches and GM’s were at their computers with their families hanging out right beside them. No one working phones really. They must have only showed them after their picks were in or something. I don’t understand why all these teams didn’t have their entire draft staff in a giant conference room observing all the social distancing rules and conducting the draft in person with one another. The way they did it just looked so scripted. Like I don’t want my family in the room when I draft my fantasy team and these guys have 3 kids hanging out at their desk while they’re drafting for their NFL team?

Osprey

Reaction score
Given the restrictions, they did a great job. A little too much Corona virtue signaling for my taste, but I understand the PR reasoning. Overall A- (would have been a B+ if not for the Vrabel family).

As much as I miss the weekend binge of the old school draft, the NFL has made a true spectacle of the Prime Time format and the rotating outdoor format is genius.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Once again, after viewing the whole thing, it was so much more fun and seemed to move along at a better pace, also Trey Wingo was fantastic.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It went smoothly enough, but I absolutely 100% detest that format compared to the usual event, which is a wonderful spectacle.

cheese22

Reaction score
I liked it better because there were none of those dumbass interviews on the side of the stage where guys instantly have a mic and camera in their face and all they say are the same cliches over and over and over.
I did not like the stupid bit where every single time they went to Goodell to announce the next pick, he's be turned around acting like he was talking to all those fans like they were interacting. I know about the sites where you can do the facetime conference call thing, but that was so fake I couldn't watch. It was obviously some prerecorded video of fans making asses out of themselves and Goodell saying some completely uninspired crap about them getting excited for the next pick. They were obviously not live because they'd all continue the ass clown routine through the entire announcement and beyond. Nice try Goodell.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I could care less about fans and that is what was great about this. It took fans and even families into new territories, please keep this format.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":6rmi210n said:
It went smoothly enough, but I absolutely 100% detest that format compared to the usual event, which is a wonderful spectacle.
I

What he said :snack:

Latest posts