Who do we pick in the 2nd round?

TruHawkFan9.0

Reaction score
With Brooks added to the LB core, who will the Hawks take next?

quite a few solid 1st rd talents still available including Gross Matos, Espensa

I hope we make another selection on defense. Last year was tough to watch that squad on the field.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TruHawkFan9.0":160py4ei said:

I hope we make another selection on defense. Last year was tough to watch that squad on the field.
Those two won't make it to 59. There is the option of trading up, but I don't think Seattle wants to lose picks but gain them. Honestly I think they'll trade down from 59 to between 67-72, pick up another pick or two and with 64 address OT or DT.

OP
OP
TruHawkFan9.0

TruHawkFan9.0

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3tdypzr6 said:
TruHawkFan9.0":3tdypzr6 said:

Those two won't make it to 59. There is the option of trading up, but I don't think Seattle wants to lose picks but gain them. Honestly I think they'll trade down from 59 to between 67-72, pick up another pick or two and with 64 address OT or DT.

I'm relatively read up on the defensive prospects in this draft but do not know much about OL outside of the big 1st rd names... Who would you hope for on the OL if the Hawks trade back?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I'd like raekwann davis dt. Or the edge from Tennessee I'm spacing on his name tho. Maybe michael Pittman wr. Or the dline from Texas am.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TruHawkFan9.0":3uzm2fs6 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3uzm2fs6 said:
TruHawkFan9.0":3uzm2fs6 said:

I'm relatively read up on the defensive prospects in this draft but do not know much about OL outside of the big 1st rd names... Who would you hope for on the OL if the Hawks trade back?
Nick Harris, C
Lucas Niang, OT
Matt Peart, OT

Just a few names. These guys though would honestly be gone in between 55-70 most likely. They're not the studs that went off the board by now, but they could possibly drop to by the time Seattle picks.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
raekwon davis will be available, I think Blacklock will be available as well

Yxes1122

Reaction score
If Seattle is not drafting for need, and legitimately going BPA, would love to get Chinn today.

If not, Madubuike/Davidson/Okwara/Charles/Dillon/Shenault would be awesome.

Prediction? No idea.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry. There will be plenty of fifth round talent still available.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Give me Jeremy Chinn. I'm completely resigned to the likelihood we pass on him.

If we can come out with Chinn and Uche still -- monster results for the D.

D

DomeHawk

Seahawk_Dan":39dzq4it said:
TruHawkFan9.0":39dzq4it said:
Seahawk_Dan":39dzq4it said:
TruHawkFan9.0":39dzq4it said:

Nick Harris, C
Lucas Niang, OT
Matt Peart, OT

Just a few names. These guys though would honestly be gone in between 55-70 most likely. They're not the studs that went off the board by now, but they could possibly drop to by the time Seattle picks.

Nick Harris is an interesting pick. Going into the draft (before the combine) no one figured him anywhere near that high but he had a really good combine. As a Husky though I watched him a lot. Every time we needed a 3rd and short his push off the line got us one. Doesn't fit the measurements but an underrated player in my opinion.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Dang! Robert Hunt is off the board. Was hoping for him to be a hawk.

D

DomeHawk

Taylor goes and a lot of people were really high on him but the only thing that concerns me with him is Wisconsin's great trad of OL's.