OG Lewis

vonstout

Reaction score
Don’t know why we passed on Josh Jones, a tackle, for another Guard. It’s a much bigger need. I really don’t like this draft so far. Would have preferred Matos, Brooks/Baun/Davis- Gaither, and Josh Jones. And we still would have had our third round pick

Own The West

Reaction score
Maybe they're satisfied with Jamarco Jones. Hope so. Brown may be our only returning starter come Game 1.

OP
OP
vonstout

vonstout

Reaction score
Interesting that the CBS draft tracker shows videos of each player and had Josh Jones comparable as Duane Brown. And we passed on him and the Cardinals take him. If we don’t sign Clowney orGriffen, we’ll be fighting for 3rd with the Rams and chasing SF and Ariz

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Don't see the Brown comp at all. Jones is a decent OT, but honestly of the ones that were discussed in the late 1st/2nd round possibilities, he was the one I felt very meh with.

Damian Lewis I was excited to see us get. I expect he'll be starting before Halloween (if there is a season). I am ok with taking Lewis over Jones, particularly given that his strengths really fit well with what Solari is trying to put together. I'd have preferred Hunt, but he left long before we could consider him. Lewis was my 2nd choice. Cushenberry 3rd.

I believe that Lewis will be a much better OG than Jones will be as RT. I understand the positional value and agree that OTs are inherently more valuable. But I don't think Jones was a particularly good fit in the run game. Lewis is a snotbubbler right out of the box.

Given the UFA investment -- I think I would have preferred Davon Hamilton at that spot. But Lewis should be a good starter and that's perfectly good -- even fantastic for a third round pick.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I complained and really tried hating the Lewis pick. I just cant find any evidence to support it being a bad pick.

As far as Jones goes, I liked him but theres a good reason he went where he did at OT.