Zach Baun, OLB/Edge, Wisconsin

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm curious why Baun dropped all the way to the 3rd round. He was highly rated. Most projections had him going late 1st or early 2nd round.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1mjnj7p4 said:
I'm curious why Baun dropped all the way to the 3rd round. He was highly rated. Most projections had him going late 1st or early 2nd round.

So you're essentially asking why actual GMs/teams didn't have him rated as highly as the draft "experts" who don't actually draft the players?

This is the major sticking point for most of our draft discussions. Find the real answer to this, and we'll know more about definitions for words like "reach" or "getting cute" or "first round grade," etc.

Directly on topic, perhaps he simply isn't good enough to warrant being taken there in spite of what some "anal-ists" thought.

titan3131

Reaction score
I can tell you why I had him rated low 3-4th rounder.

1st his weight was only 238 which isnt that bad, but it is a bit lighter then alot of teams want. On top of that his frame clearly wouldn't hold much more good weight.

Typically a lighter player will load water for the combine to get that weight up even more before drills.

This basic line of thinking means his playing weight is even lower and his average speed is even less not special.

He is a slighter build, and very poor muscle insertions.

He ran. 4.6 again not bad but not special.

His arm length was 32 and change. Again good but nothing special.

If you want to go top 50 you need to have something athletically special to really make it in the league.

This guy has nothing special. Not a bad player but he has no traits to ever be a HOF.