UW vs Oregon St. Preview

D

DomeHawk

Are we going to get to play? It's on for now but there have been so issues at OSU so this might go right on up to game time.

The big question going into the game. That's easy, who's the QB? Usually I have some insider info with my boys knowing UW players through football camps and junior football and high school football. Not so this year with Salvon Ahmed and others gone. Still, we know a couple and we aren't getting much info out of them, Chris Petersen was pretty secretive but Jimmy Lake has taken it to the next level. The players are sworn to secrecy and to tell you the truth, I am not even sure the players know who is going to start.

More coming.....

Okay, the QB's: Kevin Thomson, Dylan Morris, and Jacob Sirmon, haven't heard too much about true freshman Ethan Garbers. From what I have heard Morris won camp but given that Cal has a really good D they were planning on starting Thomson last wk as he has a lot more game time experience. Feel bad for local boy Sirmon but he really doesn't fit our new OC's philosophy being a little too erect and immobile. I can see them starting Thomson with both Morris and Sirmon seeing playing time if things go good early.

How is this going to go? Look for UW to pound the ball. We have a really good and deep group of running backs running behind a OL that averages nearly 325 lbs. They are huge and are in fact, the largest group UDub has ever fielded. Kamari Pleasant probably starts with Richard Newton and Cameron Davis getting most of the reps. Jimmy Lake has placed an emphasis on physicality and look for the Huskies to wear down Oregon State's much smaller squad by the 3rd qtr.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... picks-2020

IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3t0j7m4b said:
Are we going to get to play? It's on for now but there have been so issues at OSU so this might go right on up to game time.

The big question going into the game. That's easy, who's the QB? Usually I have some insider info with my boys knowing UW players through football camps and junior football and high school football. Not so this year with Salvon Ahmed and others gone. Still, we know a couple and we aren't getting much info out of them, Chris Petersen was pretty secretive but Jimmy Lake has taken it to the next level. The players are sworn to secrecy and to tell you the truth, I am not even sure the players know who is going to start.

More coming.....

Okay, the QB's: Kevin Thomson, Dylan Morris, and Jacob Sirmon, haven't heard too much about true freshman Ethan Garbers. From what I have heard Morris won camp but given that Cal has a really good D they were planning on starting Thomson last wk as he has a lot more game time experience. Feel bad for local boy Sirmon but he really doesn't fit our new OC's philosophy being a little too erect and immobile. I can see them starting Thomson with both Morris and Sirmon seeing playing time if things go good early.

How is this going to go? Look for UW to pound the ball. We have a really good and deep group of running backs running behind a OL that averages nearly 325 lbs. They are huge and are in fact, the largest group UDub has ever fielded. Kamari Pleasant probably starts with Richard Newton and Cameron Davis getting most of the reps. Jimmy Lake has placed an emphasis on physicality and look for the Huskies to wear down Oregon State's much smaller squad by the 3rd qtr.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... picks-2020

IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!
They get Sam Huard next year right. My Nephew and brother saw him at a highschool camp, and said he was a man amongst boys. Really easy motion and the ball jumped out of his hand. A natural.

I know very little about the UW team this year. It should be interesting to watch tonight.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Wow, RS freshman Dylan Morris gets the start. They must be really high on him.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":27g7rqnb said:
DomeHawk":27g7rqnb said:
They get Sam Huard next year right. My Nephew and brother saw him at a highschool camp, and said he was a man amongst boys. Really easy motion and the ball jumped out of his hand. A natural.

I know very little about the UW team this year. It should be interesting to watch tonight.

Yep, Sam's a 5-star #1 pro-style QB in the country.

OSU just scored on a blocked punt after the snap was over the kicker's head. Not an auspicious start.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There’s been a few dropped balls but Morris has no touch on his passes.
It’s fastball or nothing. Also not impressed with UW’s run defense.
Special teams has a lot to be desired as well. UW is letting the Beavs hang around.

Oline is looking good though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Whew, dodged a bullet. Beavs came to play.

Still not impressed with Morris’ passing.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":2dqlecfj said:
Whew, dodged a bullet. Beavs came to play.

Still not impressed with Morris’ passing.

I'm not impressed with him at all. He has a tendency to drop his arm and that resulted in several; blocked passes by their DL.

We had to depend on the OL to pull it out and look for that all year. One thing worth noting is that OSU has really good linebackers, one whose name I can't recall is a preseason pick to be an all-american.

Our DB's are excellent as usual and they only had 69 yds passing prior to their last series.

But, I am with you, not impressed with the QB selection.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This is a .500 team if I've ever seen one. I like the defense and the o-line isn't crap. But Morris is a dud and the gameplan is a bore especially when McGrew came out (is he hurt?).

I haven't watched much CFB this year so it's always a shock going from NFL to CFB... the game is so much slower.

I'll take a big purple W.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Are all of these guys getting a grey shirt this year?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3kaeuz98 said:

From everything I know, it's the same 4-game rule.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":dt7mon77 said:
Uncle Si":dt7mon77 said:

From everything I know, it's the same 4-game rule.

I know D1-3 soccer that is playing in the Spring is giving all of its players a one year grey shirt, regardless of games played.

would hope for the same for these football players.