Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Longhorns targeting Sarkisian as next head coach.

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• They just made a big mistake. The guy they had was doing well.
    Sark is severely overrated as a play caller and I said that when he was here at Washington.

Anyone’s playcalling would look good with Alabama’s talent.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:They just made a big mistake. The guy they had was doing well.
    Sark is severely overrated as a play caller and I said that when he was here at Washington.

It's Texas not UW. If your not competing for national titles you'll find the door quick. Hope Sark is does well, can't go worse then USC.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:They just made a big mistake. The guy they had was doing well.

It's Texas not UW. If your not competing for national titles you'll find the door quick. Hope Sark is does well, can't go worse then USC.

Never was comparing Texas to UW or vice versa. Don’t know where you got that from.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• getnasty wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:They just made a big mistake. The guy they had was doing well.

Texas hasn't competed for an NC in over a decade, UW has.

In that same decade Texas has failed to even qualify for a bowl three times. UW has went to a bowl every year.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Never was comparing Texas to UW or vice versa. Don’t know where you got that from.

You said the guy they had was doing well. My point is Texas isn't UW, 8-3 every year isn't gonna cut it. Herman had his shot and couldn't get it done.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Wasn't expecting this. They must have convinced him to stay. :o

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

In that same decade Texas has failed to even qualify for a bowl three times. UW has went to a bowl every year.

Dome,

UW and Texas aren't even in the same conversation so let's not act like they are. There's a reason why guys like Sark leave UW for jobs like USC, Texas, OSU, etc. Don't be upset UW's not in that class it doesn't mean you can't be better then that class.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:Wasn't expecting this. They must have convinced him to stay. :o

With a healthy Dak, Moore could be looking at a HC gig in the NFL in 2022.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Dome,

UW and Texas aren't even in the same conversation so let's not act like they are. There's a reason why guys like Sark leave UW for jobs like USC, Texas, OSU, etc. Don't be upset UW's not in that class it doesn't mean you can't be better then that class.

Texas is a has been program that doesn't compete for NC's every year like you say.

BTW, not upset about anything, just need to set the record straight for you.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

Dome,

Texas is a has been program that doesn't compete for NC's every year like you say.

BTW, not upset about anything, just need to set the record straight for you.

I never said they compete for NC's, i implied that's the expectation.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Football is Texas's Graduate Program like most schools in Texas, 6 year students playing football mostly. It's been that way for time out of mind in the south and Texas, most of us understand it. UW isn't a Football first school.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Football is Texas's Graduate Program like most schools in Texas, 6 year students playing football mostly. It's been that way for time out of mind in the south and Texas, most of us understand it. UW isn't a Football first school.

High school football is gigantic in Texas and that has lead to the Longhorn's prominence in the past. Now, schools that never would have gotten interest from Texas athletes are recruiting there. And, the fact that Oklahoma is still every prominent in the rankings every year siphoning off their best players.

You're both correct that historically Texas has been a bigger program and they put more emphasis on it than UW does. But I don't think anybody really regards Texas in the same category as the Alabama's, OSU's and LSU's anymore. They might return but right now even a billionaire supported non-trad school like Oregon has more prominence.

And while football is still a big thing at UT, the area itself (Austin) has become much more urbane and liberal. The fan base in the local area isn't nearly the same as it was 25 years ago.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Football is Texas's Graduate Program like most schools in Texas, 6 year students playing football mostly. It's been that way for time out of mind in the south and Texas, most of us understand it. UW isn't a Football first school.

And with all of that what has Texas football done outside of the Mack Brown and Darryl K Royal years? Before the recent success, Clemson and Texas were tied for the most overrated football programs of all time.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• New Texas coach Steve Sarkisian will be paid handsomely to lead the Longhorns to eventual Big 12 championships and berth in the College Football Playoff, at least that's the plan. The University of Texas and Sarkisian have agreed on a six-year, $34.2 million contract, per Horns247 insider Chip Brown with a starting salary of $5.2 million for 2021 with $200,000 increases every year thereafter.

Long reports the contract is waiting approval by the university's board of regents. The salary for Sarkisian would make him one of college football's highest-paid coaches.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/A ... 158586271/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Lol

Hope Texas fans are okay with winning 8 games a season.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I've never seen a human being fail forward as he has.
    fire_marshall_bill
    NET Rookie

• fire_marshall_bill wrote:I've never seen a human being fail forward as he has.

An inspiration really.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I hope he can stay on the wagon down there..Lots of pressure
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The thing I remember most about Sark was that his players never improved from one season to the next, and some even regressed, most notably at the QB position. There was no player development at all. I don't know how Texas can hire a guy with that massive red flag on his resume.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information