Longhorns targeting Sarkisian as next head coach.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Texas announced Saturday it has parted ways with football coach Tom Herman after four seasons, with sources telling ESPN's Chris Low that the Longhorns have zeroed in on Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian as his replacement and hope to finalize a deal with him soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...exas-longhorns-fire-football-coach-tom-herman

I1eVnNQ.gif

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They just made a big mistake. The guy they had was doing well.
Sark is severely overrated as a play caller and I said that when he was here at Washington.

Anyone’s playcalling would look good with Alabama’s talent.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gvk82gu said:
Sark is severely overrated as a play caller and I said that when he was here at Washington.

It's Texas not UW. If your not competing for national titles you'll find the door quick. Hope Sark is does well, can't go worse then USC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":2jxy73fh said:
Sports Hernia":2jxy73fh said:

It's Texas not UW. If your not competing for national titles you'll find the door quick. Hope Sark is does well, can't go worse then USC.
Never was comparing Texas to UW or vice versa. Don’t know where you got that from.

D

DomeHawk

getnasty":3danqm8j said:
Sports Hernia":3danqm8j said:

Texas hasn't competed for an NC in over a decade, UW has.

In that same decade Texas has failed to even qualify for a bowl three times. UW has went to a bowl every year.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1345543461727068160[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TexasFootball/status/1345484373185888256[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":nyinzakq said:
getnasty":nyinzakq said:
Sports Hernia":nyinzakq said:

Never was comparing Texas to UW or vice versa. Don’t know where you got that from.

You said the guy they had was doing well. My point is Texas isn't UW, 8-3 every year isn't gonna cut it. Herman had his shot and couldn't get it done.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Wasn't expecting this. They must have convinced him to stay. :eek:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1345549958250901506[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":t2pzroi1 said:
getnasty":t2pzroi1 said:
Sports Hernia":t2pzroi1 said:

In that same decade Texas has failed to even qualify for a bowl three times. UW has went to a bowl every year.

Dome,

UW and Texas aren't even in the same conversation so let's not act like they are. There's a reason why guys like Sark leave UW for jobs like USC, Texas, OSU, etc. Don't be upset UW's not in that class it doesn't mean you can't be better then that class.

getnasty

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3a5h2swv said:
Wasn't expecting this. They must have convinced him to stay. :eek:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1345549958250901506[/tweet]

With a healthy Dak, Moore could be looking at a HC gig in the NFL in 2022.

D

DomeHawk

getnasty":3vlzmdti said:
DomeHawk":3vlzmdti said:
getnasty":3vlzmdti said:
Sports Hernia":3vlzmdti said:

Dome,

UW and Texas aren't even in the same conversation so let's not act like they are. There's a reason why guys like Sark leave UW for jobs like USC, Texas, OSU, etc. Don't be upset UW's not in that class it doesn't mean you can't be better then that class.

Texas is a has been program that doesn't compete for NC's every year like you say.

BTW, not upset about anything, just need to set the record straight for you.

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ozywu6q said:
getnasty":3ozywu6q said:
DomeHawk":3ozywu6q said:
getnasty":3ozywu6q said:

Dome,

Texas is a has been program that doesn't compete for NC's every year like you say.

BTW, not upset about anything, just need to set the record straight for you.

I never said they compete for NC's, i implied that's the expectation.

chris98251

Reaction score
Football is Texas's Graduate Program like most schools in Texas, 6 year students playing football mostly. It's been that way for time out of mind in the south and Texas, most of us understand it. UW isn't a Football first school.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":4ukvaton said:
Football is Texas's Graduate Program like most schools in Texas, 6 year students playing football mostly. It's been that way for time out of mind in the south and Texas, most of us understand it. UW isn't a Football first school.

High school football is gigantic in Texas and that has lead to the Longhorn's prominence in the past. Now, schools that never would have gotten interest from Texas athletes are recruiting there. And, the fact that Oklahoma is still every prominent in the rankings every year siphoning off their best players.

You're both correct that historically Texas has been a bigger program and they put more emphasis on it than UW does. But I don't think anybody really regards Texas in the same category as the Alabama's, OSU's and LSU's anymore. They might return but right now even a billionaire supported non-trad school like Oregon has more prominence.

And while football is still a big thing at UT, the area itself (Austin) has become much more urbane and liberal. The fan base in the local area isn't nearly the same as it was 25 years ago.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":21cxkfzn said:

And with all of that what has Texas football done outside of the Mack Brown and Darryl K Royal years? Before the recent success, Clemson and Texas were tied for the most overrated football programs of all time.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
New Texas coach Steve Sarkisian will be paid handsomely to lead the Longhorns to eventual Big 12 championships and berth in the College Football Playoff, at least that's the plan. The University of Texas and Sarkisian have agreed on a six-year, $34.2 million contract, per Horns247 insider Chip Brown with a starting salary of $5.2 million for 2021 with $200,000 increases every year thereafter.

Long reports the contract is waiting approval by the university's board of regents. The salary for Sarkisian would make him one of college football's highest-paid coaches.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/A ... 158586271/

sdog1981

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":2guhx8ax said:
I've never seen a human being fail forward as he has.

An inspiration really.