Draft Strategy

Chawker

Reaction score
Some position draw more attention then others, meaning if we're drafting 56th it would tuff to get a starting QB or a rush DE, but we could fine a OG or nose tackle or FB and get the pick of the litter. Not traditionally your high valued targets but never the less quality players we need to put on the field.

Christian Barmore NT Alabama is the top nose tackle at that position yet draftrek has him ranked 62 overall. Hell we could draft a FB in the forth round and get the pick of the litter. If Barmore is gone then look at Marvin Wilson florida ST.

OL DT and FB will help us this draft.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Pete is serious about going back to an old school, power run offense, then a proper blocking fullback is an absolute must have.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FB would be a horrible value proposition in the draft. Go through udfa/free agency.

Don't think nose tackle really helps the team much. Left guard/center would be nice. I'm hoping for a heavy focus on offensive line, which is the opposite of how I usually feel. I'd like a couple of running backs late so the cap spent there can be reallocated.

nwHawk

Reaction score
LG, C, and TE are big needs going into the draft. Pete always drafts at least one RB. Dare I say LB should also be a consideration. Bobby's cap hit is $17 then $20 million the next 2 seasons. Those are huge numbers.

I'd look for a late round blocking TE with underrated hands. Dissley should be better, Parkinson should be a pass catcher that will replace Hollister.

LG and Center desperately need an upgrade.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chawker":11dqr4jc said:
Some position draw more attention then others, meaning if we're drafting 56th it would tuff to get a starting QB or a rush DE, but we could fine a OG or nose tackle or FB and get the pick of the litter. Not traditionally your high valued targets but never the less quality players we need to put on the field.

Christian Barmore NT Alabama is the top nose tackle at that position yet draftrek has him ranked 62 overall. Hell we could draft a FB in the forth round and get the pick of the litter. If Barmore is gone then look at Marvin Wilson florida ST.

OL DT and FB will help us this draft.
Seattle is definitely not getting Marvin Wilson.

That guy has top 10 written all over him.

Seattle needs to draft OL and DL.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
I’d fill everything in they can in Free Agency then draft back ups who will be future starters. Same strategy as last year but this year we won’t have unknowns, last year we had no idea if Pocic could play center, this year we could resign Pocic or go after a better veteran because there are more options in Free Agency this year. Ryan Neal was also an unknown last year & Poona solidified himself as one of the best NT’s in the league. Last year we went into the draft desperate for OL & DL this year we don’t have to do that. We can also tag Griffith for about 10 million because the tag is going down due to the salary cap. Alex Collins is a good RB & Mike Davis could be available too. When I saw JD Mckissic flourish in Washington I knew it was our play calling so our new OC should fix things after all look how many former Seahawk coaches are around the league, for sure those guys talked over beers about Seattle’s game plan while Seattle did nothing to factor that fact in. Chris Carson didn’t have his power running the ball in the playoffs makes me wonder if he’s lost it & of course Russell Wilson didn’t calm any fears that his best ball is behind him. My biggest concerns are Griffith, RW, & Carson in that order.

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3jfi6f7g said:
I’d fill everything in they can in Free Agency then draft back ups who will be future starters. Same strategy as last year but this year we won’t have unknowns, last year we had no idea if Pocic could play center, this year we could resign Pocic or go after a better veteran because there are more options in Free Agency this year. Ryan Neal was also an unknown last year & Poona solidified himself as one of the best NT’s in the league. Last year we went into the draft desperate for OL & DL this year we don’t have to do that. We can also tag Griffith for about 10 million because the tag is going down due to the salary cap. Alex Collins is a good RB & Mike Davis could be available too. When I saw JD Mckissic flourish in Washington I knew it was our play calling so our new OC should fix things after all look how many former Seahawk coaches are around the league, for sure those guys talked over beers about Seattle’s game plan while Seattle did nothing to factor that fact in. Chris Carson didn’t have his power running the ball in the playoffs makes me wonder if he’s lost it & of course Russell Wilson didn’t calm any fears that his best ball is behind him. My biggest concerns are Griffith, RW, & Carson in that order.

Smaller paragraphs make it easier to read your posts.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Sorry for being inconsiderate, I’ll do a better job in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":14sevuwc said:
Sorry for being inconsiderate, I’ll do a better job in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

Your fine, being new it's one of the things you don't notice unless your doing a lot of reading and you see the difference, people go through threads quickly and blocks of text are harder to digest since you need to concentrate more with your eyes to sift through each sentence in a bigger block.

Your content is worth reading even if people may disagree, but you want them to read it and not gloss over and move to the next post.

Welcome to .Net.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Thanks your feedback helped me! I noticed Carson lost juice & wasn’t running over DB’s like he usually does! Mike Holgren also in a radio interview question whether Carson has hit a brick wall!

Reaction score
Hopefully trade down a bit from #56 for an extra pick or two, and grab the best IOL available. I'm sure what'll happen is that they'll trade down a bit for an extra pick or two but will draft someone most people wouldn't have predicted and will go on to complain about.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":2zf8hl3k said:
FresnoHawk68":2zf8hl3k said:

Your fine, being new it's one of the things you don't notice unless your doing a lot of reading and you see the difference, people go through threads quickly and blocks of text are harder to digest since you need to concentrate more with your eyes to sift through each sentence in a bigger block.

Your content is worth reading even if people may disagree, but you want them to read it and not gloss over and move to the next post.

Welcome to .Net.

You're

:D