Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Draft Strategy

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Draft Strategy
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:38 pm
  • Some position draw more attention then others, meaning if we're drafting 56th it would tuff to get a starting QB or a rush DE, but we could fine a OG or nose tackle or FB and get the pick of the litter. Not traditionally your high valued targets but never the less quality players we need to put on the field.

Christian Barmore NT Alabama is the top nose tackle at that position yet draftrek has him ranked 62 overall. Hell we could draft a FB in the forth round and get the pick of the litter. If Barmore is gone then look at Marvin Wilson florida ST.

OL DT and FB will help us this draft.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Re: Draft Strategy
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:28 am
  • If Pete is serious about going back to an old school, power run offense, then a proper blocking fullback is an absolute must have.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:29 pm
  • FB would be a horrible value proposition in the draft. Go through udfa/free agency.

Don't think nose tackle really helps the team much. Left guard/center would be nice. I'm hoping for a heavy focus on offensive line, which is the opposite of how I usually feel. I'd like a couple of running backs late so the cap spent there can be reallocated.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm
  • LG, C, and TE are big needs going into the draft. Pete always drafts at least one RB. Dare I say LB should also be a consideration. Bobby's cap hit is $17 then $20 million the next 2 seasons. Those are huge numbers.

I'd look for a late round blocking TE with underrated hands. Dissley should be better, Parkinson should be a pass catcher that will replace Hollister.

LG and Center desperately need an upgrade.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:56 pm
  • Chawker wrote:Some position draw more attention then others, meaning if we're drafting 56th it would tuff to get a starting QB or a rush DE, but we could fine a OG or nose tackle or FB and get the pick of the litter. Not traditionally your high valued targets but never the less quality players we need to put on the field.

Christian Barmore NT Alabama is the top nose tackle at that position yet draftrek has him ranked 62 overall. Hell we could draft a FB in the forth round and get the pick of the litter. If Barmore is gone then look at Marvin Wilson florida ST.

OL DT and FB will help us this draft.

Seattle is definitely not getting Marvin Wilson.

That guy has top 10 written all over him.

Seattle needs to draft OL and DL.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:50 pm
  • I basically ignored college football this year so I'm mostly lost on who is who.
    But, "Seattle needs to draft OL and DL"...I'll vote for that and maybe get another CB in FA.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:44 pm
  • I’d fill everything in they can in Free Agency then draft back ups who will be future starters. Same strategy as last year but this year we won’t have unknowns, last year we had no idea if Pocic could play center, this year we could resign Pocic or go after a better veteran because there are more options in Free Agency this year. Ryan Neal was also an unknown last year & Poona solidified himself as one of the best NT’s in the league. Last year we went into the draft desperate for OL & DL this year we don’t have to do that. We can also tag Griffith for about 10 million because the tag is going down due to the salary cap. Alex Collins is a good RB & Mike Davis could be available too. When I saw JD Mckissic flourish in Washington I knew it was our play calling so our new OC should fix things after all look how many former Seahawk coaches are around the league, for sure those guys talked over beers about Seattle’s game plan while Seattle did nothing to factor that fact in. Chris Carson didn’t have his power running the ball in the playoffs makes me wonder if he’s lost it & of course Russell Wilson didn’t calm any fears that his best ball is behind him. My biggest concerns are Griffith, RW, & Carson in that order.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:38 am
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:I’d fill everything in they can in Free Agency then draft back ups who will be future starters. Same strategy as last year but this year we won’t have unknowns, last year we had no idea if Pocic could play center, this year we could resign Pocic or go after a better veteran because there are more options in Free Agency this year. Ryan Neal was also an unknown last year & Poona solidified himself as one of the best NT’s in the league. Last year we went into the draft desperate for OL & DL this year we don’t have to do that. We can also tag Griffith for about 10 million because the tag is going down due to the salary cap. Alex Collins is a good RB & Mike Davis could be available too. When I saw JD Mckissic flourish in Washington I knew it was our play calling so our new OC should fix things after all look how many former Seahawk coaches are around the league, for sure those guys talked over beers about Seattle’s game plan while Seattle did nothing to factor that fact in. Chris Carson didn’t have his power running the ball in the playoffs makes me wonder if he’s lost it & of course Russell Wilson didn’t calm any fears that his best ball is behind him. My biggest concerns are Griffith, RW, & Carson in that order.

Smaller paragraphs make it easier to read your posts.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:25 am
  • Sorry for being inconsiderate, I’ll do a better job in the future. Thanks for the heads up!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:52 am
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:Sorry for being inconsiderate, I’ll do a better job in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

Your fine, being new it's one of the things you don't notice unless your doing a lot of reading and you see the difference, people go through threads quickly and blocks of text are harder to digest since you need to concentrate more with your eyes to sift through each sentence in a bigger block.

Your content is worth reading even if people may disagree, but you want them to read it and not gloss over and move to the next post.

Welcome to .Net.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 am
  • Thanks your feedback helped me! I noticed Carson lost juice & wasn’t running over DB’s like he usually does! Mike Holgren also in a radio interview question whether Carson has hit a brick wall!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:33 am
  • Hopefully trade down a bit from #56 for an extra pick or two, and grab the best IOL available. I'm sure what'll happen is that they'll trade down a bit for an extra pick or two but will draft someone most people wouldn't have predicted and will go on to complain about.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:31 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:Sorry for being inconsiderate, I’ll do a better job in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

Your fine, being new it's one of the things you don't notice unless your doing a lot of reading and you see the difference, people go through threads quickly and blocks of text are harder to digest since you need to concentrate more with your eyes to sift through each sentence in a bigger block.

Your content is worth reading even if people may disagree, but you want them to read it and not gloss over and move to the next post.

Welcome to .Net.

You're

:D
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information