Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quinn Meinerz, interior O-lineman, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Quinn Meinerz, interior O-lineman, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Full disclosure: I didn't know anything about Meinerz prior to this week. He's stealing the show in Mobile, though, after putting together two dominant days of practice.

    The Senior Bowl is important for every prospect in attendance, but it's especially critical for a player like Meinerz, who comes from Division III and didn't get to match up against top competition until he arrived at the Senior Bowl. He certainly is showing he belongs.

    He's been even better than the Buccaneers' Ali Marpet -- a fellow former DIII player -- was at this event several years ago. Marpet used this all-star game to launch his career, and Meinerz is well on his way to doing the same thing. You have to respect his sense of fashion, too.

    https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bo ... haun-watso
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • I’m very fond of this guy. I caught an article about him a few days ago when the Rams scheduled him for a visit. I doubt the Seahawks will be too interested but I’ll be checking to see how he fares in the NFL. I watched him dunk a basketball in his highlight video.
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:34 pm


  • JAKE AND STACY

    Hour 3 - Seahawks Draft Prospect Profile: OL Quinn Meinerz


    Monday's third hour starts with news of another starting QB getting dealt, so do we now know how the first few picks of the 2021 Draft will play out?

    Speaking of the draft, Jake and Stacy debut their 2021 Draft Prospect Profile series with an under-the-radar player in Wisconsin-Whitewater OL Quinn Meinerz. What I Need to Know finishes off a busy Monday.

    https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Stacy
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • HawkNuts wrote:I’m very fond of this guy. I caught an article about him a few days ago when the Rams scheduled him for a visit. I doubt the Seahawks will be too interested but I’ll be checking to see how he fares in the NFL. I watched him dunk a basketball in his highlight video.



    Daaannggg....that avatar....what was I talking about...oh, yeah, could you find a link to that story and the video?
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Every year, there's a scrappy mid-round smallest-of-small-schools lineman that gets hyped up.

    Meinerz is more than that. This guy has a freakish athletic profile and unteachable traits. He needs to clean up some technique issues, but he's an absolute dog.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4994
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Every year, there's a scrappy mid-round smallest-of-small-schools lineman that gets hyped up.

    Meinerz is more than that. This guy has a freakish athletic profile and unteachable traits. He needs to clean up some technique issues, but he's an absolute dog.


    Was it Danny Watkins the Fireman with the short arms the eagles drafted?
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • ivotuk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Every year, there's a scrappy mid-round smallest-of-small-schools lineman that gets hyped up.

    Meinerz is more than that. This guy has a freakish athletic profile and unteachable traits. He needs to clean up some technique issues, but he's an absolute dog.


    Was it Danny Watkins the Fireman with the short arms the eagles drafted?


    Oof. Yeah, overdrafted him by like a round despite awful athletic testing and the fact he was in his late 20s. Guy's already 36!
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4994
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • I've soured on him a bit after watching a lot more of his tape and all his senior bowl reps.

    I love his tenacity and athletic profile, but I gotta say, I think his technique issues are a bit more of a bottleneck than I had expected.

    Seems like more of a fourth round type to me.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4994
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Could be Maelstrom, but he is rising and has risen sharply up many "experts" draft boards.

    I think as a Tier 3 prospect he will of course be quite raw, but he was physically dominant at the Senior Bowl something the team needs in our Division. I'd rank him as the 3rd or 4th OC candidate, another worthy guy would be Trey Smith who can also play G & C.

    I'd love to have this guy on the team but there are others who could also do the job.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7758
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm




It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 9:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests