Just in case it hits the fan - who is your favorite QB?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Other than Lawrence, that is.

Gotta tell you, I'm a fan of Trey Lance. He reminds me of a blend between Kaepernick and Jackson - could run a real good rushing attack with him. I haven't dipped into any tape on the guys except Lawrence, who is head-and-shoulders above the rest in my eyes.

What say you?

(PLEASE keep the Russ speculation out of this thread. Just wanna talk about the quarterback prospects and the offensive schemes they'd fit best in.)

SwissCheese77

Reaction score
Personally, I feel like Fields is a fantastic prospect that's been getting a lot of unwarranted hate recently.

Fade

Reaction score
Kyle Trask is the guy I would take after Trevor Lawrence. I wouldn't at all be surprised if longterm he is the best QB of the class.

I'm curious to see how high his stock will rise leading up to draft day.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
They’re all great QB’s! With the exception of Lawrence none of them are ready to start year 1 therefore none are worth a high round 1 pick. Zach Wilson may be good but will his body hold up in the NFL? RW is complaining about 394 sacks makes me want to trade him more!

Kellen Mond & Davis Mills are also excellent and Feleipi Franks could be the biggest steal in the draft! Franks was drafted as a Pitcher.

Trading RW then drafting a QB in the top 10 is suicide! Mond has the best arm out of all of them. The right move is to draft Mills or Mond round 2 maybe Trask. I like Trask he’s gets a bad rap because they say he’s not mobile enough I think it’s BS.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Fade":1fltfdlk said:
Kyle Trask is the guy I would take after Trevor Lawrence. I wouldn't at all be surprised if longterm he is the best QB of the class.

I'm curious to see how high his stock will rise leading up to draft day.

I see it too in Trask long term. Trevor is ready to start in the NFL now and setting aside getting COVID-19 he’s almost perfect.

This QB class is loaded!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SwissCheese77":25mquu2y said:
Personally, I feel like Fields is a fantastic prospect that's been getting a lot of unwarranted hate recently.

The Ohio state offense requires Fields to lock onto the WR to determine which way the WR breaks. He’s not ready to start in the NFL but he’s an incredible talent.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":19vx5147 said:
Other than Lawrence, that is.

Gotta tell you, I'm a fan of Trey Lance. He reminds me of a blend between Kaepernick and Jackson - could run a real good rushing attack with him. I haven't dipped into any tape on the guys except Lawrence, who is head-and-shoulders above the rest in my eyes.

What say you?

(PLEASE keep the Russ speculation out of this thread. Just wanna talk about the quarterback prospects and the offensive schemes they'd fit best in.)

2 years before Lance is ready! Give him 2 years on the bench anything is possible!

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1m2a8fjx said:
They’re all great QB’s! With the exception of Lawrence none of them are ready to start year 1 therefore none are worth a high round 1 pick. Zach Wilson may be good but will his body hold up in the NFL? RW is complaining about 394 sacks makes me want to trade him more!

Kellen Mond & Davis Mills are also excellent and Feleipi Franks could be the biggest steal in the draft! Franks was drafted as a Pitcher.

Trading RW then drafting a QB in the top 10 is suicide! Mond has the best arm out of all of them. The right move is to draft Mills or Mond round 2 maybe Trask. I like Trask he’s gets a bad rap because they say he’s not mobile enough I think it’s BS.

Tjack had a great arm, so did Jamarcus Russell, you need more for an arm.

You need processing skills, Football IQ, intelligence to understand what a defense is doing and where the holes are. Then there is not shooting yourself in the foot off season, and after games like Manziel.

There are 100's of people with great arms out there, you start wheedling things down when you add the other factors.

If it was so easy to find arms every draft would be putting all pros out there.

Art Schilster
Jeff George
a whole long list of Cleveland picks all first rounders and high ones, Bengals have been trying for years and best they could do since Carson Palmer was Dalton. Dallas has been looking forever for the QB that would replace Aikman, they have had guys that are close but not able to breech that gap with either a team around them or a guy that has the it factor.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Kellen Mond looks like a Seahawk. He has upside, but he needs time to develope. Hard to image where he goes at this point. A few weeks ago I was thinking total sleeper that might fall to the 3rd or 4th round like Dak, but I've heard his name mentioned as a 1st rounder.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
nwHawk":373090as said:
Kellen Mond looks like a Seahawk. He has upside, but he needs time to develope. Hard to image where he goes at this point. A few weeks ago I was thinking total sleeper that might fall to the 3rd or 4th round like Dak, but I've heard his name mentioned as a 1st rounder.

I've been studying him for the past day or two, and you're spot on. The way he escapes from the pocket is great, and he has a great feel for velocity and how the ball should be delivered. He can deliver a spot-on touch pass with pressure in his face, he has enough arm strength to keep the ball placement steady on intermediate routes, and he adds a dimension in the rushing attack too. Misses some passes here and there and a little inconsistent, but good overall.

I don't see anything that really keeps him from a late first round grade. Mostly a pleasure to watch. In the third, I'd absolutely love him.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree.

I also think one of the most undervalued aspect of evaluating a draftable QB is how they handle pressure and can they still deliver the ball. Can they still function under constant pressure or do they fold. Often the best college QBs are playing behind very good offensive lines. Might be why many of the top drafted QBs fail in the NFL.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Watched a bunch more Trey Lance, and I gotta say, as it stands I'd prefer either Mond or Trask. He's got potential but there's a lot of development needed.