With the 56th pick Seahawks select

Forthewin

Reaction score
Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
I think he can fall to 55. He gets the job done but appears super stiff. I could see the hawks drafting any position but LB,QB, kicker, punter, WR and Saftey...So thats my guess, who do you got?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks2022":1ihp3plt said:
Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
I think he can fall to 55. He gets the job done but appears super stiff. I could see the hawks drafting any position but LB,QB, kicker, punter, WR and Saftey...So thats my guess, who do you got?
With no 1st or 3rd they will trade it.

Chawker

Reaction score
Hawks2022":39xho8uy said:
Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

I'd much rather select a player on the raise then a player with stiffness issues. If you are looking at a center, check out Landman Dickerson Alabama 6'6" 325

Trading back to get him and picking up a third round pick we could use on LBer Charles Snowdon 6'7" 230 Virginia.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
... the 97th rated player in the draft with a history of injuries who the team will be converting to a position they have little experience playing.

Sigh. I am jaded about the Seahawks drafts.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
The problem Seattle needs to work out is this...

Win the line of scrimmage. We don't. Plain and simple. So fix that issue.

CPHawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3il1jceu said:

We have drafted how many OL in the first 2 rounds under Snyder, and yet people want us to waste picks on more OL who he will miss on? It’s clear FA is our best option to fix the OL, since he has a tough time drafting OL early in the draft, who are worth it.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I hear you. We just miss, consistently. Maybe continually trading down is not the answer?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ones that may be there for the Seahawks pick are Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan, Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama, and Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2r4wom2q said:
I hear you. We just miss, consistently. Maybe continually trading down is not the answer?

Need better scouts or scouting methods. Something. Anything. Because you're right, the LOS is the biggest weakness and has been for years and years now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
CPHawk":vz9pt4pv said:
CHawkTailGator":vz9pt4pv said:

We have drafted how many OL in the first 2 rounds under Snyder, and yet people want us to waste picks on more OL who he will miss on? It’s clear FA is our best option to fix the OL, since he has a tough time drafting OL early in the draft, who are worth it.

So what I'm hearing is that you hate Damien Lewis, and they should not even try to address a position via the draft that is significantly overvalued in FA?

Bad process, imo.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3g3vn2hw said:

Trading down is the prudent move after the first 15 picks where the blue-chip talent is generally heavily concentrated. After that, the draft odds-wise becomes significantly more of a crapshoot, and assuming the trade down is of near-equal value, its the best way to maximize the odds of coming away with a contributor.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CPHawk":1l1rywnm said:
CHawkTailGator":1l1rywnm said:

Get the facts straight. Those were Cable picks.

Recent history (Post-Cable) has shown otherwise.

And yes, trade back for more picks. A LOT of good Offensive Linemen come from the 3rd and later rounds.

From an article on 710 ESPN: I'll leave out Scherff who was an early pick (#5 overall)

Packers center Corey Linsley

Linsley, who turns 30 in July, entered the league in 2014 as the Packers’ fifth-round selection after playing in college at Ohio State. Despite being a fifth-round pick, he started as a rookie and has been Green Bay’s starting center ever since. He’s started all 16 games four times and played at least 13 games in six of his seven NFL seasons. In 2020, he was named a First-Team All-Pro.

Thuney also played 2020 on the franchise tag, earning $14,780,000 from the New England Patriots. A left guard, Thuney was a third-round pick by New England in 2016 after playing at North Carolina State. He was a Second-Team All-Pro in 2019 and has started all 16 games every year since entering the NFL.

“If you’re asking me just my overall wish list of guys that if you could pick any three, those three … are the guys I would really love to see in a Seahawks uniform this season,” Heaps said.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1297094/ ... -seahawks/

CPHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3q4ikavm said:
CPHawk":3q4ikavm said:
CHawkTailGator":3q4ikavm said:

So what I'm hearing is that you hate Damien Lewis, and they should not even try to address a position via the draft that is significantly overvalued in FA?

Bad process, imo.

Lewis is great, but the 10 guys before him all sucked. So what’s a bad process? Continue down a back that the team bats .100 at, or go get a couple vets?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
CPHawk":60awue0z said:
Maelstrom787":60awue0z said:
CPHawk":60awue0z said:
CHawkTailGator":60awue0z said:

Bad process, imo.

Lewis is great, but the 10 guys before him all sucked. So what’s a bad process? Continue down a back that the team bats .100 at, or go get a couple vets?

Not as easy as just getting a couple of vets. Still gotta draft there regardless. Linemen are valued at a premium price, and young talent is needed there.

Fade

Reaction score
SEC offensive lineman.

1st rd. James Carpenter --> SEC
2nd rd. Justin Britt --> SEC
1st rd. Jermaine Ifedi --> SEC
2nd rd. Ethan Pocic --> SEC
3rd rd. Damien Lewis --> SEC