Team Need: WR (add on here)

nwHawk

Reaction score
I thought about starting a thread the other day about WRs. I saw this guy and had a flash back to Golden Tate. This guy is explosive, shifty and strong. Reported this guy squats 600 lbs. and runs in the low 4.3s that’s insane. Fun to watch.

Rondale Moore from Purdue. He may get plucked at the top of the 2nd, but he could drop due to his size and injury history.

[youtube]1EACeAyqslI[/youtube]

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Another shifty burner: Kadarius Toney

[youtube]n1n2ShpUAVg[/youtube]

Dude has a little dog in him. I get a DeSean Jackson vibe, not as many go balls but not afraid to get after it.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I have a few guys that I think the Seahawks should take a look at:

Elijah Moore, Ole Miss

[youtube]on0FisUOvu0[/youtube]

Amari Rodgers, Clemson

[youtube]iVdvJLvWGao[/youtube]

Tutu Atwell, Louisville

[youtube]YWL5Xez7bKI[/youtube]

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks need to trade Adams to get back into the 1st round and then we can use that pick to take one of these WR. Toney would be my preference. Then get a OC in the 2nd round.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
dutchcoug":lz1owj4y said:
I think the Seahawks need to trade Adams to get back into the 1st round and then we can use that pick to take one of these WR. Toney would be my preference. Then get a OC in the 2nd round.
Although, I really like Toney, his dead leg cut and stop may be the stuff of legendary college highlights, I don’t think Carroll wants to trade Adams.

Carroll, a DB, at heart loves Adams abilities as I think he reminds him of Troy Polamalu without the intercepts and range.

But, Carroll, also wants an alpha DB leader and that’s what Adams brings.

I really like Toney but I don’t feel Toney will be able to get the most value out of his abilities if Seattle picks him.

Toney a slot guy would thrive in an open offense like San Fran or KC but not with Seattle.

Make no mistake, DK fits Seattle system more so than Toney would fit Seattle’s system.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Iowa's Ihmir Smith-Marsette is a WR and a returner, and we need both. 6’1” and 180 lbs. room to grow.

[youtube]2z1n3xPWyvM[/youtube]

[youtube]ydGe3C9EQX0[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tylan Wallace. This guy is much like Golden Tate....Golden Tate 2.0?
[youtube]xva7l5pViZM[/youtube]

getnasty

Reaction score
I think we'll see a ton of two TE sets and Everett will essentially be our 3rd WR. Plus i want to see what we have in Swain, Ursua and hopefully Cody Thompson.

Zybot

Reaction score
In looking at some of the players available and player needs at WR, I wonder if Tyler Vaughns out of USC might be a good fit for the Hawks. He is maybe a 7th rounder or UDFA. But he seems to have the profile of being a potential option as a possession receiver to be some competition at that possession role or kick returner role. So if the Hawks are targeting a WR in that range I could see him getting a look. He's not really fast, but he has good hands and good footwork for short passes and for returning kicks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":p2dop7c5 said:
WR isn't a team need

Offensive production is always a team need, and another wide receiver sets the offense off. Ask TB how having 3 legitimate threats at WR works out for them.

As far as the WR's that may fall go, the only one I'd really consider is Rondale Moore. Waldron knows how to use jet sweep stuff, and that's got Rondale written all over it. He adds another dimension.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A late round guy you all should look into: Cade Johnson. Productive, tough slot guy out of San Jose. Adds kick return value. Character is a plus and looked really good in the Senior Bowl. In fact, PFF had him as the top-graded receiver on 1 on 1's in the Senior Bowl, and we know PC/JS put more stock into that game than most due to their connection with Jim Nagy.

I can see them liking this guy. His explosion numbers were a little disappointing, but you know who he profiles extremely similarly to? John Ursua. Little bit worse in the broad/vert, little bit better in the 40 (4.49), little bit younger, and same type of great production for multiple years.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Just saw highlights of Whop Philyor...some are saying he has Tyreek Hill like skills.

[youtube]7HX3PrCu4Mo[/youtube]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":lg38eso4 said:
A late round guy you all should look into: Cade Johnson. Productive, tough slot guy out of San Jose. Adds kick return value. Character is a plus and looked really good in the Senior Bowl. In fact, PFF had him as the top-graded receiver on 1 on 1's in the Senior Bowl, and we know PC/JS put more stock into that game than most due to their connection with Jim Nagy.

I can see them liking this guy. His explosion numbers were a little disappointing, but you know who he profiles extremely similarly to? John Ursua. Little bit worse in the broad/vert, little bit better in the 40 (4.49), little bit younger, and same type of great production for multiple years.

Hell yeah, son.

Cade has a chance to make the roster.