Trey Ragas, RB, Louisiana

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's 5'10, 230 pds and runs similarly to Marshawn Lynch. Beastmode jr -

[youtube]RrNIXhjoKPI[/youtube]

Looks very Seahawky to me. I'm sure he would be available to the Seahawks probably their 4th rd pick or later. UDFA perhaps?

chris98251

Reaction score
Weaknesses
Broad and bulky in his hips.
Not enough foot quickness to wiggle away from penetration.
Slow to and through the hole.
Unable to get to the corner on bounce-wide runs.
Can't finesse through crevices along the interior.
Unimaginative running style is easy to find for linebackers.
Strong but not overly explosive.
Rarely a third-down option for the Ragin' Cajuns.

Analysis: Ragas was a very productive ball carrier with excellent size, and he has enough skill to make it as a fifth running back on an NFL roster.

On top of his middling explosiveness and athleticism, Ragas is set to turn 25 years old this coming November. Given the fact that running backs have shorter shelf lives than other positional players, the fact that Ragas is already 25, with over 500 career carries under his belt, throws his long-term utility into question.

Nevertheless, as a sixth or seventh-round pick, Ragas might generate some interest. For teams like the Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, and the New York Jets, who likely crave more baseline utility and power in their rushing rooms, Ragas would be a solid addition.

He doesn’t have quite as much upside as his teammate Mitchell, but as we’ve seen, buy-low running backs are always good investments to make, either late in the draft, or in the undrafted free agent pool.

UDFA probably we would not use a 4th on him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Don't like his footwork. Looks like his feet get stuck. Lil bit old too.

7th/UDFA, sure. Could probably get up to speed quickly, but I don't see a high ceiling for him. If he comes in, get him to lose 10 pounds and do nothing but agility ladders and jump rope for months. Gotta get that foot speed.

Own The West

Reaction score
He runs upright and you see him weaving rather than cutting. Also notice that he 'swims' with his free hand in air to keep his balance, not a good look. I got the impression that he would only carry the ball in his left hand ala Christine Michael, but didn't re-watch it to see if I was wrong.

I did like that he never went head-to head with anyone, which denotes some slipperiness, but on the other hand he never goes head-to-head with anyone...