Hate The Pick

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Needed Oline and Defense more than a 5'8" WR. Oh well. The FO continues to depress.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
They will never pick anyone we may think or want them to pick. Who knows what this guy will do. But they prob could have gotten a similar player in undrafted agency. Thank god they can only screw up 3 picks this draft. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3j29oq36 said:
They will never pick anyone we may think or want them to pick. Who knows what this guy will do. But they prob could have gotten a similar player in undrafted agency. Thank god they can only screw up 3 picks this draft. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol is this sarcasm?

nwHawk

Reaction score
If we just grabbed No E 2.0, you’d probably be disappointed too.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
nwHawk":30i4r17b said:

How are you happy with this pick? With Oline needs and being so thin at CB, you are content with a guy that is only (MAYBE) going to contribute on special teams this season? The FO continues to be clueless. Eskridge did play some DB for the scouts so i'm sure Pete will probably try to convert him.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He will house returns next year.

He will earn starting slot in new offense and draw coverage as well as house some crossers.

Sweeps.

I love this pick, this is a sign our offense is going to be closer to Rams was than Hawks was imo, which is exciting, we might actually be looking to score points first and then protect the ball.

I like it.

Plenty of time to get o-linemen it just means a top flight tackle is number one next year, I think.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Rob Staton Seahawksdraftblog predicted this pick and likes Dee. If you want to know about the players selected that's where you should go. Dee is a good player. Seahawks got a terrific WR quote from Tony Pauline.

Chawker

Reaction score
I was thinking that they haven't signed KJ wright, which had me thinking that they would trade a player to be able to sign him. But it leaves us short handed at OLB ? I'm hoping for Snowden @129.

Eskridge my grade C+ B-

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1vggbjbp said:
nwHawk":1vggbjbp said:

How are you happy with this pick? With Oline needs and being so thin at CB, you are content with a guy that is only (MAYBE) going to contribute on special teams this season? The FO continues to be clueless. Eskridge did play some DB for the scouts so i'm sure Pete will probably try to convert him.

1. You're making huge assumptions about what his role will be. This guy had 23.3 yards per catch last year, is a great returner, outrageous top end speed, good quickness, good hands, can make tough catches, and is the obvious candidate to be the primary recipient of jet sweeps in a Waldron offense.

2. Drafting by need isn't always the best way to go. Offensive linemen take time to get up to speed, almost always. You'd be calling any OL taken a bust after 4 games, or immediately when they lose to Pocic in camp.

3. The conversion comment is kinda asinine.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1ogxjnts said:
Rob Staton Seahawksdraftblog predicted this pick and likes Dee. If you want to know about the players selected that's where you should go. Dee is a good player. Seahawks got a terrific WR quote from Tony Pauline.

Please give me a break! Rob wanted a Center because he hates Pocic. Or Rob was cool with trading back. D’Wayne Eskridge had Seattle written on his forehead and that’s why Rob had to mock him. Nobody could cover Eskridge at the Senior Bowl he dominated everyone, Seattle loves Senior Bowl Stand outs. We lost WR’s to FA a speed demon and our punt returner. If Eskridge’s special teams skills transferred to the NFL it was a no brainer for Seattle.
Currently we are short 2 LB’s! Purdue LB Derrick Barnes is a stud & Seattle interviewed a lot of LB’s including Army’s Jon Rhattigan.
Pete also interviewed Florida Kicker Evan McPherson

If Seattle drafts a LB or Kicker Rob Stanton will go ballistic! Why because he’s a numb nuts! Seattle interviewed several slot WR’s, DT’s, and LB’s plus a couple CB’s but Rob Stanton has other ideas.

Rob is ready to quit cause he can’t get anything right! He believes Seattle made a mistake trading for Jamal Adams, thought Poona was a back up while Poona is securing top NT in the league, thought Pocic wasn’t starter material, thinks Darrell Taylor will never play a down & is a wasted pick, and constantly pushes the narrative RW hates Pete.
The only draft pick Rob has nailed is Ifedi but so did everyone else.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1r2uzmga said:
nwHawk":1r2uzmga said:

He’s probably better than Florida’s Toney & Purdue’s Moore! Eskridge is a stud!

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Chawker":2v1mycfd said:
I'm hoping for Snowden @129.
He's still holed up in Russia so I don't think that would work out very well for the Hawks

chet380

Reaction score
mrblitz":3byl6gm4 said:
could be the next edelman... great

More likely to be the next Joey Galloway -- a 100 and 200 meter champion.

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually he is more Golden Tate, but a much better natural receiver, body, size very much alike except a whole lot faster.

Oh and Tate drafted 60 this kid at 56, everyone says O line Oline, but we did improve it, we have depth in the wings that was red shirted mostly. Experts and many of us fans forget that aspect.

Also everyone is thinking same blocking scheme in Waldron's offense, IF AND I SAY BIG IF, he is allowed to run things his way, get a rhythm offense in place where our line can run block and then rhythm pass the deficiencies we have seen about sacks and hits should be limited.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3amfqkme said:
Northwest Seahawk":3amfqkme said:

Please give me a break! Rob wanted a Center because he hates Pocic. Or Rob was cool with trading back. D’Wayne Eskridge had Seattle written on his forehead and that’s why Rob had to mock him. Nobody could cover Eskridge at the Senior Bowl he dominated everyone, Seattle loves Senior Bowl Stand outs. We lost WR’s to FA a speed demon and our punt returner. If Eskridge’s special teams skills transferred to the NFL it was a no brainer for Seattle.
Currently we are short 2 LB’s! Purdue LB Derrick Barnes is a stud & Seattle interviewed a lot of LB’s including Army’s Jon Rhattigan.
Pete also interviewed Florida Kicker Evan McPherson

If Seattle drafts a LB or Kicker Rob Stanton will go ballistic! Why because he’s a numb nuts! Seattle interviewed several slot WR’s, DT’s, and LB’s plus a couple CB’s but Rob Stanton has other ideas.

Rob is ready to quit cause he can’t get anything right! He believes Seattle made a mistake trading for Jamal Adams, thought Poona was a back up while Poona is securing top NT in the league, thought Pocic wasn’t starter material, thinks Darrell Taylor will never play a down & is a wasted pick, and constantly pushes the narrative RW hates Pete.
The only draft pick Rob has nailed is Ifedi but so did everyone else.

Nice rant thanks have a nice day.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2mfrx9bn said:
pittpnthrs":2mfrx9bn said:
nwHawk":2mfrx9bn said:

1. You're making huge assumptions about what his role will be. This guy had 23.3 yards per catch last year, is a great returner, outrageous top end speed, good quickness, good hands, can make tough catches, and is the obvious candidate to be the primary recipient of jet sweeps

He looks to have unbelievable quickness.... He looks to be at top end speed after a step or two.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We grab OL basically every year. I would have been pissed with another OL. We can still sign a veteran OL. I still think CB is our biggest issue right now, I was really hoping for the Stanford CB. But this pick isn’t to bad.

nwHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2p8m8a7i said:
nwHawk":2p8m8a7i said:

He will contribute plenty. Top 3 WRs all running 4.3 blazing around with jet sweep action and a couple of capable TEs... I’m fine with it. The 2 safety look that gave us fits last year should not be a problem in the future.

Has Pete & John ever drafted a CB in the 2nd round? No, so you should have expected that going in. They’ll draft a corner, those guys take time to learn Pete’s style. Even Sheen did. This team desperately needed a jitterbug WR last year. I’m thrilled they recognized it and addressed it. The return game had been rough until Reed got worked in, but he will need to be at his best playing corner. Eskridge will make this interesting.

I would have loved Creed Humphrey, who I thought could be a really good player, but Eskridge is a guy I really liked and was not surprised was the pick. Would I have like to trade down and get more picks to address other needs, yes, but I suspect the Rams would have grabbed him had we not.