Husky Recruiting

sdog1981

Reaction score
I have no idea what is going on over there. One thing I do know is UW has 108 Freshman and Sophomores on the roster due to COVID eligibility rules from 2020.

"Of the 125 players on the current roster, 77 are listed as freshmen (55) or redshirt freshmen (22), while 31 more are sophomores. That means that 108 of 125 players (86 percent) have three or more years of eligibility remaining, entering the 2021 season"

https://pac-12.com/article/2021/08/30/h ... vs-montana

CPHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3f5wtbmh said:
I have no idea what is going on over there. One thing I do know is UW has 108 Freshman and Sophomores on the roster due to COVID eligibility rules from 2020.

"Of the 125 players on the current roster, 77 are listed as freshmen (55) or redshirt freshmen (22), while 31 more are sophomores. That means that 108 of 125 players (86 percent) have three or more years of eligibility remaining, entering the 2021 season"

That’s about half the rosters in college right now. Have to feel bad for the players in a year that schools start running off. They will still need to room for HS recruits.

sdog1981

Reaction score
CPHawk":296ckba0 said:
sdog1981":296ckba0 said:

That’s about half the rosters in college right now. Have to feel bad for the players in a year that schools start running off. They will still need to room for HS recruits.

It could lead to a major transfer recruiting class for some schools.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was thinking that athletes ability to make money from their name and likeness would have impact on recruiting. Maybe that was the case with these guys. One commited to Oregon (Nike), another to Texas (bigger FB reputation than UW), etc.

TreeRon

Reaction score
How many went to Montana? More money to be made there, what with the copperkings and all.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Fresno had 3-4 grad transfers from power 5 schools starting on their D yesterday. I sure lots of MWC schools did the same thing, and will continue to use the transfer portal to improve.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I see the last post in this thread was made September 5th. Couldn't get much worse than losing to Montana...but it didn't get a heck of a lot better, either.

The Beav beat us and so did The Coug. In most humiliating fashion. UCLA beat us, the Ducks beat us, ASU beat us and so did Colorado. Making matters worse was the loss to Colorado might have been our best performance. Though we did play the Ducks closer than one may have expected.

Thank god Lake and his staff of idiots are now gone. Though Huff remains and I can't get my head around that with him going like 0-6 on in state linemen this past cycle. In my mind, he was, and is, the weakest link of all. He simply has to go.

NIL was mentioned above and at the time of this thread, I doubt any of us could have predicted just how bad this scheme would get. At least for this university, with an upper campus that obviously doesn't much care about football.

Jen Cohen hired a Duck to over see our NIL program. Karen Ramming. They both need to be fired along with Huff. The school has some other good teams in place and Men's basketball showed (fleeting) promise towards the end. Sadly, that may save Cohen. But Ramming? You kidding me? It's almost like she's rubbing our noses in the fact this school of academia will not be paying kids to play football.

I should end this in stating my opinion that NO kids should be paid to play. Unless, of course all schools play and pay by the same rules. I am literally outraged by some of the things I'm hearing...like the rumor that Oregon stole Josh Connerly by offering him $1,000,000! In all the stuff in sports that makes me crazy, nothing has riled me as much as this NIL thing (in it's current form).

Making matters worse (I know, I'm ranting) this new rule where a player does not have to sit a year before transferring and playing for another school. This is pure madness as it is set up. IE: John Smith receives only one offer. He attends that school, flashes and suddenly Bama wants him. That's it. He's gone.

That and NIL will destroy this once great game. Rant over. For now.

D

DomeHawk

Not sure what's happening at UW but seeing key recruits decommit is not good -
Guys like Ben Roberts, Sir Mells, Anthony Jones, and Mark Nabou.

https://www.si.com/college/washingt...to-a-decommit-fourth-in-this-recruiting-cycle
I thought Jimmy Lake was going to be a great recruiter but he was just the opposite in addition to being a failed coach. Right now we are only #27th ranked. That's not good but the word is that we are going to finish strong and jump 10 spots. Hopefully, they will get some good D players in the portal to what should be a solid contender for the Pac championship.