Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone check on DomeHawk, he might be on suicide watch.

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Montana upsets UW in their home opener, 13-7.

:lol:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Losing recruits and losing to Montana. Dome has inside info that Jimmy Lake is the next Lou Hultz though so all is fine at UW.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Maybe that's the problem, Holtz has a screw loose.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• Jimmy Lake was a moron for starting Morris and not pulling him. End of story.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This looks like the worst Husky team since '08.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Dylan Morris is awful. The Huskies play Michigan next week. It’s going to be even uglier game than it was tonight. As long as Lake sticks with Morris, the Huskies aren’t going to be very good. I’ve seen blind mice throw passes with better touch and accuracy than Morris.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:Dylan Morris is awful. The Huskies play Michigan next week. It’s going to be even uglier game than it was tonight. As long as Lake sticks with Morris, the Huskies aren’t going to be very good. I’ve seen blind mice throw passes with better touch and accuracy than Morris.

I will not watch any more UW games that Morris is starting. A waste of time.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Ty Willingham might be the worst Husky football coach I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. Tossup between him and Keith Gilbertson.

But this new guy, Lake, is clearly overmatched. Fantastic when he was a DC but clearly cannot pick coordinators.

You don't lose to Montana.

Even Ty freaking Willingham did not lose to San Jose St. (And neither did Keith Gilbertson, that I can recall.)

The other thing is our QB sucks. He makes Browning look like a gunslinger, as my brother pointed out. Can he even throw for more than 25 yards? ever?

This might be the worse loss in Husky football history, and that is saying something.

At home, against freaking Montana. We shouldn't even clamor to fire Lake right now.

He deserves to treated like Ben Simmons, and just mercilessly mocked and vilified for the rest of the year. There is no excuse for losing to Montana. None.

This is not something you can easily come back from, if you come back at all.

Any time we have a coach that is worse than Ty Willingham or Keith Gilbertson, not sure what you do but pack away all the Husky gear and wait until we are no longer a laughingstock again.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• I think it's beyond hilarious! Dome would talk down to everyone like he already knows the results and anyone who didn't agree was wrong.

Only to see what he told everyone was beyond genius, turn into a complete dumpster fire. I'm dying over here

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Allweatherfan
    NET Rookie

• Lake needs to be fired. Those who can see the writing the wall just know. He has about a 3% chance of ever winning the conference. So might as well just get the firing over with now.

Washington is not in rebuilding mode. This is supposed to be a good team. Petersen left a conference contender when he left. So if the team does need to be rebuilt, well that's a problem that Lake oversaw as well and should be held accountable for. There's no positive to spin this.

Looks like Mario Bailey is hinting that anyone who thinks Lake needs to be fired is racist. That's nice.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• We had this problem with Ty.

Any negative observations on the coach, that is clearly not producing adequately with the talent he has on the roster, is automatically racist.

It is petty, lazy, and vile to suggest that. Ty was a disgusting human being, so I get him doing that but Mario? Really disappointing.

Real racism is ugly and stupid. Accusing someone of that is insinuating a pretty significant flaw in their character.

I used to love watching Mario Bailey play but I've pretty much lost respect for the man with that comment.

There is zero excuse to lose to Montana at home.

The only way to recover from this is to go on a winning streak, and based on the quality of the assistant coaches and the playcalling (as well as personnel choices) - that is unlikely. All of those issues are flaws created by decisions by our current coach.

He was a decent coordinator from what I saw, and it seems like he did a good job bringing in NFL quality talent on the defense.

But if he cannot right the ship he has to go. And based on the decisions he already made and is making, there is little reason to expect he will right the ship.

There is significant reason to believe we will hear all kinds of excuses as to why he cannot, but excuses are for losers.

Win or GTFO.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• If he has another great year at Nevada, I think they should consider Jay Norvell as a replacement for Lake.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Have anyone on this forum actually met Dome?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Worst loss in program history, even considering they lost to a high school team in the 1900s.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40

No, ewu never beat Oregon. UW had a qb, but the locals wanted a local kid. He now starts at Fresno.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40

No, ewu never beat Oregon. UW had a qb, but the locals wanted a local kid. He now starts at Fresno.

Was it Oregon State that lost to EWU one year? I know it was either Oregon or Oregon State. lol UW is the 4th best team in the state
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40

Was it Oregon State that lost to EWU one year? I know it was either Oregon or Oregon State. lol UW is the 4th best team in the state

Behind who? I know WSU isn't better. Rolovich makes Lake look like a Rhodes Scholar.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

Behind who? I know WSU isn't better. Rolovich makes Lake look like a Rhodes Scholar.

WSU, EWU and Whitworth from what I'm seeing on the field so far this season. Don't knock my Pirates baby AAARRRRGG!!!! LOL
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• I think it's safe to say that some of you always have Dome on your mind, so much love, he has done a good job imprinting his persona on y'all.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• ArlosSpecial wrote:I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40

They have a blue chipper standing on the sideline named Sam Huard. Not starting him against Montana was beyond stupid.

He’s a freshman, but he can throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield, and do much better than the kid that was dirting balls and throwing picks to the other team. Football is a game of adjustments, good coaches make quick in game adjustments bad coaches don’t and stick with their game plan even though it’s obvious to everyone in the stadium it’s failing miserably.

Lake should have been fired after the Montana game, period, end of story!

It’s been fun listening to that gas bag Softy dance around the fact his good buddy is a crappy coach.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:

They have a blue chipper standing on the sideline named Sam Huard. Not starting him against Montana was beyond stupid.

He’s a freshman, but he can throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield, and do much better than the kid that was dirting balls and throwing picks to the other team. Football is a game of adjustments, good coaches make quick in game adjustments bad coaches don’t and stick with their game plan even though it’s obvious to everyone in the stadium it’s failing miserably.

Lake should have been fired after the Montana game, period, end of story!

It’s been fun listening to that gas bag Softy dance around the fact his good buddy is a crappy coach.

I thought Sam would start the season as the starter I was surprised when I saw Morris in the Montana Community College game
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• Oregon ain't bad this year I'm watching them take it to Ohio State right now. I don't think UW is as bad as we saw against Montana Forestry Academy but the Pac is the Ducks to lose this year. I'm a Wazzu fan and yes I know we stink but at least we can move the ball offensively
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• My brother thinks they are trying to preserve Huard's redshirt.

What they are doing is destroying any future recruiting classes.

You don't need to preserve redshirts, that is what the transfer portal is for.

You can get a good QB if you are a good team that needs a QB.

You cannot get a good team if you don't play your good QB though.

I wouldn't let Morris play QB at our family Thanksgiving football game.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Well, it’s looking like the wolverines are about to embarrass the Huskies even further.

If Dome hasn’t already “offed” himself, we can still hold onto our hopes that this may be the preverbal straw.

Right?

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• If Lake really is a bad coach, hope he doesn’t start Huard and luck his way into a winning season before they fire him.

Helton lasted six years because of two winning seasons featuring Sam Darnold.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• sc85sis wrote:If Lake really is a bad coach, hope he doesn’t start Huard and luck his way into a winning season before they fire him.

Helton lasted six years because of two winning seasons featuring Sam Darnold.

Problem is if they keep not playing Huard he’s going to transfer out and Lake will be fired regardless.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Utah QB just transferred, again. College is getting a bit crazy with the transfers now. Hard to build depth, especially at QB, when the first sign of a tough time guys just leave. Rather than sticking around and getting coached up.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• True, but there a lot of idiot college football coaches. I can think of 3 in state.
    2 D1 coaches, and 1 D3 coach that are flaming idiots.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• CPHawk wrote:

Jake Haener couldn't beat out Jake Browning. He left the program while Chris Petersen was HC.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Toothless is just worthless.

He starts to run, gets decent yardage and then slides about 4 yards short. Whatever.

If you cannot pass, at least TRY to run. But sliding is for people that can complete passes, if you can't freaking pass the ball (to your own team, not the other guys) then you need to lay out for the 1st even if it hurts.

What a p*ssy.

Just the worst QB to ever wear purple. Ack.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Just the worst QB to ever wear purple. Ack.

You're just ignoring Cyler Miles then?
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Miles was a better QB, just a terrible person.

And kind of a moron for getting into a fight with a fan IN Seattle for cheering for the Hawks because he was a Broncos fan. (No idea how much of DB the fan was being though...)

But as far as throwing the ball not into the other team's hands? Yeah I would rather have Miles than Toothless.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:If you cannot pass, at least TRY to run. But sliding is for people that can complete passes, if you can't freaking pass the ball (to your own team, not the other guys) then you need to lay out for the 1st even if it hurts.

What a p*ssy.

Just the worst QB to ever wear purple. Ack.

Exactly. A QB who can pass is worth sacrificing a couple yards to reduce the risk of injury.

When he runs, he needs to realize it's his chance to show he can do something valuable for the offense, and try to get as many yards as possible.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• If UW loses, it's a no-brainer to fire Lake first thing on Monday. In fact, I fully expect that to happen, and am going to be raging pissed if he is not.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Looks like Jimmy Lake’s coaching career is going to die on this Dylan Morris hill. Idiot!

It sucks the 3 football teams I root for 1 of the coach’s the league has passed him by, and the other 2 are flat out morons that can’t coach their way out of wet paper bags.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• He should still be fired. For the life of me, I don't understand why athletic directors struggle to see the writing on the wall that should be obvious to anyone paying attention to all the little things. Either that or they do notice but just don't want to admit they hired a $h!t coach, as if it's an ego thing.

The reality is simple... Lake has about 99% chance to fail. Why cling to that 1% miracle? What does prolonging accomplish?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Remember when UW fans thought Johnathan Smith was a bad coach. Turns out he might be the best HC in the conference
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Remember when UW fans thought Johnathan Smith was a bad coach. Turns out he might be the best HC in the conference

Yep. Jen needs to go.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Not sure I have seen a more worthless, useless player for Huskies in my life than Toothless.

Feel bad for the defense, they played a hell of a game for a half but without the offense doing anything - they were spent by mid 3rd.

Not Dylan's fault. It is the fault of the guy who thinks he can play Pac12 QB. He not only is the worth starter ever to step foot on the UW field, but he might be the worst of any of the backups. Never seen such a ridiculous p*ssy play at QB, the guy would be scared of a soap bubble.

Jimmy Lake is garbage. Maybe he feels a kinship with Morris because they are both terrible?

But if Huard cannot beat out Morris, then we need to hit the transfer window for a QB like Oregon did.

Because right now, Ive never seen anything like it. Even Ty Willingham could use the QBs he was given (somewhat). No rational coach would ever play Toothless willingly unless his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string QBs were dead.

(I might even take my chance with a fan in the stands at this point)

Jimmy Lake is garbage.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• As bad as the Dawgs are I actually didn't have them really competing until Huard starts next year permanently. Not sure what will happen with Lake but offensively a $h!t show and Oregon isn't all that dominant they're good but not really playoff worthy even if they win out
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:As bad as the Dawgs are I actually didn't have them really competing until Huard starts next year permanently. Not sure what will happen with Lake but offensively a $h!t show and Oregon isn't all that dominant they're good but not really playoff worthy even if they win out

Huard may transfer out after this year’s $h!t show, especially if Lake is still there.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Looks like Jimmy went full Woody Hayes on his own player.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• ArlosSpecial wrote:As bad as the Dawgs are I actually didn't have them really competing until Huard starts next year permanently. Not sure what will happen with Lake but offensively a $h!t show and Oregon isn't all that dominant they're good but not really playoff worthy even if they win out

Oregon is a legit QB short.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information