Someone check on DomeHawk, he might be on suicide watch.

getnasty

Reaction score
Losing recruits and losing to Montana. Dome has inside info that Jimmy Lake is the next Lou Hultz though so all is fine at UW.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Maybe that's the problem, Holtz has a screw loose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jimmy Lake was a moron for starting Morris and not pulling him. End of story.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dylan Morris is awful. The Huskies play Michigan next week. It’s going to be even uglier game than it was tonight. As long as Lake sticks with Morris, the Huskies aren’t going to be very good. I’ve seen blind mice throw passes with better touch and accuracy than Morris.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1bo2337l said:
Dylan Morris is awful. The Huskies play Michigan next week. It’s going to be even uglier game than it was tonight. As long as Lake sticks with Morris, the Huskies aren’t going to be very good. I’ve seen blind mice throw passes with better touch and accuracy than Morris.
I will not watch any more UW games that Morris is starting. A waste of time.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ty Willingham might be the worst Husky football coach I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. Tossup between him and Keith Gilbertson.

But this new guy, Lake, is clearly overmatched. Fantastic when he was a DC but clearly cannot pick coordinators.

You don't lose to Montana.

Even Ty freaking Willingham did not lose to San Jose St. (And neither did Keith Gilbertson, that I can recall.)

The other thing is our QB sucks. He makes Browning look like a gunslinger, as my brother pointed out. Can he even throw for more than 25 yards? ever?

This might be the worse loss in Husky football history, and that is saying something.

At home, against freaking Montana. We shouldn't even clamor to fire Lake right now.

He deserves to treated like Ben Simmons, and just mercilessly mocked and vilified for the rest of the year. There is no excuse for losing to Montana. None.

This is not something you can easily come back from, if you come back at all.

Any time we have a coach that is worse than Ty Willingham or Keith Gilbertson, not sure what you do but pack away all the Husky gear and wait until we are no longer a laughingstock again.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I think it's beyond hilarious! Dome would talk down to everyone like he already knows the results and anyone who didn't agree was wrong.

Only to see what he told everyone was beyond genius, turn into a complete dumpster fire. I'm dying over here

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Lake needs to be fired. Those who can see the writing the wall just know. He has about a 3% chance of ever winning the conference. So might as well just get the firing over with now.

Washington is not in rebuilding mode. This is supposed to be a good team. Petersen left a conference contender when he left. So if the team does need to be rebuilt, well that's a problem that Lake oversaw as well and should be held accountable for. There's no positive to spin this.

Looks like Mario Bailey is hinting that anyone who thinks Lake needs to be fired is racist. That's nice.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had this problem with Ty.

Any negative observations on the coach, that is clearly not producing adequately with the talent he has on the roster, is automatically racist.

It is petty, lazy, and vile to suggest that. Ty was a disgusting human being, so I get him doing that but Mario? Really disappointing.

Real racism is ugly and stupid. Accusing someone of that is insinuating a pretty significant flaw in their character.

I used to love watching Mario Bailey play but I've pretty much lost respect for the man with that comment.

There is zero excuse to lose to Montana at home.

The only way to recover from this is to go on a winning streak, and based on the quality of the assistant coaches and the playcalling (as well as personnel choices) - that is unlikely. All of those issues are flaws created by decisions by our current coach.

He was a decent coordinator from what I saw, and it seems like he did a good job bringing in NFL quality talent on the defense.

But if he cannot right the ship he has to go. And based on the decisions he already made and is making, there is little reason to expect he will right the ship.

There is significant reason to believe we will hear all kinds of excuses as to why he cannot, but excuses are for losers.

Win or GTFO.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If he has another great year at Nevada, I think they should consider Jay Norvell as a replacement for Lake.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Chris Petersen seems to be around UW in some capacity. https://www.washington.edu/news/202...-leadership-at-uws-foster-school-of-business/

I wonder if he could be convinced to come back to coach and replace Lake. Some are better coordinators than HC and Lake seems to be that type from what I've seen so far. The program seems to be going in the tank recruiting wise as well. Petersen had 4 decommits total in his tenure at UW. Lake got that amount in one recreuting class.

toffee

Reaction score
Have anyone on this forum actually met Dome?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
Worst loss in program history, even considering they lost to a high school team in the 1900s.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40

CPHawk

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":23g2u079 said:
I can't criticize a kid but Jimmy Lake has got to have someone that can throw better than Morris. I don't know what that was but there's high school quarterbacks here in Spokane that would put Morris to shame. I get Montana being good but a P5 should never lose to an FCS school. I think EWU beat Oregon one year it happens but this Husky team looked beyond pathetic. Michigan by 40

No, ewu never beat Oregon. UW had a qb, but the locals wanted a local kid. He now starts at Fresno.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
CPHawk":f73w73n0 said:
ArlosSpecial":f73w73n0 said:

No, ewu never beat Oregon. UW had a qb, but the locals wanted a local kid. He now starts at Fresno.
Was it Oregon State that lost to EWU one year? I know it was either Oregon or Oregon State. lol UW is the 4th best team in the state

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2qyioxm3 said:
CPHawk":2qyioxm3 said:
ArlosSpecial":2qyioxm3 said:

Was it Oregon State that lost to EWU one year? I know it was either Oregon or Oregon State. lol UW is the 4th best team in the state

Behind who? I know WSU isn't better. Rolovich makes Lake look like a Rhodes Scholar.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Maulbert":dlfknwql said:
ArlosSpecial":dlfknwql said:
CPHawk":dlfknwql said:
ArlosSpecial":dlfknwql said:

Behind who? I know WSU isn't better. Rolovich makes Lake look like a Rhodes Scholar.
WSU, EWU and Whitworth from what I'm seeing on the field so far this season. Don't knock my Pirates baby AAARRRRGG!!!! LOL