UW Football

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Other than not being a freshman, what has Dylan Morris done to earn the right to be starting QB at the UW???
You have a blue chip prospect holding a clipboard. Is Jimmy Lake trying to get fired?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is hilarious.

He looks like a baby bird out there. Never seen such a fragile-looking and scared QB playing as a starter at UW ever.

Even that poor kid that went down as 'the worst UW QB ever' (under Keith Gilbertson) had more guts and heart than this guy. I actually think that Morris will end up taking the title from that poor kid, who never really deserved it.

My nickname for Morris is 'Toothless' because he looks like a baby animal out there and is no threat to anyone.

The funny part is, I remember it was 3rd and 10 on one drive. I remember thinking to myself 'Can Toothless even complete a 10 yard pass? How are we supposed to convert this?'

It is just hilarious.

I have never seen anything like it. The middle school kids that carry bags for team can complete a 10 yard pass but he cannot. His only play is toss it to Otton and hope Otton breaks 3 tackles for a 1st down.

Maybe he will shake it off but this is the worst QB I can remember in all my time watching Husky football. Even those kids under Ty looked better than this.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":125bezgq said:
This is hilarious.

He looks like a baby bird out there. Never seen such a fragile-looking and scared QB playing as a starter at UW ever.

Even that poor kid that went down as 'the worst UW QB ever' (under Keith Gilbertson) had more guts and heart than this guy. I actually think that Morris will end up taking the title from that poor kid, who never really deserved it.

My nickname for Morris is 'Toothless' because he looks like a baby animal out there and is no threat to anyone.

The funny part is, I remember it was 3rd and 10 on one drive. I remember thinking to myself 'Can Toothless even complete a 10 yard pass? How are we supposed to convert this?'

It is just hilarious.

I have never seen anything like it. The middle school kids that carry bags for team can complete a 10 yard pass but he cannot. His only play is toss it to Otton and hope Otton breaks 3 tackles for a 1st down.

Maybe he will shake it off but this is the worst QB I can remember in all my time watching Husky football. Even those kids under Ty looked better than this.
If we can see this why can’t the coaches? Put Huard in. It can’t be worse.
All of this “experience” Morris has isn’t doing him any good.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Not showing a lot of sportsmanship on Michigan’s part. Running up the score like that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They are trying to keep Huard's redshirt.

Nevermind they bomb a season 'preserving a redshirt' and they decimate recruiting...hamstringing our team for the next 2-3 years.

Burn the redshirt and when you need a good QB, go to the transfer portal.

Can we get guys out of the transfer portal now? I will take anyone.

Can we even beat Arkansas State with this guy?

Toothless isn't accurate, he holds the ball, plays scared, throws interceptions, and does not look like he can throw the ball accurately over 10 yds consistently.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Huard sits on the bench much longer I wouldn't be surprised if he opts out and puts his name in the transfer portal.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I've watched a lot of UW football in my time dating back to Sixkiller and Moon. I don't recall Washington ever having quarterback issues. Jimmy Lake needs to go crawl under a rock

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Jimmy Joke's teams remind me of Gilby's teams. No discipline. Stupid decisions. Poor execution. Missed assignments.

I like the defensive energy, but it makes a lot of mistakes, and that was a mind-numbingly stupid taunting penalty. Will chalk it up to them being exhausted because the offense is worthless.

But this new guy is over his head, incompetent, and a terrible mix of the worst of Ty & Gilby in one horrifying mix.

I gave him some leeway last year because I chalked it up to Covid. Nope. He is just overmatched and nowhere near a top of the league type of coach. Not just not Top 25. Not even top half of something like the Pac-12.

Ack.

This is going to be ugly until he is fired and I don't see him getting fired for a while, unfortunately.

If we lose to Arkansas State, this could be a winless team this year. That is crazy to contemplate because it is completely possible.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Actually, if we go winless, we might be able to get rid of him quickly.

My concern is that he hangs around like a disease, like Ty did. It took YEARS to recover from what Ty did to this team and it was only because we got Rick N, who was an incredible recruiter.

If you cannot beat a team that can only throw for 40 yds against you - you can pretty much lose to anyone.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
What’s his excuse for not starting Huard? Also what did Morris do to earn the starting job, because his in game performance (which should count more than what’s done in practice) has been abysmal.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Toothless had good stats in HS. But anyone that watched him noticed it was his WR not him.

On top of that, he is a p*ssy. Once the pressure was off him because they were so far down, then he started completing passes. It wasn't just completing passes against a more loose D, that was him unshrinking because Toothless had no pressure on him.

This guy couldn't start for one of those old Oregon State teams. I have no idea why he is playing for UW, a team that even when it SUCKED, had pretty good QBs.

We have a long tradition of good to great QBs. Toothless just offset that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Arizona is so bad, UW should be able to drop 21 on them.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't see the point in starting Huard. The offense has so many problems and the season is already gone. Save another season for Huard for what will hopefully be for a component coaching staff and appropriate offensive scheme.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Having John Donovan as the OC doesn’t help either. Donovan was canned from Penn St due questionable play calling. Seeing the offense, or lack thereof, is evidence enough he’s not helping the situation. Another brilliant decision by Lake.

cheese22

Reaction score
If Oregon can bounce back from fast Willy Taggart, then Washington can do it, too. It just might take a couple more years since there aren't any Mario Cristobal's looking for jobs. Oh well. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wake me when Jimmy Lake and his staff are fired. Until then I’m not wasting anymore time to watch that clown show.
I got better things to do then to watch Morris thrown dirt balls and interceptions while a blue chip prospect is holding a clipboard for some unknown reason. Tired of the” coachspeak” and excuses. If Jen Cowen and Jimmy Lake had any integrity they’d both resign effective immediately.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1m8vlfpq said:
Wake me when Jimmy Lake and his staff are fired. Until then I’m not wasting anymore time to watch that clown show.
I got better things to do then to watch Morris thrown dirt balls and interceptions while a blue chip prospect is holding a clipboard for some unknown reason. Tired of the” coachspeak” and excuses. If Jen Cowen and Jimmy Lake had any integrity they’d both resign effective immediately.

Have we reached Neuheisel Hedges level yet?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jimmy Lake will get the axe if he loses the next game for sure.

You can’t go 0-3 and lose to programs like Montana and Arkansas State…

No offense at all for UW.

Being a UW alumnus, I was at UW when they went winless…that season was baddddd but this year doesn’t look that much better.

That Huard kid needs to play and right now cause there’s no offense at all….

Might as well get on the phone and call Doug Pederson and maybe he can be the next UW coach cause Jimmy Lake ain’t it…