Who do you want for the next UW football coach?

toffee

Reaction score
Pete Carroll, he would be perfect.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TreeRon

Reaction score
Dave Clawson but that ain't happening as Wake just signed him long term. He'd have been a great fit.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Some of the names I've seen mentioned most often as potential hires are Matt Campbell, Kalen DeBoer, and Jay Norvell.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ggrkn00 said:
Some of the names I've seen mentioned most often as potential hires are Matt Campbell, Kalen DeBoer, and Jay Norvell.
I know nothing of those guys, are any intriguing or a good hire in your opinion or are the UW shooting too low?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":lx2qiy58 said:
SeatownJay":lx2qiy58 said:
I know nothing of those guys, are any intriguing or a good hire in your opinion or are the UW shooting too low?
Matt Campbell is the current head coach at Iowa State, DeBoer is at Fresno State, and Norvell is at Nevada. All three are offensive-minded coaches who have had recent success at their current schools.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":9brzdjeg said:
Sports Hernia":9brzdjeg said:
SeatownJay":9brzdjeg said:
Matt Campbell is the current head coach at Iowa State, DeBoer is at Fresno State, and Norvell is at Nevada. All three are offensive-minded coaches who have had recent success at their current schools.
Cool, thanks for the info. Rumor has it they are going to announce the hire tomorrow. I think hiring an “offensive mind” is the right way to go for head coach.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
One of the names I’ve heard, and I think might work is Kelani Sitaki from BYU. Seems like a solid guy and might be able to pull some top talent from the Pacific Islander pool. He has coached against big opponents and groomed some top talent. He might not be the big name but he interests me just as much as Cambell or Deboer.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":20j2uqm6 said:
One of the names I’ve heard, and I think might work is Kelani Sitaki from BYU. Seems like a solid guy and might be able to pull some top talent from the Pacific Islander pool. He has coached against big opponents and groomed some top talent. He might not be the big name but he interests me just as much as Cambell or Deboer.
Sounds like it’s Deboer.
Don’t know if that’s a good hire or bad hire as I know nothing about him.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":z8965gpf said:
I'm fine with DeBoer. The key will be who he hires as his assistants.
So true, don’t want another Donovan type fiasco .