Cougar fans, gloat here over Apple Cup beat-down of Dawgs

olyfan63

Reaction score
That was rare and unprecedented to see the Cougs come into Seattle and destroy the Huskies. Usually the Dawgs have superior athletes and bigger, stronger lines, and out-physical the Cougs.

That Cougar defense was very impressive, didn't get manhandled like usual by the Husky O-line and run game. Or was the UW offense just that bad?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
olyfan63":13pta1aj said:
That was rare and unprecedented to see the Cougs come into Seattle and destroy the Huskies. Usually the Dawgs have superior athletes and bigger, stronger lines, and out-physical the Cougs.

That Cougar defense was very impressive, didn't get manhandled like usual by the Husky O-line and run game. Or was the UW offense just that bad?
Not trying to take anything away from the Cougs as they dominated but….
UW offense is that bad, Jimmy Lake was an abysmal failure as a head coach and recruiter.
Should have left him at DB’s coach where he excelled.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was just such a shock to see the WSU defense dominating the UW offense. I mean, this is the couple-seasons-removed Cougar defense inherited from Mike Leach, where I recall WSU losing 67-63 to UCLA. I haven't really followed the Cougs since Leach left; I just figured they'd be boring and lose a lot. So this season's been a shocker to see them winning so much while playing well on D.

Usual script is UW manhandles the Cougar defense, Huskies rush for 200+, even 300+ yards, and Cougars move the ball up and down the field, but turn the ball over multiple times, and lose by 2 scores or more. A total flip of the script this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Only took them 8 tries to finally win an Apple Cup. Against one of the worst teams in the Nation :roll:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Usually people celebrate when beating a team that's actually good. If you want to make fun of UW, that makes sense. They sucked this year and deserve it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just as the Poogs deserve it year after year of average seasons and the annual losing in the Apple Cup.