Wilson Trade/Draft scenarios

Own The West

Reaction score
Assuming a RW trade to the Broncos, Giants, or Saints as outlined here:

https://sportsnaut.com/russell-wilson-trade-destinations-seahawks-rebuild/

A) Denver: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 second-round pick (via Rams) 2023 first-round pick, cornerback Ronald Darby, quarterback Drew Lock

B) New Orleans Saints trade: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 third-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, Marshon Lattimore

C) New York Giants trade: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 first-round pick (via Bears), Daniel Jones, Will Hernandez

Which would you take and how would you use return capital?

Rules:
1) Stick with the assumption that a trade happens as described above.
2) No ranting. Play along or do not play.

OP
OP
Own The West

Own The West

Reaction score
I'd go with NYG:
Pick 1(5): OT Evan Neal
Pick 1(8): CB Sauce Gardner

LT Neal
LG Hernandez
C Lewis
RG Jackson
RT Curhan

QB Daniel Jones
+ ton of cap dollars

toffee

Reaction score
Own The West":3ov6qwuy said:
I'd go with NYG:
Pick 1(5): OT Evan Neal
Pick 1(8): CB Sauce Gardner

LT Neal
LG Hernandez
C Lewis
RG Jackson
RT Curhan

QB Daniel Jones
+ ton of cap dollars

Not at all sure that Hernandez should be our starting guard.

getnasty

Reaction score
Own The West":28mmujcn said:

A) Denver: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 second-round pick (via Rams) 2023 first-round pick, cornerback Ronald Darby, quarterback Drew Lock

B) New Orleans Saints trade: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 third-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, Marshon Lattimore

C) New York Giants trade: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 first-round pick (via Bears), Daniel Jones, Will Hernandez

Rules:

I'd swap Hernandez for Andrew Thomas in the Giants scenario.

toffee

Reaction score
getnasty":o1y8eyk8 said:
Own The West":o1y8eyk8 said:

Rules:

I'd swap Hernandez for Andrew Thomas in the Giants scenario.

Not at all sure about Daniel Jones' ability as a game manager, but definitely not an elite game manager.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Giants. But remove Jones and Hernandez, and add more picks or players worth trading for. Thomas, Toney, Bradberry, Lawrence, Ojulari are the quality of players that might move the needle on a Russell Wilson trade.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Giants definitely but throw in another 1st rounder, 2nd rounder. Take Jones....He may be a good stopgap w a supporting cast around him. Take Hernandez off.

nwHawk

Reaction score
quote="Own The West"]Assuming a RW trade to the Broncos, Giants, or Saints as outlined here:

Rules:
2) No ranting. Play along or do not play.[/quote]

Will Hernandez is a free agent after this season so I don’t see why they included him in that offer. Daniel Jones hasn’t lived up to his draft slot, but NY is rough on QBs so who knows if he can move past it and resurrect his career. Doubtful, and their offer is pick light.

I’d be tempted to pick the Giants offer since 2 top ten picks is very nice, but this draft may not be as good as the past couple, and Jones looks like a waste of $8 million dollars. With that in Denver is a mess. They are looking at possibly changing ownership, losing Elway, new head coach, on and on. That 2023 1st pick should be another top 12 pick. So, I’ll go with the Denver offer. The quantity of picks is decent. Lock needs a lot of work and if he sucks will only cost $2 million. I think Seattle has better receivers than Denver. He looks like a McVay / Waldron type QB.

Sean McVay’s quarterback friendly offense would suit Lock well, and he could benefit from a steady reliance on the running game to open up shots down the field. https://www.turfshowtimes.com/platform/ ... oncos-2022

With Denver’s pick I’d look at with LT Charlie Cross or LB Devin Lloyd. I’d be tempted to draft Ikem Ekwonu and plug him in at LG. Damien Lewis just doesn’t fit on the left side. Move Lewis back to the right side or center. Long term he should fit better at either of those two positions. Another option would be QB Carson Strong, but his predraft workouts will dictate his draft slot.

Use the combination of the their 2nd round picks to upgrade the pass rush, both 3-tech DT and DE, along with another running back.

With a ton of cap space this team needs to strengthen from the core (trenches) out. It really needs a true stud DT and better linebacker depth. I’d also inquire about trading for Gardner Minshew. Feels like he’s a good blend between what Waldron and Pete want. If nothing else, he’s a solid bridge until the 2023 draft.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You know, I hear a lot of people saying this draft class isn't so great. With that being said, we could trade any (1) first round picks this year for a 1st, 2nd, and 4th next draft...especially if it's a high 1st round this year. Kind of like trading a cheeseburger this year for a lobster dinner next year, IF we trade Wilson.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Wilson isn't getting traded. Never going to happen.

Chawker

Reaction score
This is a tuff one, I'll say A only because the bronco are a AFC team. I wouldn't count out Philly or the jets in a Wilson trade just because of there draft capital.

Russ isn't going to be trraded.

Spohawks

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2exoaw65 said:
You know, I hear a lot of people saying this draft class isn't so great. With that being said, we could trade any (1) first round picks this year for a 1st, 2nd, and 4th next draft...especially if it's a high 1st round this year. Kind of like trading a cheeseburger this year for a lobster dinner next year, IF we trade Wilson.
I would be okay with this, that would be a fat draft that could spark a change!