Good chance we draft Robert Woods?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Id like to think so. The guy looks good but hes not an elite specimen so probably a good chance he'll be available to us at pick 32

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing Woods goes early 2nd when it's all said and done. He reminds me a tiny bit of Damian Williams, also from USC back a few years ago. I was a huge fan of Damian Williams- still am. He ran great routes and caught everything you threw at him.

Anyway, Damian Williams got some talk as a late 1st round pick but ultimately went in the 3rd round. I see Woods as being a similar case- he just won't slide as far. Late 1st or early 2nd is where I'd guess he'd go.

Now, should Seattle draft him? Because if we draft a WR in the first couple rounds, he'd need to replace Rice, Tate, or Baldwin. I guess I could see Woods being an upgrade over Tate or Baldwin, but not by a ton. I get the sense that if Seattle does take a WR, it will be a player type that they don't have on the roster yet. Woods is kind of like a taller Doug Baldwin, and WSU's Wilson is kind of like a skinnier version of Sidney Rice.

That's why I kind of lean towards Tavon Austin, my "spidey sense" tingles big time when I watch him play- the same kind of vibe I got last year from Irvin and Wilson. Something about him just seems to fit this team's philosophy, even if I can't explain it yet. He's also the one WR in this draft that gives Seattle something they don't already have. Part of it is probably because Austin will slide in the draft because of size concerns, and this FO has been very "moneyball" at snagging players at value due to size concerns, both big and small.

SE174

Reaction score
Marquess Wilson is a whiny bitch with overrated hands. I hope Pete and John want nothing to do with him.

cover-2

Reaction score
kearly":1tk2ubys said:
That's why I kind of lean towards Tavon Austin, my "spidey sense" tingles big time when I watch him play- the same kind of vibe I got last year from Irvin and Wilson. Something about him just seems to fit this team's philosophy, even if I can't explain it yet. He's also the one WR in this draft that gives Seattle something they don't already have. Part of it is probably because Austin will slide in the draft because of size concerns, and this FO has been very "moneyball" at snagging players at value due to size concerns, both big and small.

Would you really consider using a 1st round pick on Austin? I for one would be hugely disappointed if we drafted him in the 1st or even 2nd round. I just don't like the thought of have three short WR's (Tate, Baldwin, & Austin) for Wilson to throw to. Austin reminds me a lot of Kansas City Chiefs WR/KR/PR Dexter McCluster. McCluster has not exactly lit the NFL world on fire, looking at his stats I'm sure he has been a disappointment considering he was a 2nd round pick.

skater18000

Reaction score
Anybody out their really wanting tavon Austin In the first round? that Is idiotic...

Id rather add DAT (deanthony thomas) when this team is on its feet and consistant... if we got 10 - 6 as expected this year draft robert woods then add deathony next year sidney doug and tate are all we need

robert woods seems like sidney rice all over Again because he will come here and hes not gonna get the targets UNLESS... WE DITCH THE RUN RUN PASS ON 3 AND 4 OR LONGER METHOD and open the shit up for once god i hate that

Go hawks

msdb5

Reaction score
I am not 100% but I believe he has one more year before he can come out for the draft.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Robert is a junior this year and will be draft eligible after this season. Marqise Lee is a sophomore, so he's probably the one you're thinking of.