Future Seahawks TE: UCONN TE Ryan Griffin

cover-2

Reaction score
I have been watching some of the top rated TE for the 2013 draft and a guy that may be flying under the radar is University of Connecticut TE Ryan Griffin. He is 6-6 247 lbs with good speed & hands. He is averaging over 17 yards per reception. Griffin is a good blocker, which is kind of hard to find in this era of college football. He lines up all over, split out wide, in-line as a blocker, and H-back. He could be a viable option for the Seahawks in the 2nd or 3rd round. UCONN plays Friday night and is a guy to keep an eye on.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Cool man. Thanks for sharing.

I'll be keeping an eye on tightends up until the draft. This team needs to add an extra couple weapons on offense. The wide receiver spot will hopefully get addressed, but an upgrade to the tight end spot could make a big impact as well.

We've run double/triple TE in some games 40% of the time. That's a lot of snaps for the backup TE position, and while I like McCoy, adding a playmaker at the #2 TE spot in rounds 2-3 could make a huge difference on offense. Maybe more than drafting a second-tier receiver in those same rounds.