Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot names for the new OC

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 am
  • I’m not getting excited just yet. It’s most likely going to be Canales or Austin Davis. Pete wants a ‘Yessa Massa’ as his OC who follows all of his commands. Any deviation and they’re fired.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 am
  • Doesn't matter who they bring in, Pete will force his philosophy on them and it'll be more of the same. Schotty was not the problem IMO...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4765
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:34 am
  • It is pretty sad that we’re about to roll out our 4th OC since Pete got here. That wouldn’t sound so bad if some of them went on to get promoted. But they ALL got canned. Please get it right this time!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1753
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:08 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Fade wrote:I'm betting Darrell Bevell. I will be actually shocked if it isn't him.

    Image

    That’s me in the picture if it is “he who’s name I won’t say”.


    Ahhh come on man!! Maybe you guys can Veto management to not pardon SiouxHawk to make it an easier transition for you?? :snack:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7283
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:I’m not getting excited just yet. It’s most likely going to be Canales or Austin Davis. Pete wants a ‘Yessa Massa’ as his OC who follows all of his commands. Any deviation and they’re fired.


    Pete meddles, sure, but he doesn't necessarily micromanage. He's not the playcaller. Schotty drew up his own route tree and passing concepts, and called them how he pleased for the most part.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm
  • How would y'all feel about Mike McDaniel? San Francisco's run-game coordinator. That's a hire I'd love to see.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:31 pm
  • It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

    What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

    Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

    Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

    Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

    It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

    I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

    Who would want that?
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1740
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

    What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

    Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

    Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

    Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

    It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

    I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

    Who would want that?


    I think you're underestimating Brian Schottenheimer's control over the offense. He was still the playcaller, drew up his own scheme with his own terminology and his own passing concepts, and called them as he wished outside of particular situations where Pete would issue a directive.

    It's not like Pete is calling the plays himself.

    As far as who would want the job? Probably quite a few guys. Brian Schottenheimer, a generally unimpressive coach throughout his career, was getting head coach buzz before it fell apart this year.

    We act as if this is abnormal. Coordinators rarely get absolute full control of half the team without being given some form of direction from the head coach.

    Schottenheimer would still be here if he would've picked up on the fact that Russ can't read stick or mesh or any other short pattern quickly enough and adjusted, but he didn't. That's all him.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:18 pm
  • Steichen or Anthony Lynn
    Gio
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:17 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 pm
  • Ty Willingham
    Rick Neuheisel
    Tom Cable
    Freddie Kitchens
    Jim Tomsula
    Ryan Leaf
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 557
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:41 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:23 pm
  • Gio wrote:Steichen or Anthony Lynn


    Lynn would actually be a good hire, so take him out.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 557
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:41 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:54 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

    What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

    Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

    Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

    Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

    It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

    I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

    Who would want that?


    I think you're underestimating Brian Schottenheimer's control over the offense. He was still the playcaller, drew up his own scheme with his own terminology and his own passing concepts, and called them as he wished outside of particular situations where Pete would issue a directive.

    It's not like Pete is calling the plays himself.

    As far as who would want the job? Probably quite a few guys. Brian Schottenheimer, a generally unimpressive coach throughout his career, was getting head coach buzz before it fell apart this year.

    We act as if this is abnormal. Coordinators rarely get absolute full control of half the team without being given some form of direction from the head coach.

    Schottenheimer would still be here if he would've picked up on the fact that Russ can't read stick or mesh or any other short pattern quickly enough and adjusted, but he didn't. That's all him.

    But do we actually know it was Schotty that did not pick up on Russ’ inabilities to execute the short throws?
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1740
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

    What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

    Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

    Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

    Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

    It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

    I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

    Who would want that?


    I think you're underestimating Brian Schottenheimer's control over the offense. He was still the playcaller, drew up his own scheme with his own terminology and his own passing concepts, and called them as he wished outside of particular situations where Pete would issue a directive.

    It's not like Pete is calling the plays himself.

    As far as who would want the job? Probably quite a few guys. Brian Schottenheimer, a generally unimpressive coach throughout his career, was getting head coach buzz before it fell apart this year.

    We act as if this is abnormal. Coordinators rarely get absolute full control of half the team without being given some form of direction from the head coach.

    Schottenheimer would still be here if he would've picked up on the fact that Russ can't read stick or mesh or any other short pattern quickly enough and adjusted, but he didn't. That's all him.

    But do we actually know it was Schotty that did not pick up on Russ’ inabilities to execute the short throws?


    Seeing as he's the playcaller and he also brought a whole new passing scheme to Seattle with him... I think its fairly safe to say it was primarily on him
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:18 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

    What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

    Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

    Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

    Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

    It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

    I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

    Who would want that?


    I think you're underestimating Brian Schottenheimer's control over the offense. He was still the playcaller, drew up his own scheme with his own terminology and his own passing concepts, and called them as he wished outside of particular situations where Pete would issue a directive.

    It's not like Pete is calling the plays himself.

    As far as who would want the job? Probably quite a few guys. Brian Schottenheimer, a generally unimpressive coach throughout his career, was getting head coach buzz before it fell apart this year.

    We act as if this is abnormal. Coordinators rarely get absolute full control of half the team without being given some form of direction from the head coach.

    Schottenheimer would still be here if he would've picked up on the fact that Russ can't read stick or mesh or any other short pattern quickly enough and adjusted, but he didn't. That's all him.

    But do we actually know it was Schotty that did not pick up on Russ’ inabilities to execute the short throws?


    Seeing as he's the playcaller and he also brought a whole new passing scheme to Seattle with him... I think its fairly safe to say it was primarily on him

    Well, whoever is next. I hope it works.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1740
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:22 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    massari wrote:If PC is actually the problem, why doesn't Wilson use his power to change it? Got to believe ownership views Wilson above PC on the hierarchy.


    You can't be serious?

    Pete Carroll is the executive vice president of football operations and the head coach of the Seahawks.

    Russell Wilson is unquestionably the most important player on the team, but he's ultimately "just" a player.

    I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that ownership views Wilson above Carroll on the hierarchy. I'm not sure there even is anyone above Carroll on the hierarchy other than Jody Allen.

    "On the morning of January 9, 2010, Carroll reportedly came to agreement with the Seahawks on a 5-year contract that would appoint him as head coach. He was officially hired as the Seahawks' head coach on January 11. He was also named executive vice president of football operations, effectively making him the Seahawks' general manager as well. While the Seahawks have a general manager in John Schneider, he serves mainly in an advisory role to Carroll, who has the final say in football matters. He is one of three coaches who also has the powers of general manager, along with New England's Bill Belichick and Washington's Ron Rivera."

    Marketable Hall of fame QB in his prime vs replaceable 70 year old.

    Image
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1694
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 am
  • ducks41468 wrote:
    Gio wrote:Steichen or Anthony Lynn


    Lynn would actually be a good hire, so take him out.


    How would Lynn be a good hire? Did you see Chargers games this year? He makes Pete Carroll look master class when it comes to in game decision making / time management. That would be an absolute cluster pairing him up with Pete. Steichen, Pep, McDaniel or McFleur would be my preferences....but watch it be Austin Davis
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:46 am
  • "Seeing as he's the playcaller and he also brought a whole new passing scheme to Seattle with him... I think its fairly safe to say it was primarily on him"
    I tend to agree with that view. Russ can throw short. He's just doing what he's been advised/coached to do according to the game plan and calling the plays that are sent in to him.
    I think we'd have been better off had Russ been calling his own plays according to his feel of the game.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1957
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:11 am
  • Josina Anderson reporting interest in Clemson OC/RB coach Tony Elliot. No idea if she has a real knowledge of this but that is something I could get behind. Need a guy to bring in college designs that scheme players open, not just hope they can win 1 on 1. Also Clemson's run game has been terrific.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5818
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:17 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Josina Anderson reporting interest in Clemson OC/RB coach Tony Elliot. No idea if she has a real knowledge of this but that is something I could get behind. Need a guy to bring in college designs that scheme players open, not just hope they can win 1 on 1. Also Clemson's run game has been terrific.
    This would be an exciting hiring for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1753
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am
  • James in PA wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Josina Anderson reporting interest in Clemson OC/RB coach Tony Elliot. No idea if she has a real knowledge of this but that is something I could get behind. Need a guy to bring in college designs that scheme players open, not just hope they can win 1 on 1. Also Clemson's run game has been terrific.
    This would be an exciting hiring for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    I said this last time before we hired Schotty, I'd love to see one of the big collge OC's hired. Seems like a no brainer with Russell's skill set.

    Too bad Sark already took the Texas job, perfect fit and history with Pete.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18353
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    James in PA wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Josina Anderson reporting interest in Clemson OC/RB coach Tony Elliot. No idea if she has a real knowledge of this but that is something I could get behind. Need a guy to bring in college designs that scheme players open, not just hope they can win 1 on 1. Also Clemson's run game has been terrific.
    This would be an exciting hiring for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    I said this last time before we hired Schotty, I'd love to see one of the big collge OC's hired. Seems like a no brainer with Russell's skill set.

    Too bad Sark already took the Texas job, perfect fit and history with Pete.


    Well Kliff Kingsbury had just hired on at SC before going to the Cardinals.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 pm
  • Pete doesn't mind an explosive offense... he just wants one that can stay on the field. The second half of the season there were too many instances of playcalling that took our offense off the field. The running game was aided only by Wilson's ability to scramble and make running gains with his feet.

    Pete wants someone who is in line with his way of thinking...that's why a head coach is the head coach. If an OC has their own philosophy and doesn't jive with the HC, why WOULD they stay in that job?

    While I think certain facets of the game might be passing Pete by, I think his biggest issues this year (clock management) was a result of his relationship with his OC. Plus, having Shotty in the booth and not on the sidelines hurt that, as well.

    Pete will hire someone who wants to implement more of the power running game, which will open up the passing attack and so Russ will see LESS 2 high safeties on D.

    That's important to the passing game, and to draining the clock. We can STILL win by 30 points, we just have to be able to get first downs on the ground.

    Just my two pennies worth.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 823
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:52 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm


  • Russ is making it known: he needs to have a voice in choosing the next coordinator with Carroll.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 pm


  • I gotta say, my initial reaction is to disagree with Russ on this one. I think he would benefit from a better run game more than he thinks, but I'm not the expert and I'm not inclined to argue with Russ about himself. My ideal vision for the offense would be the Browns - with a slightly less good rush game and a significantly better quarterback.

    There's a middle ground to be had, and I think the overall split in run/pass in that middle ground will be similar to 2020... but like, not as ineptly schemed. If they're gonna keep slingin' it, they need to hire a guy whose on-board with Solari too, those passing lanes need to be opened for Russ, and it isn't gonna work if their gaps keep getting blown apart.

    EDIT: Russ also wants to make it clear there hasn't necessarily been any contention between him and Carroll - just emphasizing that they need to stay on the same page going forward.

    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:37 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:

    Russ is making it known: he needs to have a voice in choosing the next coordinator with Carroll.


    Refreshing to see. This is his power move or he'll request a trade...a la DeShawn Watson
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm
  • Who would deshaun Watson like us to pick? Younger, cheaper and he will actually run the ball occasionally. That stopped with RW long ago except on rare occasions.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 630
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:20 pm


  • Encouraging to hear Russ talk more about opening the middle of the field and getting the ball out sooner. I'd have to guess this points to some of the film guys being right about the middle of the field being taken away by defenses clogging his throwing lanes, and hints to him knowing the ball is simply being held for too long.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:

    Encouraging to hear Russ talk more about opening the middle of the field and getting the ball out sooner. I'd have to guess this points to some of the film guys being right about the middle of the field being taken away by defenses clogging his throwing lanes, and hints to him knowing the ball is simply being held for too long.


    Yep and exactly what Pete doesn't like to do, or wants to do at the wrong time, like only when behind, not to get ahead.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34523
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:20 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Josina Anderson reporting interest in Clemson OC/RB coach Tony Elliot. No idea if she has a real knowledge of this but that is something I could get behind. Need a guy to bring in college designs that scheme players open, not just hope they can win 1 on 1. Also Clemson's run game has been terrific.

    I could get behind this as long as Carroll does in fact realize his inept tomfoolery offensive stale game plan has got to stop. Then again, stop altogether, may be too much to ask. Subside. I guess I’ll take a decrease in Carroll’s tomfoolery.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1740
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:48 am
  • TreeRon wrote:Geo. W Bush called plays for the Skins once in awhile. I heard he can draw some great plays.

    Thought that was Nixon, not Bush.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3847
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 am
  • Heres a good one Jim Harbaugh. LOL

    Sark did get the job at Texas.
    Last edited by Chawker on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3147
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 am


  • Anthony Lynn + Pete Carroll in game decision making and time management is a lethal combination [/sarcasm]
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 am
  • Not a fan of Lynn. Nothing close to being creative. I think there are better options out there.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 828
    Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:59 am
  • zchurch74 wrote:Not a fan of Lynn. Nothing close to being creative. I think there are better options out there.


    Your description fits the stereotypical Pete Carroll OC.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:11 am
  • Missing the target with many of these names. Pete wants 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense, not prolific high powered offense. That is why I think Field Gulls is on the right track and saying Anthony Lynn will be in the running, if he wants to return to be a coordinator.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:18 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:Geo. W Bush called plays for the Skins once in awhile. I heard he can draw some great plays.

    Thought that was Nixon, not Bush.



    You missed it.. think he was referencing Bush's Play drawings.. (which are really really good) Google it.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2979
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:20 am
  • Lynn may wait till HC Coaching Carousel is done before committing to a OC.

    But yes he is a perfect Pete Pick, he is well liked and Herbert did pretty well under him.

    Checks all the boxes there.

    Sorry Fantasy guys, better choose another teams players, this will be boring and predictable going forward.

    Look for Wilson to average 200 or so a game in passing.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34523
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:21 am
  • Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.
    Momofantv
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 66
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:34 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:05 am
  • Momofantv wrote:Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.


    Tell me the last time we had a top 10 pick at QB that panned out?


    I will wait. I may be in the Ground when you find one, but will wait.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34523
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 pm
  • ducks41468 wrote:
    Gio wrote:Steichen or Anthony Lynn


    Lynn would actually be a good hire, so take him out.



    Saw a tweet saying he has talked to Pete about the job. The chargers O was pretty good this year, and he likes to run the ball if the RB aren’t all hurt.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3658
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:21 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.


    Tell me the last time we had a top 10 pick at QB that panned out?


    I will wait. I may be in the Ground when you find one, but will wait.



    Rick Mirer, after being not good for a few years here, we pawned him off on the Bears for the 11th pick which we traded for the 3rd and took Shawn Springs.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2726
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:53 pm
  • Seahawks OC Interview Questions:
    1. Can you win an NFL game in the 1st quarter?
    2. Can you win an NFL game in the 2nd quarter?
    3. Can you win an NFL game in the 3rd quarter?
    4. Can you win an NFL game in the 4th quarter?

    This selection is going to be so underwhelming, I’m trying to cope with the disappointment already.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:Seahawks OC Interview Questions:
    1. Can you win an NFL game in the 1st quarter?
    2. Can you win an NFL game in the 2nd quarter?
    3. Can you win an NFL game in the 3rd quarter?
    4. Can you win an NFL game in the 4th quarter?

    This selection is going to be so underwhelming, I’m trying to cope with the disappointment already.


    Yeah, because no matter who they pick, you're going to find a reason to down it.

    Pete picks a guy you don't like? We suck forever.
    Pete picks a guy that's meh? Uninspiring, won't push over the hump.
    Pete picks a guy you love? Oh, now he's a yes man, we suck forever.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:How would y'all feel about Mike McDaniel? San Francisco's run-game coordinator. That's a hire I'd love to see.


    Sounds like the 49ers are going to promote him to OC to try to retain him
    94Smith
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:55 pm
  • Anthony Lynn could be the guy. Pete loves to hire coaches that ran over his team.

    Cable's Raiders rushed for 239 yards on the Seahawks in 2010, by 2011 he was the Seahawks Oline coach to build a line that could do the same thing.

    2016 Lynn's Bills rushed for 162 yards and 2 TDs on Monday Night.

    2018 Norv Turner's Panthers rushed for 220 yards against the Hawks. He is currently no coaching

    2019 Norv gashed the hawks for 145

    2020 Jason Garrett's Giants rushed for 190 and Gery Kubiak's Vikings rushed for over 200

    Taking all of this into account I think the guys Pete will attempt to get are Lynn or Turner.

    Fun fact, Norv Turner is the only head coach in NFL history to have 100 wins and a have a career winning percentage below .500
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2815
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 am


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.


    Tell me the last time we had a top 10 pick at QB that panned out?


    I will wait. I may be in the Ground when you find one, but will wait.



    Rick Mirer, after being not good for a few years here, we pawned him off on the Bears for the 11th pick which we traded for the 3rd and took Shawn Springs.


    Ric Mirer started off ok, then got the first case of David Carr syndrome as he got beat up, maybe it was that Hotdog he ate, should have taken Tez's from him. He was not a success, Drew Bledsoe was the Success of that draft.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34523
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:04 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.


    Tell me the last time we had a top 10 pick at QB that panned out?


    I will wait. I may be in the Ground when you find one, but will wait.



    Rick Mirer, after being not good for a few years here, we pawned him off on the Bears for the 11th pick which we traded for the 3rd and took Shawn Springs.


    Ric Mirer started off ok, then got the first case of David Carr syndrome as he got beat up, maybe it was that Hotdog he ate, should have taken Tez's from him. He was not a success, Drew Bledsoe was the Success of that draft.



    And I think that was because teams found out he couldn't throw to the left side of the field so swamped the rt side.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2979
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:53 pm
  • massari wrote:If PC is actually the problem, why doesn't Wilson use his power to change it? Got to believe ownership views Wilson above PC on the hierarchy.



    I just read that Russ wanted some say over the next OC
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 150
    Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 am
  • Sounds like Doug Pederson is out & will be taking the next year off. Damn. Today’s new name in the search for our next OC: Kirby Wilson from the Raiders.

    Who? Also, this guy has been around Tom Cable! No thanks!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1753
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Hot names for the new OC
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:"Seeing as he's the playcaller and he also brought a whole new passing scheme to Seattle with him... I think its fairly safe to say it was primarily on him"
    I tend to agree with that view. Russ can throw short. He's just doing what he's been advised/coached to do according to the game plan and calling the plays that are sent in to him.
    I think we'd have been better off had Russ been calling his own plays according to his feel of the game.


    I've said the same thing for several years. But got flamed for thinking RW should ignore the coaches plays and call his own. Go figure
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3382
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 94 guests