JS says minimum for Russ is (3) 1st round draft picks.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33mw2gak said:
John63":33mw2gak said:
Sgt. Largent":33mw2gak said:
SoulfishHawk":33mw2gak said:
What did he start? He said he wants more protection? To say this crap has been blown out of proportion is the understatement of the century. He's right, and it's about time he said something. Just surprised so many people have turned on him and/or seem like they are taking it personal.

Russ did start all this by making his feelings public.

So whether you agree with him or not is moot, no one would be talking about this if Russell kept his grievances in house.

No talk of trades, no Colin Cowherd blaming Pete, no "how many first round picks would it take." None of it.

Actually it still would have been talked about, it would have gotten out, just like some who something gets out every year about trading Wilson.

Russell's arguably the most polished measured athlete there is, everything he does is planned out and orchestrated.

So no, it wouldn't have just got out whether he went public or not.

You guys are making this into me criticizing Russell, and while I don't agree with him going public that's not the point.

The point is this thread and others didn't exist until HE initiated these conversations.

Which is fine, makes for great forum and sports talk until the draft. But don't kid yourselves, Russell brought all of this on himself, which again was calculated. He wants the "you better do what I say or I'm gone next year" conversations and information out there.

Schneider & Pete are deep in it too! All 3 guys are too smart! Bottom line all 3 are working together to try to create a “win win” situation for each other, they are testing the market, it’s business nothing wrong with it! The problem is the fans are not cool with RW leaving Seattle, so they have to orchestrate the drama!!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3m4f1xdf said:
um.……..ok

Fact a trade cannot happen unless both Seattle & RW agree, fact both parties understand this fact! It’s doesn’t mean RW or Schneider can’t make a mistake or have miscommunication, bottom line they have to agree to part ways & can’t do it without each other’s support.

Discussion cannot happen unless there are teams RW wants to play for & at least 1 QB in the draft Seattle wants!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ne82tb2 said:
So let us see here:

1 - We are talking here about potentially trading Wilson.

2 - We are thinking of not retaining Carson and going with Hyde as a starter. (Who not only isn't starter quality but is barely a backup.)

3 - We are talking about signing a ridiculously expensive TE from the Titans. This one makes sense if we keep Wilson but only if we somehow lose Pete.

This is our plan for getting better as almost every other team in our division is getting better?

But if we trade Wilson then Pete & JS can turn 3 or 4 first round picks into 16 7th round picks.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Top 3 teams in the 2021 draft have 2 1st round picks & the 2021 is a QB draft, this is the only reason there is RW talk & is the reason RW will be traded! Fans can’t handle the truth!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, he won't.
Not this year at least...…..
Just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean he will be traded. Hope doesn't get it done.
But, I'd gladly bet a 6 pack of beer. Plus, it's an excuse to drink beer :irishdrinkers:
If he plays the entire 2021 season, you buy me a 6 pack of my favorite beer.
IF he's traded, I buy your favorite.
Deal?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1sqj6nkj said:
No, he won't.
Not this year at least...…..
Just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean he will be traded. Hope doesn't get it done.
But, I'd gladly bet a 6 pack of beer. Plus, it's an excuse to drink beer :irishdrinkers:
If he plays the entire 2021 season, you buy me a 6 pack of my favorite beer.
IF he's traded, I buy your favorite.
Deal?

I’m saying he’s going to be traded because the media hype is staged! I’m not the one driving these rumors, if this wasn’t in the media I wouldn’t be saying anything.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As others have said, there is zero chance that Schneider talked to John Clayton and told him that the minimum is three first round picks. This is either being misreported by Clayton, or more likely exaggerated by the forum member here. I'm sure there have been discussions (due diligence) but I doubt Schneider talks to Clayton period, let alone to divulge specific details about ongoing trade talks.

Moreover, while I'm sure teams have called to ask about Russ and there have been talks, they would be specific to each team. "Three first round picks" is a completely meaningless statement in the NFL where the Dolphins #2 overall pick is worth 2600 points and the Saints first round pick is worth 660 points. The cap implications of trading Russ along with his no trade clause make it an unlikely proposition that would require a very precise sort of trade, FAR more complicated than just "X first round picks please".

I have yet to see somebody propose a hypothetical trade with Russ that would be agreeable to all three parties involved. In the Miami example in this thread I see no reason why Russ would accept a trade to Miami after they traded us their best resources.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hope you are right but it isn't being 'exaggerated by a forum member here'

It is on every sports talk show today.

All talking about how the cost for Wilson is essentially 3 firsts.

If they trade Wilson, it will be like when the Bulls traded Jordan. It will be over.

That will be devastating.

Worse than when the effing Mariners traded Randy Johnson and I got to watch Randy win a World Series for the Diamondbacks.

QBs now play until 40 with the new rules. Which means a QB is still essentially in their prime up until 35. It makes no sense to trade a QB with at least 10 years of playing life still in them. Given the average contract is going to be 5 years.

I am really hoping this is just weird confusion being stoked in the offseason.

But it annoys me that the Texans came out publicly stating they won't trade their QB and will support him. The Seahawks are just completely silent on it, and their silence is going cause problems. I cannot believe that the Texans FO is looking smarter than our FO on this same issue.

I also hope this team realizes that you lose Wilson the next star you are losing is DK a year or 2 later. This is stupid.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
AgentDib":2afrmjjp said:
As others have said, there is zero chance that Schneider talked to John Clayton and told him that the minimum is three first round picks. This is either being misreported by Clayton, or more likely exaggerated by the forum member here. I'm sure there have been discussions (due diligence) but I doubt Schneider talks to Clayton period, let alone to divulge specific details about ongoing trade talks.

Moreover, while I'm sure teams have called to ask about Russ and there have been talks, they would be specific to each team. "Three first round picks" is a completely meaningless statement in the NFL where the Dolphins #2 overall pick is worth 2600 points and the Saints first round pick is worth 660 points. The cap implications of trading Russ along with his no trade clause make it an unlikely proposition that would require a very precise sort of trade, FAR more complicated than just "X first round picks please".

I have yet to see somebody propose a hypothetical trade with Russ that would be agreeable to all three parties involved. In the Miami example in this thread I see no reason why Russ would accept a trade to Miami after they traded us their best resources.

I agree Schneider said nothing! But the news is even better because teams believe it will cost at least 3 round picks, what if teams believed RW is worth 2 round 1 picks? Teams are calling when the price is high that’s good news!

It’s a complicated situation!

AgentDib

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24bqrosy said:
I hope you are right but it isn't being 'exaggerated by a forum member here'. It is on every sports talk show today. All talking about how the cost for Wilson is essentially 3 firsts.
There is an immense difference between speculating that a trade for Wilson would require at least three first round picks, and reporting that John Schneider told you personally that he is looking for three first round picks. Neither one makes sense on a conceptual level, but speculation is the kind of thing that keep the presses churning every NFL off-season.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
AgentDib":1chzyspm said:
TwistedHusky":1chzyspm said:
I hope you are right but it isn't being 'exaggerated by a forum member here'. It is on every sports talk show today. All talking about how the cost for Wilson is essentially 3 firsts.
There is an immense difference between speculating that a trade for Wilson would require at least three first round picks, and reporting that John Schneider told you personally that he is looking for three first round picks. Neither one makes sense on a conceptual level, but speculation is the kind of thing that keep the presses churning every NFL off-season.

The report said teams think the bidding war starts at 3 round 1picks! They buyers are speculating & calling that’s what we know. As far as the sellers they have said nothing but are listening & giving no responses. High end deal making by Pro’s! Pro’s are difficult to get to the negotiating table & will get up from the negotiating table & walk away!

It’s a sellers Market for RW and the buyers are open to spending big, that’s terrific news for the Seahawk Organization, especially when RW is coming off a terrible playoff performance & no longer has his Houdini pass rush avoidance skills.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I highly doubt a trade is happening this offseason. It's not outside of the realm of possibilities, but it is unlikely to happen for many different reasons. There are too many moving pieces that need to be brought together.

Wilson's cap hit is a huge issue. I think any discussion about moving him has to include a restructure of sorts. Wilson would really have to want out for this to work. The cap hit is too high for just trading him as is.

The second problem is Russell controls where he goes. You can't just call up random teams like the Jets or Jags and expect Wilson to be okay with that. Whether they want to trade him or not, Russ controls his own destiny. This means your chances of getting a Lawrence or Wilson, or other top QB in the draft class goes down significantly. Without Wilson that means we're potentially stuck with Geno Smith as the starter depending on when the theoretical trade happens. I think that Carroll is smart enough to know that this would destroy his legacy.

Any trade involving Wilson I believe will take place in 2022. He is clearly not happy with the course of things here in Seattle. I believe he is going to wait around to see how things shake up this season, if the pieces don't fall in the right places, he's setting things up to pull the nuclear option. If his voice falls on deaf ears, I think he is outta here next offseason.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":25wqvbup said:
AgentDib":25wqvbup said:
TwistedHusky":25wqvbup said:

The report said teams think the bidding war starts at 3 round 1picks! They buyers are speculating & calling that’s what we know. As far as the sellers they have said nothing but are listening & giving no responses. High end deal making by Pro’s! Pro’s are difficult to get to the negotiating table & will get up from the negotiating table & walk away!

It’s a sellers Market for RW and the buyers are open to spending big, that’s terrific news for the Seahawk Organization, especially when RW is coming off a terrible playoff performance & no longer has his Houdini pass rush avoidance skills.

That because unlike you who seem to think Wilson sucks, the league knows otherwise. they know that 500+ yards means he still has his Houdini avoidance skills, It means they remember and saw what he could do when he was allowed to do.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ly0jlp1 said:
I highly doubt a trade is happening this offseason. It's not outside of the realm of possibilities, but it is unlikely to happen for many different reasons. There are too many moving pieces that need to be brought together.

Wilson's cap hit is a huge issue. I think any discussion about moving him has to include a restructure of sorts. Wilson would really have to want out for this to work. The cap hit is too high for just trading him as is.

The second problem is Russell controls where he goes. You can't just call up random teams like the Jets or Jags and expect Wilson to be okay with that. Whether they want to trade him or not, Russ controls his own destiny. This means your chances of getting a Lawrence or Wilson, or other top QB in the draft class goes down significantly. Without Wilson that means we're potentially stuck with Geno Smith as the starter depending on when the theoretical trade happens. I think that Carroll is smart enough to know that this would destroy his legacy.

Any trade involving Wilson I believe will take place in 2022. He is clearly not happy with the course of things here in Seattle. I believe he is going to wait around to see how things shake up this season, if the pieces don't fall in the right places, he's setting things up to pull the nuclear option. If his voice falls on deaf ears, I think he is outta here next offseason.

The QB draft for 2022 isn’t good! There’s no way a deal gets done unless both Schneider & RW want it to happen! We already know RW is open to the possibilities coincidently RW opens his mouth when buyers have enough Capital in a strong QB draft! No such thing as Coincidences! Today we learn buyers are willing to spend big.

The only thing we don’t know are Schneider’s opinions on the QB’s in the draft. I really do believe RW is eyeballing Miami, NY, & kinda not liking the idea of moving to Jacksonville. If Schneider & Carroll like the top 3 QB’s in the draft RW will be sun bathing in Miami this summer. 3 round 1 picks & 2 round 2 picks for RW or 4 Round 1 picks for RW!

Seattle is absolutely the worst team to buy player from because they have consistently paid the most for players from other teams! This is a fact!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":21w3grr4 said:
FresnoHawk68":21w3grr4 said:
AgentDib":21w3grr4 said:
TwistedHusky":21w3grr4 said:

That because unlike you who seem to think Wilson sucks, the league knows otherwise. they know that 500+ yards means he still has his Houdini avoidance skills, It means they remember and saw what he could do when he was allowed to do.

Yes I admit I want to trade RW but I’m not the one who is telling the world today NFL teams are willing to spend big for RW. Don’t forget it was RW who started all this activity not me!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm curious why people are taking this so personally? Seriously? This is plain ridiculous. He's being made out to be a problem child. This guy has been a team player and leader his entire career.
Again, he gets crap for being a "robot" or being "boring" the last 9 years. And now, he gets crap for voicing he wants better protection. Don't we ALL want him to have better protection back there??? He literally can't win with a large portion of this fanbase. And for the record, he flat out SAID he needs to get rid of the ball quicker.
He didn't start any "activity"
He was asked a question, he answered it. Nothing more. The media, yet again, is acting like he stabbed someone. And a lot of "fans" are wanting him traded. This is shockingly stupid to actually want the best QB this team has ever had, and a HUGE reason they win consistently......to actually be traded...…

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14a2vc6r said:
I'm curious why people are taking this so personally? Seriously? This is plain ridiculous. He's being made out to be a problem child. This guy has been a team player and leader his entire career.
Again, he gets crap for being a "robot" or being "boring" the last 9 years. And now, he gets crap for voicing he wants better protection. Don't we ALL want him to have better protection back there??? He literally can't win with a large portion of this fanbase. And for the record, he flat out SAID he needs to get rid of the ball quicker.
He didn't start any "activity"
He was asked a question, he answered it. Nothing more. The media, yet again, is acting like he stabbed someone. And a lot of "fans" are wanting him traded. This is shockingly stupid to actually want the best QB this team has ever had, and a HUGE reason they win consistently......to actually be traded...…

I definitely over reacted after RW comments and after analyzing the situation I believe Russ, Pete, & John are open to a trade under the right circumstances.
I want to trade RW under the right circumstances because I believe his best is behind him and I like the QB’s in this draft. If I’m wrong about RW or the QB’s in this draft then I would want RW to stay.

RW stated it was up to Pete & John if he gets traded, RW deflected when everybody knows he has a “no trade clause”. RW decides if he gets traded!! He has equal power in that circumstance and said when he signed that contract that the “no trade clause” sealed the deal! RW gave the world a ridiculous answer to a very important question!