Damarious Randall re-signed, but also moved to CB

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1380572126348906501[/tweet]

In Randall's first 4 years in the league, he had at least 3 interceptions each year. Played CB with the Packers in his first 3 seasons.

Jville

Reaction score
Good news keeps coming in as free agency continues .................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1380574837555355648[/tweet] [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-re-sign-cb-damarious-randall[/urltargetblank]

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Really nice move...could be simply for depth, but also for competition. A strong player still in his prime, he can play inside or outside. Good competition here with Reed, Flowers, and Witherspoon.

nanomoz

Reaction score
IIRC, a few Packer fans I knew were high on his prospects at corner. He did run under 4.5 with a 38-inch vert at the combine.

He's on the short side for a Hawk corner, maybe they see him as a nickel or dime roamer. Or, it's possible that DJ Reed's badassery opened up their physical ideals at the position.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
nanomoz":2jt76601 said:
IIRC, a few Packer fans I knew were high on his prospects at corner. He did run under 4.5 with a 38-inch vert at the combine.

He's on the short side for a Hawk corner, maybe they see him as a nickel or dime roamer. Or, it's possible that DJ Reed's badassery opened up their physical ideals at the position.

Hopefully seeing what a non-6'5" QB can do opened the way for PLAYERS to do what they can do best as Seahawks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Randall can regain his earlier form this will be a great re-signing. If not it’s a reasonable flyer with potential high upside.

The FO keeps on working away low key incrementally improving the team.

Hanjag

Reaction score
I like it as a good depth move. Former 1st rounder who had 14 picks in his first 4 seasons. According to pff he did not grade too well as a corner but he did grade as a starter at safety at least one year. I think of it as possible flexing as backup safety but the Hawks have many of those Ugo was a safety at Oregon, Flowers was one, and Blair. Didn't Neal play a little safety as well. What the Hawks need is a #1 corner. I am thinking Richard Sherman reunion might be the best option at an affordable price. There are three others still out there: Nelson, Heyward, and Fisher they could all upgrade that #1 spot. DJ Reed is a pretty good bet to grade out as a starter Witherspoon has the measurables good size and speed to be a #1 he had a 80PFF last year in limited reps.Randall, Ugo, Blair, Neal, and Flowers a I have a good amount of confidence in playing nickle and dime cover packages

With KJ Wright out I feel pretty comfortable in Wagner and Brooks but I really don't know if BBK or Barton provide enough to justify playing a lot of snaps. Perhaps, this is justification for the Hawks playing more nickle in 2021 and Sherman, Witherspoon, and DJ Reed would justify just that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hanjag":2nhp67yj said:
I like it as a good depth move. Former 1st rounder who had 14 picks in his first 4 seasons. According to pff he did not grade too well as a corner but he did grade as a starter at safety at least one year. I think of it as possible flexing as backup safety but the Hawks have many of those Ugo was a safety at Oregon, Flowers was one, and Blair. Didn't Neal play a little safety as well. What the Hawks need is a #1 corner. I am thinking Richard Sherman reunion might be the best option at an affordable price. There are three others still out there: Nelson, Heyward, and Fisher they could all upgrade that #1 spot. DJ Reed is a pretty good bet to grade out as a starter Witherspoon has the measurables good size and speed to be a #1 he had a 80PFF last year in limited reps.Randall, Ugo, Blair, Neal, and Flowers a I have a good amount of confidence in playing nickle and dime cover packages

With KJ Wright out I feel pretty comfortable in Wagner and Brooks but I really don't know if BBK or Barton provide enough to justify playing a lot of snaps. Perhaps, this is justification for the Hawks playing more nickle in 2021 and Sherman, Witherspoon, and DJ Reed would justify just that.

Richard Sherman was a long shot at best when he was drafted by the scouts, people want to go back, you can't that Mojo bus has passed. You have to find your next guy, we have the pieces to see if there is one that can get polished up to shine.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":2ix8d007 said:
Hanjag":2ix8d007 said:

Richard Sherman was a long shot at best when he was drafted by the scouts, people want to go back, you can't that Mojo bus has passed. You have to find your next guy, we have the pieces to see if there is one that can get polished up to shine.

When the secondary was being developed (LOB style), the secondary coaches were Kris Richard and Marquand Manuel. Those were two really nice coaches. Now it's Nick Sorenson and DeShawn Shead. I haven't seen too many secondary players developed since Richard and Manuel left. Plus losing Maxwell, Shead, Thomas, Sherman, and Chancellor hurt. Needless to say, not confident in Sorenson's abilities to develop players.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson

CB Damarious Randall's deal with the Seahawks is for one year and $1,127,500, per a source. A $137,500 signing bonus and a non-guaranteed $990K base salary.