PC and JS have been BRILLIANT

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Fade":3bivweoh said:
Signing a bunch of 1 yr rentals isn't what I would call "BRILLIANT."

C'mon Fade, get back to the thoughtful analysis we used to get from you. These talking-head mini quotes don't reflect well on you. I would say that, in light of this year's reduced salary cap, that signing "a bunch of 1 yr rentals" actually *IS* brilliant. You get a bunch of FA players who want more money and longer-term deals and realize they won't be getting any until next year at the earliest. So they'll play this year for next year's deal wherever it will be, and will be trying to show other teams that they're worth making a deal for. Who knows, maybe next year when the salary cap goes back up one of those teams might be the Seahawks. This was actually the worst possible year to sign long-term deals with spendy FAs, in my opinion.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Well the teams that win free agency never do anything. So I wouldn’t put stock in the moves yet. Most of the moves are risky because they are one year prove it deals. Which more than likely don’t pan out. Who knows yet. I hope the team clicks and the new OC is amazing. If Russ doesn’t fall apart halfway through we may have something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkinNY

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":32vc7tqa said:
Having stomached the Ken Behring ownership years, and the Tom Flores head coaching years, and the last year of Mike Holmgren, and lastly, the one year of JIm Mora Jr. head coaching year, I damn glad to have Pete Carroll as a HC.

So many of you are spoiled.
Same here. We have zero cap space and not many picks in the draft. I think Pete and John did amazing with what they have. And they always do. I think this year isn’t going to be their year. I think they are really setting up the future nice.

misfit

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":29wq669f said:
misfit":29wq669f said:
onanygivensunday":29wq669f said:
Having stomached the Ken Behring ownership years, and the Tom Flores head coaching years, and the last year of Mike Holmgren, and lastly, the one year of JIm Mora Jr. head coaching year, I damn glad to have Pete Carroll as a HC.

These are the low standards we have grown to accept

Go root for the Patriots then. You'll have incredible trouble finding any sort of consistent success anywhere else.
I can root for who I choose

I guess I should just be happy w a wildcard exit every year and never want anything more cuz you said so

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maulbert":2500xji0 said:
JayhawkMike":2500xji0 said:
Welshers":2500xji0 said:
They have been transcendental this off season. They picked up the pieces we needed and brought back key parts. Russel is still here and buying in. There was the most fan negativity I can remember heading into the off-season. But Pete and John came through again. Excellent off-season and we haven't even drafted yet. This team is a bona-fide contender, especially if Russ gets cooking with our new OC. Pete and John proved the haters wrong yet again

I’ll tell you what. If we win more than 1 post season game I’ll take a one month break here if you agree to do the same if we win one or zero playoff games including missing them altogether.

Looking forward to a quiet month next February.

I’d happily stay quiet for a month if we don’t crap the bed in the playoffs for the SEVENTH year in a tow. That being said Welshers did not agree to it unless I missed it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
misfit":xahm3un8 said:
Maelstrom787":xahm3un8 said:
misfit":xahm3un8 said:
onanygivensunday":xahm3un8 said:

Go root for the Patriots then. You'll have incredible trouble finding any sort of consistent success anywhere else.

I guess I should just be happy w a wildcard exit every year and never want anything more cuz you said so

Or, perhaps instead of being a persistent pessimist, you can occupy just one of the vast reasonable viewpoints where one can desire improvement while also recognizing that the grass isn't much greener anywhere else.

For those who've been through it all and are grateful to have a team, let alone one of the best in the league for about a decade running, maybe you shouldn't call them out. Again, the Patriots bandwagon is a bit lighter if you wanna go root for the only team more successful in the past 10 years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It means that same thing it always means.

We will have a roster that looks great on paper.

We will have a decent regular-season record.

And the holes that manifest mid-year will likely be plugged by the 3/4 point (Last year we went from near dead last in pass rush to one of the highest ranked.)

So, it means at least a decent regular season. Which is goodish news.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":psek49m1 said:
Maulbert":psek49m1 said:
JayhawkMike":psek49m1 said:
Welshers":psek49m1 said:
They have been transcendental this off season. They picked up the pieces we needed and brought back key parts. Russel is still here and buying in. There was the most fan negativity I can remember heading into the off-season. But Pete and John came through again. Excellent off-season and we haven't even drafted yet. This team is a bona-fide contender, especially if Russ gets cooking with our new OC. Pete and John proved the haters wrong yet again

I’ll tell you what. If we win more than 1 post season game I’ll take a one month break here if you agree to do the same if we win one or zero playoff games including missing them altogether.

Looking forward to a quiet month next February.

I’d happily stay quiet for a month if we don’t crap the bed in the playoffs for the SEVENTH year in a tow. That being said Welshers did not agree to it unless I missed it.

You've made it abundantly clear you'd rather this team crapped it's pants while drooling into the field during the regular season with no proof it will lead to anything better. So I really don't care what you think.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

JayhawkMike":1357cgue said:
Welshers":1357cgue said:

you got a deal

toffee

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and the word Brilliance cannot be in the same sentence, not on dot net. Pete is a must fire for ruining Russell's career with his antiquated offense philosophies.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't know if I would go as far as brilliant but they have defiantly executed my exceptions this off-season. I thought the 2021 season was looking pretty bleak going back to Feb.

-Our starting QB was making waves about wanting out
-Didn't have a lot of cap room to work with
-Only had 4 picks (at the time) up coming in the 2021 draft

I think they have upgraded the pass rush with some good cap maneuvering , kept a top caliber rb without breaking the bank, appear to have solved things with the QB (fi there ever was an issue). They still need to make some solid picks in the draft, like another corner, interior o-linemen etc. But I feel better. about the upcoming season than I did 2 months ago.

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3e64my1t said:
onanygivensunday":3e64my1t said:

Same here. We have zero cap space and not many picks in the draft. I think Pete and John did amazing with what they have. And they always do. I think this year isn’t going to be their year. I think they are really setting up the future nice.

I'm definitely in this camp. Playoffs are a crap shoot. Very few teams have consistent success. It mostly revolves around a few key players. But fielding a competitive team that is exciting to watch that wins most of it's games, year in and year out, makes for an entertaining season. Something that was sorely lacking pre Pete/JC. Getting to the playoffs and having a shot at the SB is gravy for me.

Signed,
Easily Pleased

misfit

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1lzljvvf said:
misfit":1lzljvvf said:
Maelstrom787":1lzljvvf said:
misfit":1lzljvvf said:

Or, perhaps instead of being a persistent pessimist, you can occupy just one of the vast reasonable viewpoints where one can desire improvement while also recognizing that the grass isn't much greener anywhere else.

For those who've been through it all and are grateful to have a team, let alone one of the best in the league for about a decade running, maybe you shouldn't call them out. Again, the Patriots bandwagon is a bit lighter if you wanna go root for the only team more successful in the past 10 years.

I'm not a pessimist, I've been through it all as well, I'm not a new fan as you assume.

Move along.

misfit

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1gvgktot said:
Where did we significantly improve our starting lineup?
I think you could say Oline we have a upgrade at LG, d line is probably a wash, though the rush should be better though run stopping took a step back w/ no reed.

Still have the draft though

Tinamedina

Reaction score
And all it took was Wilson about to leave for them to make some moves. They could have done this before, they just took Wilson for granted.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Really the team’s offseason success is because of RW?

C’mon fellas give credit where credit is due.

Did anyone think that Iupati wouldn’t be replaced by a veteran G?

The pass rush has been the star of the show. Adding back the players they re-signed was good FO work bordering upon exceptional, but adding the other two players was brilliant. Adding Aldon Smith was the cherry on top

The CBs added fit the team’s scheme, but raise questions even if they may be journeymen. If we reflect though they have been very good at finding CB talent over the years. Somehow I don’t believe they are done by a good ways yet.

They deserve credit for handling a very difficult and complex situation.

Some folks here grumble about the weak drafts delivered by the FO yet the the team contends annually. Just a thought have a look at the Patriots drafts over the past few seasons. Picking late makes it very hard to acquire the talent through the draft so combing the FA market for the guys who can help even if they are eye at rentals.

I give them a good solid A with an A+ pending if they can add a quality CB.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3u239zbn said:
Really the team’s offseason success is because of RW?

C’mon fellas give credit where credit is due.

Did anyone think that Iupati wouldn’t be replaced by a veteran G?

The pass rush has been the star of the show. Adding back the players they re-signed was good FO work bordering upon exceptional, but adding the other two players was brilliant. Adding Aldon Smith was the cherry on top

The CBs added fit the team’s scheme, but raise questions even if they may be journeymen. If we reflect though they have been very good at finding CB talent over the years. Somehow I don’t believe they are done by a good ways yet.

They deserve credit for handling a very difficult and complex situation.

Some folks here grumble about the weak drafts delivered by the FO yet the the team contends annually. Just a thought have a look at the Patriots drafts over the past few seasons. Picking late makes it very hard to acquire the talent through the draft so combing the FA market for the guys who can help even if they are eye at rentals.

I give them a good solid A with an A+ pending if they can add a quality CB.

they werent even gonna replace ipuati, he had to reitre for them to get the point.

and yes, they were scared wilson was leaving (and he is leaving after 2021) so, they stepped up a LITTLE bit.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1fxppcxp said:
Some folks here grumble about the weak drafts delivered by the FO yet the the team contends annually.

So you think those drafts are why they contend annually? Its Russ. Take him out of the equation and Seattle is a 4 win team. Make no mistake about it, the FO has drafted pretty lousy for a long time now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely agree that the player they drafted in the 3rd round at pick #75 is a key reason for the team's success.

Don't disagree that the early picks in the draft have for the most part with several key scores been pretty weak; yet the deeper picks have been pretty good. it is absolutely clear they have had more than a few key whiffs. When they hit on a player they really score. Their miss rate is still pretty high. It is their creativity with short term deals and relatively cheap FAs that allows the team to remain competitive.

Absolutely disagree the team is a 4 win team without RW, but certainly they would not be a playoff team without him.

If we look at early picks drafted by NE they have not done that well either drafting at the end of the first round consistently.