Aldon Smith turned himself in, details still to come

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1pp5c3ju said:
XxXdragonXxX":1pp5c3ju said:
It's really funny looking back at the Aldon Smith signing thread. Literally nobody in that thread thought it was a bad move, but now that he got in trouble we have all the Captain Himdsights in here criticizing Pete and John.

There was only two in the whole thread and Seymour was being sarcastic so really only one post criticizing the FO. Think your jumping the gun on that claim.

brimsalabim, Tusc2000, and Seymour, who was being sarcastic but not in the way you seem to think.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well that blew up in there faces. I just think this could be the year this team falls apart.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2mdlamne said:
pittpnthrs":2mdlamne said:
JustTheTip":2mdlamne said:
Rick Mirer is not a blemish in seahawks history.

Eh,,,,,,,

Excellent counterpoint. The political forum could use this kind of quality participation.

Trying to be nice. Mirer was awful and he certainly was a blight on the Seahawks history. A huge miss. More power to you if you feel he wasnt. I'm not going to argue with you.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1fv3fwfj said:
Well that blew up in there faces. I just think this could be the year this team falls apart.
Thats a bit melodramatic. Smith wasn't even guaranteed a place on the roster. Loads of times we've cut vets.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2decf2f6 said:

Really? *This* makes you think *that*? :229031_confused2: :roll:

<edit: also, 'their' :mrgreen: >

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":378x1mki said:
JustTheTip":378x1mki said:
pittpnthrs":378x1mki said:
JustTheTip":378x1mki said:

Eh,,,,,,,

Excellent counterpoint. The political forum could use this kind of quality participation.

Trying to be nice. Mirer was awful and he certainly was a blight on the Seahawks history. A huge miss. More power to you if you feel he wasnt. I'm not going to argue with you.

Not really a blemish, per se. Sure, he was a draft miss, but at the end of the day, they got 4 years out of him and then flipped him and a later pick for another first rounder.

Not all players are stars, and all told, Mirer still provided more value than most players ever do.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aldon Smith is no longer still wanted by NO authorities having turned himself in to them on Tuesday evening, he was released upon a $25000 bond.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... ldon-smith

We will now see where this matter is going. For me I'd take a chance on him there seems to be a lot more to this story than we know.

kf3339

Reaction score
jammerhawk":39dna9vg said:
Aldon Smith is no longer still wanted by NO authorities having turned himself in to them on Tuesday evening, he was released upon a $25000 bond.

We will now see where this matter is going. For me I'd take a chance on him there seems to be a lot more to this story than we know.

If the so called victim did in fact choke his pregnant wife and kick her in the back as reported, why then wasn't he arrested for assault by the very same police department? Isn't that considered a potential crime by them, or is spousal assault considered acceptable in that state?

It seems there is some cherry picking going on with their prosecution office and police department. That is if you can call them professionals. Just saying.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jammerhawk":36x8ugvb said:

Thanks, jammerhawk. Updated title to reflect.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Aldon truly was defending his sister, then not only do I want him on the team, but I'm an even bigger fan of his.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":coa9r73r said:
If Aldon truly was defending his sister, then not only do I want him on the team, but I'm an even bigger fan of his.

Just tell him the opposing QB messed with a family member and let it play out legally on the field.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The only thing I care about is whether he can play or not, and if he produces when he plays.

We won't know that for a while.

I am honestly more concerned with his stamina and endurance given all that time off, as well as his motor.

The Dunbar thing resolved itself, only to find that Dunbar was not that great even when he did play.

So the legal issues are less a concern because even when resolved it isn't the outcome we always want.

But the risk is worth it.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2hb45mjx said:
The only thing I care about is whether he can play or not, and if he produces when he plays.

I am honestly more concerned with his stamina and endurance given all that time off, as well as his motor.

The Dunbar thing resolved itself, only to find that Dunbar was not that great even when he did play.

So the legal issues are less a concern because even when resolved it isn't the outcome we always want.

Agreed. Aldon Smith has no business being a league minimum player with how talented he is. I take that risk all day every day. Perks of being a destination franchise, guys like him want to come here to reset their careers.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2wbcectg said:

I agree with you. It's hard to judge the results immediately.

Letting things play out isn't something our current media-based, instant-information culture is good at, though. Rushing to judgment (in spite of apparently being such a tolerant, non-judgmental generation) and raging about it seems the norm in just about every situation.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":10btztsi said:
JustTheTip":10btztsi said:
pittpnthrs":10btztsi said:
JustTheTip":10btztsi said:

Eh,,,,,,,

He was a shitty QB (except his rookie year) during a time when the Seahawks would have been shitty regardless of their QB. So the only thing lost was the draft pick, which turned into (likely) Jones.

kf3339

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":22ksaik3 said:

:ditto:

sutz

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":vw2ok4yz said:
TwistedHusky":vw2ok4yz said:

I agree with you. It's hard to judge the results immediately.

Letting things play out isn't something our current media-based, instant-information culture is good at, though. Rushing to judgment (in spite of apparently being such a tolerant, non-judgmental generation) and raging about it seems the norm in just about every situation.
It's why I seldom comment on shit like this until at least a couple of days have passed. Some yo-yo posts a tweet or a 'gram and it goes viral, and is usually inaccurate at best and downright false at worst. The event is a bad look on its face, but as usual details are sketchy and generally rather inflammatory in the first few hours.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":14as9o8g said:
:ditto: