UDFA Tracker

Somos doces

Reaction score
From what I'm seeing, "le stage" in French translates roughly to "the internship/training" in English. Seems rather appropriate, no?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Value wise, I think the hawks got those draft picks back with the UDFAs (Outside of the round 1 value).

The Hawks did an amazing job with at least trying to pick up some OL/Cb help.

Terry is DK Jr!! This WR core will go down as the best ever in the NFL!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Spohawks":nr3ejrrv said:
Value wise, I think the hawks got those draft picks back with the UDFAs (Outside of the round 1 value).

Corps*

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
HawkStrong":3lkv7trj said:
Spohawks":3lkv7trj said:

Corps*

Unless the reference is to only the core of the corps.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":26z7tk3a said:

Wrong, Terry is Randy Moss like but not as good hands.

Own The West

Reaction score
He's Lockett quick, but not Lockett fast. But...watch the rep at 3:24, then the reverse angle since you'll be going, "How did he catch that?"

[youtube]ED1eAJi3rnk[/youtube]

Own The West

Reaction score
Same series with Eskridge. Crazy fast, but all improv.

[youtube]ey6sjFOLny8[/youtube]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
GLio14":zjdkbo2t said:
My one thing about Lestage is that he never really played against crazy big guys like there are in the NCAA or NFL. He seemed to deal with his opponents with ease. Very interested to see how he does with the big boys.

Love that we got Terry and Cade Johnson though.

Take this for what it's worth but he played in a conference vs Laval who have been a Canadian powerhouse. If you see highlights of him pancaking guys in red and gold coloured jerseys that actually might mean something.

classicaaron

Reaction score
figured id offer my opinion / evaluation of Terry since im a lifelong FSU fan a well as a Hawk fan so ive seen all of his college games. Will say of course im excited anytime a Nole becomes a Hawk but there is a reason he wasn't drafted.

He has all of the size and potential so its a great signing for an UDFA. But theres just complete games and even complete parts of a season where he just completely disappears. He really struggles catching slants and really anything besides the deep ball. At least on this team that's all he would be used for anyway as Russ doesn't throw intermediate or short routes it seems so the strengths do line up. But he is good for a key third down drop at least once a game. His ball handling is also a concern, very loose when running with the ball and even lost a bowl game on a big fumble at the end of the game, but far from his only occurrence. On the good side I believe he led the country in yards per touchdown catch and at small times looked like he could be unstoppable. But then he would follow up a special play with just as big a drop. It was very frustrating to watch.

Again he has the skill but I don't think he has the want to. Hes definitely more flash than substance. For a guy who calls himself scary Terry and came out wearing a purge mask he definitely didn't live up to the name. And while I wouldn't say he was a locker room cancer he definitely wasn't a team guy either. He even got released from the team half way through the season last year.

I think its a good signing but would have been a bad draft pick based on where a lot of people saw him going. If he can fix his mind he could be a huge surprise. If anyone else follows FSU you know the program has been a disaster since before Jimbo left and the team is pretty bad. Hoping his inconsistencies come more from frustration and just being part of a bad team then issues within himself.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":2ghie8z4 said:
figured id offer my opinion / evaluation of Terry since im a lifelong FSU fan a well as a Hawk fan so ive seen all of his college games. Will say of course im excited anytime a Nole becomes a Hawk but there is a reason he wasn't drafted.

He has all of the size and potential so its a great signing for an UDFA. But theres just complete games and even complete parts of a season where he just completely disappears. He really struggles catching slants and really anything besides the deep ball. At least on this team that's all he would be used for anyway as Russ doesn't throw intermediate or short routes it seems so the strengths do line up. But he is good for a key third down drop at least once a game. His ball handling is also a concern, very loose when running with the ball and even lost a bowl game on a big fumble at the end of the game, but far from his only occurrence. On the good side I believe he led the country in yards per touchdown catch and at small times looked like he could be unstoppable. But then he would follow up a special play with just as big a drop. It was very frustrating to watch.

Again he has the skill but I don't think he has the want to. Hes definitely more flash than substance. For a guy who calls himself scary Terry and came out wearing a purge mask he definitely didn't live up to the name. And while I wouldn't say he was a locker room cancer he definitely wasn't a team guy either. He even got released from the team half way through the season last year.

I think its a good signing but would have been a bad draft pick based on where a lot of people saw him going. If he can fix his mind he could be a huge surprise. If anyone else follows FSU you know the program has been a disaster since before Jimbo left and the team is pretty bad. Hoping his inconsistencies come more from frustration and just being part of a bad team then issues within himself.
:lol: :lol: That bold part was what I thought too.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s very curious to me that the team has not officially announced the UDFA signings.

This represents a difference this year from the past and causes me to wonder if is “news management”, just the normal laggardly work by the team’s uncompetitive media division who always trail the news rather significantly. On the other hand perhaps the UDFA players the local press has announced as signed or signing aren’t signed or the team is waiting until rookie minicamp to announce them.

if you look at the Seahawks.com roster page it is out of date and looks unattended to by whomever the team has doing it. Clearly that person or persons are not competing for their job or don’t give a crap. This isn’t a new phenomena either.

Wish they’d get with it.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ynrufh0t said:
It’s very curious to me that the team has not officially announced the UDFA signings.

This represents a difference this year from the past and causes me to wonder if is “news management”, just the normal laggardly work by the team’s uncompetitive media division who always trail the news rather significantly. On the other hand perhaps the UDFA players the local press has announced as signed or signing aren’t signed or the team is waiting until rookie minicamp to announce them.

if you look at the Seahawks.com roster page it is out of date and looks unattended to by whomever the team has doing it. Clearly that person or persons are not competing for their job or don’t give a crap. This isn’t a new phenomena either.

Wish they’d get with it.

It's a frenzied 24 hours after the close of the draft. In the past they have had some UDFA change their mind as to who to sign with. I'm on board with speculation that official signings will most likely be announced during the rookie mini-camp. Now is the time to separate those who are committed to competing in the Seahawks program from those who might have second thoughts somewhere down the line. Also retaining roster names of those vets who have not resigned or sign elsewhere is published way of temporarily keeping the door open for possible resigning.

I'm patient. Besides we have you committed to maintaining an up to date accounting of team roster and roster turn over. Much appreciated :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course, and I don't mind keeping a hopefully accurate roster here with the assistance of many of the regular and reliable members of the board. I just wish the team was more diligent in keeping the 'official' team roster for their fans.

Other teams are announcing and have announced their UDFA signings, but sadly not the Hawks who still have last season's roster up as the team's official roster. This naturally raises questions about the person(s) responsible for keeping the fans informed or the internet media support the the team has hired.

We are fans and are being underserved and poorly informed. My patience is normally long but this type of poor service by the team deserves comment.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":63mksuhn said:
Of course, and I don't mind keeping a hopefully accurate roster here with the assistance of many of the regular and reliable members of the board. I just wish the team was more diligent in keeping the 'official' team roster for their fans.

Other teams are announcing and have announced their UDFA signings, but sadly not the Hawks who still have last season's roster up as the team's official roster. This naturally raises questions about the person(s) responsible for keeping the fans informed or the internet media support the the team has hired.

We are fans and are being underserved and poorly informed. My patience is normally long but this type of poor service by the team deserves comment.

Seahawks are last minute everything under John and Pete, they want to retain every advantage so until they announce or let the NFLPA and league know they can manipulate contracts and the roster.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well that begs the question, are these UDFA players in fact signed? There’s been no transaction report.

I suppose they could be waiting until rookie minicamp, but frankly I think the team’s PR group sucks and their emedia group is flat out negligent or incompetent. It simply cannot take 5 days to post 11 or 12 UDFA names on the roster or for that matter to remove the names of the players no longer on the team since free agency started.

mrblitz

Reaction score
Carroll has to be excited about this squad. He's got all of the parts, and just needs to fine tune the machine. What a great draft/UFDA!

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":26frjfgg said:
Well that begs the question, are these UDFA players in fact signed? There’s been no transaction report.

I suppose they could be waiting until rookie minicamp, but frankly I think the team’s PR group sucks and their emedia group is flat out negligent or incompetent. It simply cannot take 5 days to post 11 or 12 UDFA names on the roster or for that matter to remove the names of the players no longer on the team since free agency started.

This again is one of those years where things are different, Seahawks under Pete and John seem to always disclose this stuff in batches.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
jammerhawk":31lxe53f said:

The Seahawk site doesn't report anything until after a contract is signed and delivered. I kind of equate it to collegiate recruiting. We have guys that are committed, but until they sign the letter of intent it is not official. Could be that won't happen this year until they show up to get ready for practice/work. Although seems like in the past all that was usually taken care of pronto. Everything seems different this year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Actually more excited about Cade Johnson than Eskridge.

Looks like the 2nd coming of Tyler Lockett out there.

At least we will have targets for Wilson.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is no doubt Cade Johnson is a UDFA steal, I'd say he's more similar to Baldwin though. The team has been pretty good overall on finding solid WRs with Lockett, and Metcalf, Baldwin, Tate, Richardson (when healthy), and a few others. I suspect we are going to be very happy with Johnson. Don’t however sell the draft pick Eskridge short as he has game altering speed and quicks and is very talented with the ball in his hands. My belief is the team at present has a deeper talent pool at WR than they have had before since Pete has been here.