Hawks worst free agent signings ever (1 submission per post)

Zybot

Reaction score
Robert Gallery. Dude was paid a healthy amount of money. He looked bad before he was signed. He looked bad after he was signed. Was just pure robbery.

chris98251

Reaction score
Zybot":2v5jbz46 said:
Robert Gallery. Dude was paid a healthy amount of money. He looked bad before he was signed. He looked bad after he was signed. Was just pure robbery.

He was here to teach Cables system, he succeeded and we are still recovering.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Own The West":2r0dynj0 said:
I'll nominate Rickey Watters. He was expensive, got holes you could drive a truck through, and still fell down after 5 yards because he couldn't get up to speed before getting decleated by a stiff breeze.

I don't know how many times I saw him on the ground with acres of daylight in front of him pounding the ball on the ground in frustration. Every time I was like, "I know how you feel"...

LOL, oh, .NET. :34853_doh:

I loved Ricky Watters! Played every down like it was the last play of the Super Bowl. Were we even watching the same team?!?

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":3vi8p8fs said:
Own The West":3vi8p8fs said:
I'll nominate Rickey Watters. He was expensive, got holes you could drive a truck through, and still fell down after 5 yards because he couldn't get up to speed before getting decleated by a stiff breeze.

I don't know how many times I saw him on the ground with acres of daylight in front of him pounding the ball on the ground in frustration. Every time I was like, "I know how you feel"...

I loved Ricky Watters! Played every down like it was the last play of the Super Bowl. Were we even watching the same team?!?

Really trying to figure out who he was watching, Watters had an initial first step and acceleration that was exceptional, what he did get at some point was Gator Arms in Philly before he came here from a QB that would throw him into a would be tackler. Can't blame the man for that, needing a seamstress on the sidelines to reattach your head does take a while to get over.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":bhdb0bh1 said:
Aros":bhdb0bh1 said:
Own The West":bhdb0bh1 said:

Really trying to figure out who he was watching, Watters had an initial first step and acceleration that was exceptional, what he did get at some point was Gator Arms in Philly before he came here from a QB that would throw him into a would be tackler. Can't blame the man for that, needing a seamstress on the sidelines to reattach your head does take a while to get over.

Waters had over 1200 yards rushing his first three seasons with the team until he was replaced by Shaun Alexander.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seahawks-in-qc":316aktbc said:
IDK if we were supposed to have high hopes on him but Mike Williams did not do a whole lot

Interesting take...you must have missed the 2010 season when he had 65 receptions for 751 yards (he led the team). I agree with you he didn't do anything after that. He was fantastic his first year with Seahawks.

Rat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2eqmkto9 said:
seahawks-in-qc":2eqmkto9 said:
IDK if we were supposed to have high hopes on him but Mike Williams did not do a whole lot

Interesting take...you must have missed the 2010 season when he had 65 receptions for 751 yards (he led the team). I agree with you he didn't do anything after that. He was fantastic his first year with Seahawks.
Guess you can argue that his second contract was a bust.

Maulbert

Reaction score
tom95":1sivvrnc said:
DJrmb":1sivvrnc said:
Jerry Rice, wearing Largents number.
I agree. I have always thought it was bush league to ask Largent to wear his retired number.
Largent showed class by allowing it.

Again, not a signing, it was a trade. And I defend Rice. He was not expecting to wear 80, he knew it was retired. It was that dipshit Bob Whitsitt that organized that shitshow.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...teve-largent-giving-jerry-rice-seahawks-no-80

Rice is unfairly maligned by a lot of Hawk fans. Dude doesn't deserve it, and Largent and he have talked it out since.

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
Yeah I do remember the first year but it was mostly for the fact that outside of that nothing happen. Did not want to go with the same answer as everyone haha!

Too young to remember anything before our first trip to the Super Bowl!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Far too many to pick that one special abject failure.

Every team sadly has the same history of FA total busts.

We could have a worst draft picks thread too and that might be an even longer list.

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":28tzdypj said:
Far too many to pick that one special abject failure.
I dont agree. We have a long list of candidates for a top 5-10 list, but Odomes was such a spectacularly bad signing that I feel like this thread should be discussing the worst signing OTHER than him.

getnasty

Reaction score
Own The West":3rqfogun said:

If Ricky Watters had Shaun Alexander Offensive Line he'd be in the hall of fame. Ricky Watters ran hard and when he got in the open field the high step hesitation studder move was poerty in motion. Just when i thought the Sydney Rice take was bad.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rat":s7u98v2b said:
I think you're overrating Sidney too, but I've already addressed that in this thread. A few peak moments prevent him from being an all-time bust, but we got nowhere near our moneys worth from him.

Dude took 3 concussions for us in one season. One of those was while he was pushing for the game winning TD in Chicago (see above). Then he blew out his knee. Stop disparaging the man and focus your ire on other former Seahawks that added absolutely nothing to the success of the franchise, there are many to choose from.

Own The West

Reaction score
sdog1981":27ckl5gs said:
chris98251":27ckl5gs said:
Aros":27ckl5gs said:
Own The West":27ckl5gs said:

Waters had over 1200 yards rushing his first three seasons with the team until he was replaced by Shaun Alexander.

That's a lot of Rickey Watters love for sure. I couldn't stand him. I thought he was slow to the hole and went down too easy. Compared to who he was when he was with the 9ers, I thought he was making his fortune on our awesome OL and his former reputation.

I was actually relieved or excited when Amon Green or Shawn Alexander got a carry. In my mind, Watters was just a vulture taking away our young guys' opportunity to develop.

Rat

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2l1iwgis said:
Dude took 3 concussions for us in one season. One of those was while he was pushing for the game winning TD in Chicago (see above). Then he blew out his knee.

Good point: he was very injury prone. Bust.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Own The West":3gxfvvr9 said:
That's a lot of Rickey Watters love for sure. I couldn't stand him. I thought he was slow to the hole and went down too easy. Compared to who he was when he was with the 9ers, I thought he was making his fortune on our awesome OL and his former reputation.

I was actually relieved or excited when Amon Green or Shawn Alexander got a carry. In my mind, Watters was just a vulture taking away our young guys' opportunity to develop.

He was with the Eagles for three seasons after he left San Fran. Then he signed with the Hawks. Waters was good for what he was during the early years of Holmgren. A vet that knew the system.

The funny thing is Ahman Green was traded for Fred Vinson and a 6th round pick. Notable NFL players drafted in the 6th round of the 2000 draft? Pro-Bowlers Marc Bulger, Neil Rackers, and Adalius Thomas........and.........Tom Brady......