If we don't dump Jamal Adams for some nice trade...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Rat":2kf1c9n5 said:
Sports Hernia":2kf1c9n5 said:
Aros":2kf1c9n5 said:
Every time I come to .NET I always hope - like a battered spouse - things will improve. Then BAM. Threads like this.

Sigh.
Yep. At Times this place reminds me how much I hate fantasy football and Madden.
Nice rebuttal of his points.

Considering the "points", you're correct. :roll:

hawk45

Reaction score
Maulbert":20gac1i7 said:
hawk45":20gac1i7 said:
Chemistry exists, sure, but so does pass rush. The defense was still awful before Dunlap. I’d be prepared to accept losing Adams’s fire for the picks and the cash to build a deeper pass rush up front and who knows, maybe find that leader in house.

Do you really think they haven't addressed the pass rush this offseason?!?

Jesus Christ.
Fair enough.

How about corner?

Also, if we can get home with the front 4, why 15 mil for a guy who we targeted because we hadn’t addressed the pass rush last offseason?

Although if we do pay the tab for Adams, my hope is that the ability to get home without blitzing will give us the ability to be less predictable and obvious when blitzing him, which just might create some synergy that would make him more effective (and more frightening for opposing offenses).

I want to be excited for Adams, and I am at times, it’s more the injuries last year, the price tag, and the feeling that we have some real question marks elsewhere we could use the cap for.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawk45":2asz8o0i said:
Maulbert":2asz8o0i said:
hawk45":2asz8o0i said:
Chemistry exists, sure, but so does pass rush. The defense was still awful before Dunlap. I’d be prepared to accept losing Adams’s fire for the picks and the cash to build a deeper pass rush up front and who knows, maybe find that leader in house.

Jesus Christ.
Fair enough.

How about corner?

Also, if we can get home with the front 4, why 15 mil for a guy who we targeted because we hadn’t addressed the pass rush last offseason?

Although if we do pay the tab for Adams, my hope is that the ability to get home without blitzing will give us the ability to be less predictable and obvious when blitzing him, which just might create some synergy that would make him more effective (and more frightening for opposing offenses).

I want to be excited for Adams, and I am at times, it’s more the injuries last year, the price tag, and the feeling that we have some real question marks elsewhere we could use the cap for.

You said nothing about corner. No, I wouldn't trade Adams for a corner. Adams is a 25 year old All-Pro. We won't get value for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":3bb67gmd said:
hawk45":3bb67gmd said:
Maulbert":3bb67gmd said:
hawk45":3bb67gmd said:

Jesus Christ.
Fair enough.

How about corner?

You said nothing about corner. No, I wouldn't trade Adams for a corner. Adams is a 25 year old All-Pro. We won't get value for him.

We have a shit ton of CB's being brought in to compete for well 5 positions, LCB,RCB,SLOT, we have some tweeners between Safety and Slot guys also like Blair and Amadi.

They are addressing it, just because they are not named Ramsey does not meant it is not being addressed.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm just tired of fans predicting that we won't make the NFC championship like it's a bold prediction.

The NFL has much more parity than most leagues, and the NFC has been very competitive at the top year in and year out. Our division looks as good top to bottom as it ever has, and if your dismal scenario includes the Seahawks losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs then you have a completely skewed viewed of how difficult it is to sustain winning in the NFL from season to season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ixth8hg said:
I'm just tired of fans predicting that we won't make the NFC championship like it's a bold prediction.

The NFL has much more parity than most leagues, and the NFC has been very competitive at the top year in and year out. Our division looks as good top to bottom as it ever has, and if your dismal scenario includes the Seahawks losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs then you have a completely skewed viewed of how difficult it is to sustain winning in the NFL from season to season.

When can we expect them to make it past the 2nd round?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":7u2kwumu said:
AgentDib":7u2kwumu said:

This is the year, Negative Nancy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":p1u6fkzg said:
Maulbert":p1u6fkzg said:
hawk45":p1u6fkzg said:

Jesus Christ.
Fair enough.

How about corner?

It's not like they didn't make an attempt to address the pass rush last off-season.

--Signed Bruce Irvin who had more than two times the sacks of any individual Seahawk in 2019.

--Signed Benson Mayowa who had two times the sacks of any individual Seahawk in 2019.

--Drafted Darrell Taylor in the 2nd round and Alton Robinson in the 4th.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
A lot happening in this thread.

Did we overpay for Adams? Yea
Should we trade him? No. He is a pro not a joe. It would be beyond stupid to trade him. Not resigning him after giving up so much for him would be even more stupid.
Why wouldn’t be stupid to trace him? We would either get draft picks that the front office would completely totally and inevitably waste or players that are projects, backups, or ranked in the bottom half of the league at the position which the sunshine pumpers will say will be “coached up” but won’t.
Will weever win 2 playoff games in the same postseason again under PC? Magic eight ball says 6 years is a trend and it just won’t happen again until there is a head coaching change.

I’ll wait for the inevitable stalker post from Maelstrom and the unattributed shadow editing of my comments by the mods.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":xrso6pz4 said:

Should we trade him? No. He is a pro not a joe. It would be beyond stupid to trade him. Not resigning him after giving up so much for him would be even more stupid.
Why wouldn’t be stupid to trace him? We would either get draft picks that the front office would completely totally and inevitably waste or players that are projects, backups, or ranked in the bottom half of the league at the position which the sunshine pumpers will say will be “coached up” but won’t.
Will weever win 2 playoff games in the same postseason again under PC? Magic eight ball says 6 years is a trend and it just won’t happen again until there is a head coaching change.

I’ll wait for the inevitable stalker post from Maelstrom and the unattributed shadow editing of my comments by the mods.

Here’s the deal:
Opinions are exactly that, OPINIONS

the problem comes down to folks posting/ voicing opinions as though they are FACT.
That situation just isn’t conducive to good conversation, and it almost always leads to bickering.

Most of us are guilty from time to time, some of us make a habit out of it.
IMHO, if “we” changed up our style just a bit .net could get back to being the best place on the internet to discuss Seahawk football.

Opinions are not fact, and both sides of the “argument” should take that into account.
This is a general observation/statement and it’s not directed specifically at you, you just happened to be the most recent post.

This place is ours to make of it what we can, if it’s a shit hole or the best ever, it’s on us as the membership.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Palmegranite":vihixzpp said:
pittpnthrs":vihixzpp said:
AgentDib":vihixzpp said:

This is the year, Negative Nancy.

Sure it is

Spohawks

Reaction score
Early in the offseason I was one of the people who was freaking out...I was the trade Russ, trade DK, trade Adams and everyone else who is worth 5 bucks. But now I know why I have no offers as an NFL GM.

I am so freaking happy and pumped for next season, this team is so much much better then the team that made the playoffs just a few months ago.

The picks they gave up for Adams is behind us and now we have the most dynamic saftey in the NFL. The dude was injured and broke the sack record...thats crazy! He doesn't give up big plays and he is quick to the tackle because of his speed.

Its dumb to trade elite players, proven talent is hard to come by!

AgentDib

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2jzc7g17 said:
Never. You probably aren't going to be thrown from a horse and buggy, win the lottery, come down with cholera, or get attacked by a dinosaur. Also, your NFL team probably isn't going to the championship game. Sorry to be the bearer of good and bad news.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ewzunne said:
AgentDib":2ewzunne said:

Making the NFC Championship is the same as making it past the 2nd round. Don't try to reframe the question to make your delusionally high expectations seem reasonable, Eeyore.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":55ihjqou said:
JayhawkMike":55ihjqou said:

Here’s the deal:
Opinions are exactly that, OPINIONS

the problem comes down to folks posting/ voicing opinions as though they are FACT.
That situation just isn’t conducive to good conversation, and it almost always leads to bickering.

Most of us are guilty from time to time, some of us make a habit out of it.
IMHO, if “we” changed up our style just a bit .net could get back to being the best place on the internet to discuss Seahawk football.

Opinions are not fact, and both sides of the “argument” should take that into account.
This is a general observation/statement and it’s not directed specifically at you, you just happened to be the most recent post.

This place is ours to make of it what we can, if it’s a $h!t hole or the best ever, it’s on us as the membership.

It's called "Overreacting", if someone's POINT OF VIEW doesn't seem to be "Catching On", they will use whatever off the script examples to bolster their argument (rationalize) with whatever they can come up with.
I know that I overreact to something that I see as condescending or childish (Narcissistic) because being a control freak is what they MUST DO.
I ALWAYS refer to the professionals, (experts) such as Pete Carroll, and or John Schneider, as THESE are the ones that they are ASSUMING (in their assessment) have porked the pooch, and it's hard for me to read their reasonings, (or un-reasonings) without some kind of rebuttal.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This is such BS. This isn’t a video game. These are actual living organisms that have to adapt to each other and their environment and you know they deal with things like injuries and real world distractions like the rest of us.

Besides Seahawks were definitely missing one of those most dangerous part of their defense. The fans. Adams is a ball of energy, I think he loves to create atmosphere whether getting a home crowd psyched up or the suck-the-air-out-of-the-stadium feeling of demoralizing an opponent’s opportunity. He’s a show-off.

Take the crowd away from any of the LOB defenses, it wouldn't feel the same. We have one of the best HFAs for a reason.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Trading away an absolute top player, game changer in the NFL in Adams is the same level of saying trade Russ... grass always greener mentality is complete sh*t especially with proven elite players as the focal point... those doing so must not have lived rural areas, grass was always greener over the septic tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":38ji2ls3 said:
Trading away an absolute top player, game changer in the NFL in Adams is the same level of saying trade Russ... grass always greener mentality is complete sh*t especially with proven elite players as the focal point... those doing so must not have lived rural areas, grass was always greener over the septic tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did the defense improve in 2020 with Adams over the previous season?

Give me two 1sts+3rd and use Adams' would-be salary to bring in a stud FA or two instead of the blitzing Safety please, especially when they just drafted Blair, and now have Neal.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
AgentDib":1hyd4b2n said:
pittpnthrs":1hyd4b2n said:
Never. You probably aren't going to be thrown from a horse and buggy, win the lottery, come down with cholera, or get attacked by a dinosaur. Also, your NFL team probably isn't going to the championship game. Sorry to be the bearer of good and bad news.

Never? You must be the poster boy for those fans that are perfectly content on those 1st and 2nd round losses in the postseason.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":14gmgony said:
pittpnthrs":14gmgony said:
AgentDib":14gmgony said:

Making the NFC Championship is the same as making it past the 2nd round. Don't try to reframe the question to make your delusionally high expectations seem reasonable, Eeyore.

What are you even going on about?