Your best Seahawk moments

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was there for all the best moments at home over the past two decades but I wasn't there for XLVIII which will eat at me for the rest of the days. But I was there for XL*. :censored: :censored: :censored:

One time my girlfriend and I were trying to get Seahawks players to sign a poster for a disabled 12 who lived in the midwest. This was the early days of .NET were we would do things like that as contest prizes, giveaways, etc. Anyways, it was raining and we were standing behind the Kingdome where the players came out to return to their cars after the games. Many players walked right by without stopping to sign anything. Jay Belamy even rubbed his arms up and down feigning how cold he was as he walked by, like we weren't? Standing there for a solid hour or more waiting...

Out comes Jon Kitna, who was the star of the game and he walked down and signed for just about everybody. When he got to us we said "Jon this is for a disabled fan would you mind signing it for him?" He simply said "I'll sign for anybody."

All class.

Another time former Center Robbie Tobeck was walking casually outside of the stadium after a game...I walked up to him and you would have thought I was an old friend. We chatted for a solid 10 minutes or so. Hell of a guy, couldn't be nicer.

In Cheney I shared a pitcher of beer with Punter Jeff Feagles. Hilarious dude. Said he wasn't afraid of Holmgren or his curfews, LOL.

Played basketball with Koren Robinson, Bobby Engram and Darrell Jackson in Bellevue at the gym I belonged to at the time. Koren busted out a 360 degree spin and slam dunk like it was nothing. I told them they better not injure themselves or I would be really pissed, lol.

Tons more stories but that's a start.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Oh and how could I forget this one?

Steve Largent gets payback on Mike Harden. This is legendary

[youtube]EYDBu2jLbuw[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
[youtube]5LZb1p8JGsw[/youtube]

Then there is the Ric Mirer getting Hotdogs for himself and Tez during a game from a vendor.

Threedee

Reaction score
The 2010 WC game, because I was partying with my friend in Belltown and having an absolute blast. The upset victory and the Beast Quake just made it all the more memorable. I was running my mouth with jokes that were landing, and keeping a table of people entertained. It was that moment when I got my 15 minutes of fame, because, I'm really just the lame nerd who tells dad jokes and never got invited to parties in HS. People who were meeting me for the first time got the impression that I was always the life of the party.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It may not have been a win that mattered at the time but in an important year, every win ultimately counted: Sherm's pick 6 against the Texans was a turning point for our Defense in a game that looked for 55 minutes like sure loss, and in a season that made the Legion of Boom a household name. (and didn't he lose a shoe in the process of getting away from the TE, before returning it to the EZ? What a moment in a big game!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
That first Wildcard playoff win vs the Broncos in 1983 has to get a mention. It was the 1st game I attended and it was a complete riot.
[youtube]V_XEMLPkFqE[/youtube]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Biggest 2 highlights for me have to be attending the 05 and 13 NFC championship games. In retrospect, pretty fortunate for me considering where I live. 2005 didn't;t have much drams as that game was well in hand early. I remember trying to prepare myself for the Niners scoring in 13 as they drove down the field, just preparing myself emotionally so that a loss wouldn't;'t be as bad a s stomach punch. Then it all happened so fast, the past to the end zone, tipped, then picked. Hugging total strangers who I had bcome good friends with over the course of 3 hours.

Another one I'll throw in here is an early season win over the Rams in 2003. I had only started making the trip to Seattle for games a few years earlier (1 per year) and to that point they were all losses, including the sharpie game. I didn't look good as the Hawks are down going into the 4th and to make it worse we were surrounded by Ram fans. But Hasselbeck leads them on a comeback and Koren Robinson of all people scores the game winner. Another weird thing about that game is Shaun Alexander not on the field the first couple of series, and this being before social media having no idea what was going on. Then we see him come running from the tunnel in full uniform and shortly thereafter the scoreboard flashes contrast to him and his wife on the birth of their first child.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ok I'll add another moment. Does this count?

[youtube]t2Hqe1zCGhk[/youtube]

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3b07w334 said:
That first Wildcard playoff win vs the Broncos in 1983 has to get a mention. It was the 1st game I attended and it was a complete riot.
[youtube]V_XEMLPkFqE[/youtube]

That was a fun video to watch. The half time stats made me laugh. Krieg finished 12-13 200 yards and 3 td

I wasn’t there for that game but watching football in the Kingdome is something I will never forget.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XLVIII
The tip game
NFCCG before XL*
NFCCG before 49

Favorite games I was at:

Largent decleating Mike Hardin

48-0 game vs KC where the Hawks had 4 or 5 70+ pick 6’s

Spohawks

Reaction score
Largent's 100th TD is my all time favorite NFL moment.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Occurred multiple times -- Marshawn Lynch slogging through the bodies of multiple defenders mauling him, yet he manages to stay on his feet, carrying them along like massive overstuffed burlap sacks, determined to pick up every possible inch on the play. Thrilled me every time it happened.

Maulbert

Reaction score
My favorite in person memory was the 2012 game against the 49ers at the Clink. We'd lost 4 straight to them, and just OBLITERATED them, 42-13. I will never forget the blocked field goal returned 90 yards by Sherman to put us up 21-0.

Also, a fond memory almost no one remembers is the Raiders game at Husky Stadium in 2000. The Raiders were cruising to the playoffs, 11-3 and primed for the #1 seed. The Hawks were awful in Holmgren's 2nd year, sitting at 5-9. With 2:40 left, the Hawks were down 24-19 facing a 2nd and 20 at their own 18 in the pouring rain. Ricky Watters busted through the line and was on his way to an 82 yard TD. Unfortunately, Charles Woodson just managed to knock the ball out of Watters arm at the Raiders 28. The ball flew forward and was recovered by Marquez Pope at the 2. He slid into the endzone on the rain-soaked field, and was touched down for a safety, giving Seattle 2 points and the ball. Jon Kitna then drove the Hawks down the field and threw a 9 yard TD pass to rookie Darrell Jackson with 33 seconds left, giving us a 27-24 victory. It handed the #1 seed to the Titans.

[youtube]hjezcIU_Xpw[/youtube]

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Ruminator":gsiad9ru said:
Occurred multiple times -- Marshawn Lynch slogging through the bodies of multiple defenders mauling him, yet he manages to stay on his feet, carrying them along like massive overstuffed burlap sacks, determined to pick up every possible inch on the play. Thrilled me every time it happened.

He truly was a beast. I would love to see a stat related to how many times Marshawn finished a play not being put to the ground. I feel like several times a game the whistle would blow and he was standing with a couple guys hanging off him.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Some great stuff here guys. I need moments though, a short sharp point in time where everything in the world is good because of what you have seen or experienced.

I plan to follow this up with best games and best players but as of right now its all about the brevity.

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":31k81n52 said:
Some great stuff here guys. I need moments though, a short sharp point in time where everything in the world is good because of what you have seen or experienced.

I plan to follow this up with best games and best players but as of right now its all about the brevity.

It's not just about sensational plays, we have as stated above many of those that each of us remembers, there are a lot of moments when we were not good as in playoff year after year that made us all gravitate to the Seahawks and embrace them. Things that were uniquely us, the Hotdogs, the Fake field goal and pass to a pudgy kicker, Bill the Beer man circling the Dome, Joe Nash countering the Bengals with fake injuries, the Elway trying to calm the crowd noise and appealing to the Officials, Boz's Shirt sales in Denver.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":svsa0eku said:
UK_Seahawk":svsa0eku said:

It's not just about sensational plays, we have as stated above many of those that each of us remembers, there are a lot of moments when we were not good as in playoff year after year that made us all gravitate to the Seahawks and embrace them. Things that were uniquely us, the Hotdogs, the Fake field goal and pass to a pudgy kicker, Bill the Beer man circling the Dome, Joe Nash countering the Bengals with fake injuries, the Elway trying to calm the crowd noise and appealing to the Officials, Boz's Shirt sales in Denver.

I literally said at the start it wasn't just about individual plays. Whole games aren't moments unless they provide a backdrop to a moment. Like the Paul Skansi example.

massari

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2jabvpoj said:
We tend to want to forget the 2005 Seahawks because of Superbowl XL, but that team deserves more respect.

Making the first Superbowl in franchise history after beating Carolina was a top moment. Shaun and Matt holding the NFC Championship trophy at midfield was a first in team history. At that time, forgetting what happens 2 weeks later, was an awesome moment.

[youtube]Er-StTmHrGA[/youtube]

Also from that season, Hasselbeck sliding into the endzone to take down the (at the time) Redskins is a great memory. This was from the 2005 divisional round, and was our first playoff victory since 1984. That's 21 years without a playoff win before Matt put the team on his shoulders. Shaun Alexander was injured early in this game with a concussion. It's at the 2:40 mark.

[youtube]0V-4N3RWfUI[/youtube]

Other honorable mentions:

Romo dropping the field goal snap 2006 wildcard

[youtube]uPuhwAIzrYk[/youtube]

Blair Walsh missed field goal 2015 wildcard

[youtube]Mb_eXyhlHaA[/youtube]

Shaun Alexander 5 TDs in first half vs Vikings from September 29, 2002

[youtube]51s7Aqf_llY[/youtube]

Kam Chancellor takes Vernon Davis' soul December 23, 2012

[youtube]78qF72JwJwA[/youtube]
Thanks for sharing all that. Most of it was before my time, and never knew that Romo fumble happened lol

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
OK going for specific plays here's one for me from the Washington playoff game in 2005:
-Draw play on 3rd down (I think) to Mack Strong late in the 4th that got a first down and into fg range that iced that game. My first ever playoff game, and that moment of knowing they were going to win and I'd be be coming back a week later for the NFCCG.

BASF

Reaction score
The moment is more personal than anything, as I had chosen the Seahawks as my team when I was six after having moved to the bay area (Niners and Raiders territory) from outside of Buffalo and they had a hard fought win in 1980 against the Chiefs early in the season. I liked how scrappy they were. Most of my friends had a lot of jokes about the Seachickens as the Raiders pretty much owned us for the following seasons, but along came 1983. In the first game, Shelton Robinson recovered a fumble and took it in for a touchdown. It was that moment when I believed we were going to get the monkey off our backs in the division and take the next step. Warner scored a touchdown a few minutes later to seal the victory (of course in typical Seahawks fashion, it wasn't that cut and dry as the Raiders scored two more touchdowns in garbage time to make it closer than it actually was). It was so good being able to smack talk my friends for the week.