Predict the Hawks record now that the schedule is out

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you look around at other NFL teams reversion to the mean plays a huge role. Good teams get pulled downwards due to losing coaches, having poor draft capital and the fixed salary cap, while bad teams get buoyed up by the same factors. The huge underlying randomness in key injuries, key officiating calls, turnovers, and single plays here and there balances out over time and a 10 win team one year may win 6 the next due to nothing but a change in luck.

The Rams went from 13 wins to 9 wins. The 49ers went from 4 wins to 13 wins to 6 wins. The Texans went from 4 wins to 11 wins to 10 wins to 4 wins. The Packers went from 6 wins to 13 wins. For a while there was a trend that at least one division winner would place 4th, and at least one 4th place team would win the division the following year. NFL teams yo-yo up and down by design and they load up on good draft capital and then succeed and are pulled back down by limited draft capital.

At this point in the off-season it looks like the NFC West has four really good teams in it. I don't see the Hawks as more talented on paper than the others and and it's tough for me to see that our expected record should be any better than 9-8.

I understand why people tend to be optimistic. The Hawks have a really good track record of defying expectations and staying good every year, and so at some point expecting them to be a playoff team feels inevitable despite all the adversity. The NFL is rigged against maintaining success, and I think it's more likely that we have a down year or two in the near future than that we continue making the playoffs.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
11-6 or 12-5. I think the Oline is stronger and we will start with a bit better pass rush. Concerned with CB and LB. Believe the offense will be better with new coordinator, but may take a game or two to get rolling. I think it is a wash with running game, TE looks better. I don't see that any of the NFCW really got better except maybe Rams at QB.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
It just seems like a rough up front and steady throughout. Son and I do a prediction sheet in May, mid-summer, and right before week 1. I’m just not sold on the fact that everyone is playing nice in the sandbox yet (and maybe never this season). Hopefully having fans back in the stadium will give us an advantage as we could alter a couple games as I’ve think we’ve lost the home crowd intimidation for whatever reason. I’m pumped for the season but think it might be a helluva journey considering the off season, etc. I’m charging the AED already. All that to say we will be 10-7 in my first prediction. Excited to be in Indy for the opener. Go Hawks!

Own The West

Reaction score
I'm thinking 13-4. Split with the Rams, drop the Jags game looking ahead to the Packers, reverse split with the Cards (because we always have weird matchups with them), and one random game we should have had.

The difference this year is going to be depth. We have the deepest bench at every position except maybe LB since the Super bowl season.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks should go 3-3 in the division again . But after that , the entire schedule looks tough especially the away games .

raisethe3

Reaction score
15-2 or 14-3. Losses to Rams and Cardinals. Maybe Green Bay too if Aaron Rodgers comes back.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm going 10-7 or hopefully 11-6. Our division is just too darn tough, especially if Stafford gels and the Niners D returns to form. Pete is still Pete and as good as a leader and HC that he is, I still see him mismanaging some crucial in game decisions that could cost a game or two we should have won.

zhawk

Reaction score
14-3. Russ has a banner year throwing It all over the yard and finally becomes the mvp. :irishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We all could do a better job of this if we had some Pre-season games under our belt. I say that we win our Division once again....most likely with a 12-5 record. :2thumbs:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Our schedule is absolutely brutal. I find it hard to look at first 6 games alone and guarantee a win outright purely on match-up alone. This is easily one of the hardest preseason record predictions to pick before seeing how the opponents perform this coming year. 0-6 with that schedule is feasible. Do I think that is going to happen, hell no but just looking at it and way we can come out at times it has legitimate possibility and thats what makes it so tough. Everyone, many on here, wrote us off last year and still racked up 12 wins. No one has us in the picture or talking about us this year, I love it! That’s when we perform at top, add the chip on the shoulder. Pulled 12 out last year and this team will be well more more rounded. I’m saying 11-6. I don’t all of whats games will lead to that because there is going to be sooo many close ones that can go either way. Going to be a super heart attack ‘Hawk season for sure. A 11-6 record this year will be a way bigger accomplishment that the 12-4 season from the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
11 wins

Wildcard playoff berth.

Loses against divisional opponent in playoffs.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
12-4-1. Think we tie a division game. It’s really tough to say at this moment. But if this new offense takes off then who knows. Could also go 10-7. But I doubt any less than that. If we go .500 or less I would be shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk