Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks almost have to set up two audience areas because of the presence of kids under 12 alone. Those kids--really any unvaccinated person--rely on masking and distancing to protect them.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3osc46d5 said:
The Hawks almost have to set up two audience areas because of the presence of kids under 12 alone. Those kids--really any unvaccinated person--rely on masking and distancing to protect them.

Again, the science doesn’t back up wearing a mask outside. In Oregon the goal is 60% of people over 16. They aren’t even forcing the issue for kids under 16, since they have such a low chance of even having symptoms. According to a years worth of evidence, we should be able to play football outdoors, with no issues. Set up social distancing while getting food, or using the bathrooms. Even wear mask there. But there is no proof that segregation of vaccinated and non vaccinated is needed.

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":oer8m5jn said:
I expect the vaccine to be approved for the under 12 crowd by September. Book it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":3ppec5rc said:
SantaClaraHawk":3ppec5rc said:

Again, the science doesn’t back up wearing a mask outside. In Oregon the goal is 60% of people over 16. They aren’t even forcing the issue for kids under 16, since they have such a low chance of even having symptoms. According to a years worth of evidence, we should be able to play football outdoors, with no issues. Set up social distancing while getting food, or using the bathrooms. Even wear mask there. But there is no proof that segregation of vaccinated and non vaccinated is needed.

Even if the game's outdoors, people spend considerable amounts of time and money in the indoor parts of a stadium, mostly buying stuff. The Hawks could adroitly manage this by providing a place for kids and parents to sit distanced while setting up outdoor, kid-friendly souvenir and snack carts in that area. Safe and actually compliant with present CDC guidelines.

I bet that a lot of parents would actually appreciate a separate space as opposed to crowding in with a bunch of adults--some who may or may not have a heat on going--and yelling without masks. And I'd feel more comfortable yelling without one without seeing a little kid there whose decision wasn't his to be there.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Season ticket holder from Canada here. I’m still hoping they open the border in time for the season. I’ll be vaccinated by then and imagine I might need proof to cross, let alone attend games.

Shot is no big deal. I’ve done a full rabies vaccine regimen and that was far worse (and FDA approved shockingly)

pmedic920

Reaction score
olyfan63":1fcmmfu0 said:
Yup, this topic is quite the intersection of everything and in the main forum, I think appropriately, given it affects anyone who might want to attend a game in person. Using attendance at public events to try to coerce people into allowing injection of an inadequately tested, and potentially damaging biological agent is inherently political. It's also being pushed by (some) politicians.

I do thank you for keeping it civil.

The part of this I find perplexing is, those that quote the “inadequately tested” reason for not getting vaccinated.
Makes me wonder just how perfect they are in other health related aspects of their lives.
What risks do they take with their personal health?

Do they Smoke ?
Do they exercise regularly?
Do they wear seatbelts when traveling on the roads, or wear a helmet when they skateboard?
Are they sure that everything else they ingest/consume has been “adequately tested”?
Etc etc.

Me thinks probably not.

chrispy

Reaction score
Some people are scared of a pandemic virus that has killed millions of people worldwide and altered history. If not scared for themselves, scared that they could inadvertently pass that virus to someone else and cause irreparable harm.

Some other people are more scared of a scientifically developed, tested and professionally endorsed vaccine that has already saved 10s of thousands of lives and is coveted in many parts of the world.

Seems about right....

You have every right to avoid vaccination. However, if you make that choice, you should also choose to mask and keep socially distant for the safety of those who can't vaccinate. We'll be happy to see you again at herd immunity.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The SF Giants have updated the guidance based on guidance from SF.

Now, you can get into ballpark general seating without proof of a vax or a test. You however have to sit socially distanced by group and wear masks.t

Or you request to be put in the "fully vaccinated" section where you do not have to be distanced but still have to wear masks.

They are widely expected to let vaxed people go unmasked after the state mandate for masks expires 6/15.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Just booked my second shot so I'll be fully immunized by June 2nd. Hopefully I'll get some proof that Washington State will accept since I'm a Canadian STH.

I'll probably sell my Preseason tickets and that gives the US and Canada an extra month to open the border and sort out the vaccine issue before I come down.

Hopefully both BC and Washington will have high enough vax rates that both sides are fine with a free and open border sans quarantine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm curious if they will make us show the card or if it will be fine to take a photo of it and show it on the phone. For the M's vaccination sections, they allowed my friend and his wife to show a photo of their cards. They put a wristband on them after showing proof. It gives you access to the Pen as well.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Will be a challenge to input an efficient system of reviewing documentation for legitimacy. Unless they're fine with approving a certain % of fakes.

People can be vaccinated without putting forth personal information as well. Part of the incentive to actually get people vaccinated was to allow people to do so anonymously. How are they going to provide proof? Pretty messed up to promise that to people but not tell them they'll never able to return to society even though they're completely vaccinated and should be.

I want people to get vaccinated. But this won't work, and it's unnecessary. We can do better than this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3o6wfz61 said:
Will be a challenge to input an efficient system of reviewing documentation for legitimacy. Unless they're fine with approving a certain % of fakes.

People can be vaccinated without putting forth personal information as well. Part of the incentive to actually get people vaccinated was to allow people to do so anonymously. How are they going to provide proof? Pretty messed up to promise that to people but not tell them they'll never able to return to society even though they're completely vaccinated and should be.

I want people to get vaccinated. But this won't work, and it's unnecessary. We can do better than this.

I honestly don't think the Seahawks care about the very small percentage of people who might try to show fraudulent vaccine cards or proof of vaccination.

The large majority of people who have been vaccinated can go to the games without a mask, that's incentive enough to try to get to full capacity by September, which is the goal.

Do better? Just get vaccinated. We're now six months into the vaccines, no reason whatsovever to not do it other than emotional or political stubbornness.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Not sure how this will work for us Canadians since they're not really considering a "vaccine passport" at this time.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zf6505h said:
Do better? Just get vaccinated. We're now six months into the vaccines, no reason whatsovever to not do it other than emotional or political stubbornness.

I'm waiting for the FDA to approve them (none are). Just read yesterday that there are reports of the Pfizer vaccine causing heart inflammation.

Theres plenty of reasons not to do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3kz14j8v said:
Sgt. Largent":3kz14j8v said:

I'm waiting for the FDA to approve them (none are). Just read yesterday that there are reports of the Pfizer vaccine causing heart inflammation.

Like any vaccine, it was a predictable adverse event in a handful of young people far below the normal adverse event predictable side effects.

And the FDA has NEVER approved any vaccine, medicine or treatment while it's in it's emergency status phase.

Again, until there's evidence showing the side effects are outside the normal adverse ranges then, especially for healthy adults, there's no reason not to get it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1z6u4que said:
pittpnthrs":1z6u4que said:
Sgt. Largent":1z6u4que said:

Like any vaccine, it was a predictable adverse event in a handful of young people far below the normal adverse event predictable side effects.

And the FDA has NEVER approved any vaccine, medicine or treatment while it's in it's emergency status phase.

Again, until there's evidence showing the side effects are outside the normal adverse ranges then, especially for healthy adults, there's no reason not to get it.

Then why beat up on the people who want more testing done until its approved?

Evidence? They are still collecting that arent they? I'll wait. Besides, why are people that are already vaccinated so worried about what other people do? Seems like there isnt a lot of confidence in a vaccine thats being defended so harshly by the ones that have gotten it. If your already vaccinated, go about your life. There shouldnt be anything to worry about right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":vv89uu41 said:
Sgt. Largent":vv89uu41 said:
pittpnthrs":vv89uu41 said:
Sgt. Largent":vv89uu41 said:

Evidence? They are still collecting that arent they? I'll wait. Besides, why are people that are already vaccinated so worried about what other people do? Seems like there isnt a lot of confidence in a vaccine thats being defended so harshly by the ones that have gotten it. If your already vaccinated, go about your life. There shouldnt be anything to worry about right?

I am vaccinated, and yep I am going about my life.

This thread is about the Seahawks wanting fans to be vaccinated to attend games so that they can get to full capacity to maximize ticket sales. I have no problem with that, the rest of us who are vaccinated will indeed move on with getting back to normalcy, while you and others can wait. Certainly your prerogative.

Just don't complain about it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20asyft1 said:
pittpnthrs":20asyft1 said:
Sgt. Largent":20asyft1 said:
pittpnthrs":20asyft1 said:

I am vaccinated, and yep I am going about my life.

This thread is about the Seahawks wanting fans to be vaccinated to attend games so that they can get to full capacity to maximize ticket sales. I have no problem with that, the rest of us who are vaccinated will indeed move on with getting back to normalcy, while you and others can wait. Certainly your prerogative.

Just don't complain about it.

No complaints here. I've already been back to normalcy for some time now. Anyways, the whole being vaccinated to go to a football game premise is so flawed that its hard not to laugh. Masked and unmasked areas, people meeting in the bathrooms and concourses, meeting in the parking lot, hanging out at the bars, phone pictures of vaccination cards to get in that anybody with a computer or cell phone can dupe, etc,,,,. Good luck to them. This isnt the Mariners, this is the Seahawks. If the city, state, or NFL says they can be at full capacity, those tickets will be sold regardless if people are vaccinated or not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2yeow4mg said:
If the city, state, or NFL says they can be at full capacity, those tickets will be sold regardless if people are vaccinated or not.

If someone wants to go through the lengths it takes to get a fake vaccine card or proof of vaccination in order to attend a football game?

More power to them.

But to laugh is short sighted, incentivizing getting vaccinated is working all across the country, this is is just one small piece of it.