Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I'm extremely low risk being in a good age bracket, physically healthy, in shape, and already having covid last year, which was basically the flu for me personally. Because of all that I wasn't planning to get vaxxed due to the potential long term effects, but was pretty much forced. Getting the vax was way worse than covid for me btw.

    Aside from possible serious adverse reactions some are experiencing already, It'll take at least a couple of years to see any long term effects from the vaccine, so I completely understand why some are hesitant/reluctant to get it.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1814
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


  • No one's changing anyone's mind around here about getting the vax. And the Hawks like any other team are keyed into having fans in every single seat next year.

    Everyone will have to decide for themselves, because something very major would have to happen to change either of those facts.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Weighing the pros and cons on a personal level is a great way to make most decisions. Should you buy that car? How far should you live from work? The common mistake issue I see in this thread is that people are applying that same personal logic to a population issue where it no longer works. There are some cases in life where we are all better off if we zoom out and take a macro view on an issue.

    You are personally better off if you throw your own garbage out of your car window when travelling in unfamiliar areas. However, we recognize that there is a tragedy of the commons effect at play and if everybody did that then we would be worse off as a society. Hence, almost all of us are supportive of things like fines against littering that restrict personal freedoms - so long as we agree that the outcome is better for society. Most of our laws are restricting your freedom in one way or another.

    Simply put, life is far better in 2021 without having to worry about deadly infectious diseases such as smallpox, measles, yellow fever, the spanish flu, typhoid fever, cholera, polio, and scarlet fever. Nature is always trying to murder us, and there's a pretty good chance that you are alive to read this right now because previous generations got the vaccines to not only reduce those diseases in scope but to largely eradicate them. Getting the vaccine isn't about whether it makes sense for you personally, but whether your slice of society is better off if everybody is vaccinated. It's not about you.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4525
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • chris98251 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:See, the problem there is that most people who don't want a vaccination are stupid, and most stupid people don't even wear their masks correctly, which requires covering the mouth AND nose. So...how effective is making the idiots wear masks, ultimately?


    And theres that elitist attitude and name calling that keeps it all political. If a person has had the shots, they should have nothing more to worry about right? If people want to be real SJW's, they should stand out in front of the big pharmas protesting as to why insulin, chemo, and other medications arent free instead of the constant whining about people that dont share their opinions and beliefs.


    You still don't understand how vaccines work I take it..................


    The experimental treatment of mRNA is not a vaccine. If you take the shots you are not immune, you will still be infectious, and will shed spike proteins. Those who do not take the shot should be wearing masks to protect themselves from those who have..
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:See, the problem there is that most people who don't want a vaccination are stupid, and most stupid people don't even wear their masks correctly, which requires covering the mouth AND nose. So...how effective is making the idiots wear masks, ultimately?


    And theres that elitist attitude and name calling that keeps it all political. If a person has had the shots, they should have nothing more to worry about right? If people want to be real SJW's, they should stand out in front of the big pharmas protesting as to why insulin, chemo, and other medications arent free instead of the constant whining about people that dont share their opinions and beliefs.


    For me, I'm fully confident that I won't be hospitalized or die from covid with the vax. I would think that more people would sign up to protect them. I mean, California is giving out free $50 cards with each vax for the next couple weeks.

    And see, with you, I literally wouldn't care if it were just us adults. I see it as you wanting to hide among us and getting away with it contrary to CDC advice, but we all know at this point that any distanced and masked, versus vax only seating, would only mean that you'd come in and sit with us if they don't check. Which is going to be the vast number of situations.

    What I worry about are the children, specifically the 11s and unders. See, they can't get vaxed and if they bring their kid around any screaming people, then they're going to have to worry about who might not be vaxed, not that they're going to be able to tell.

    So I'd echo what other posters said. Your choice to skip the vax is largely accepted as your own. But it is because of the vax that the case counts have plummeted as they have. It is because of them that we're all not sitting here wondering whether anyone will go to games in their physical self, as opposed to a cardboard cutout.

    You get a freebie, you know. You will be safer intermingling with us, because realistically the odds that you will give us a case of covid that we can't shake goes down. These vaxed immunocompromised/elderly who are there, at this point that would be their adult decision and the caring I did was to get the vax so I wouldn't be The One. Not just the one to get, but the one to give.

    Children have no choice, and to ban anyone under 12 for what's traditionally a family day would be disastrous. So like I and others have said, I really hope you decide to wear a mask around them even if the government is not breathing down your neck. Because unlike us adults, they are in exactly the same immunological position that you are, and they cannot help it.


    Kids under 12 and up can get a vaccine now, they are still working on things for under 12 , we have made tremendous progress even having 1 vaccine let alone what we have now. They are testing what dosage now could be given to younger kids. That takes time, if people die as an adults it's a choice they make, when it gets to kids especially very young ones people will go off the rails. People need to be patient, a very lacking quality in a lot of 40 and unders these days.


    Children 17 and under are at greater risk from the treatment than from the virus. Add on that there is no proven case of children passing an infection on to others on record. Children do not need s shot, the only ones that needed special care were those over age 60 and those who had health issues.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 pm


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    HawkNuts wrote:I’ve got to worry about my kids because of people like you. You’re selfish and your proud of it. We get it.

    pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    You still don't understand how vaccines work I take it..................


    Sure I do. People in this thread are sure to remind everyone at least one time a page. Why ask though? Was it the part where the vaccinated should have nothing to worry about?


    Oh trust me, some of the vaxed do. I just went through a situation where the FMIL was partially vaxed and the other one fully vaxed with J&J both got it. the tl;dr of this is that they would have been at severe risk of dying, both of them, on a covid ward where no one's allowed to visit--masks or not, vaccine or not, until the medical professionals have decided that death is emergent. Then you get to see them with full ppe and hold their hand through a glove for what will be the last time.

    Instead, none of this happened. I have explained the statistical odds and reasons why it did happen to them. They are not representative of the general population. But they are adults same as me, so I really have nothing to say if they do elect to go to a Giants game, or 49ers game, or whatever. I mean, they're functionally cognitive and at this point, that 'd be fully an adult risk. Go crazy or not, it's your decision.

    My ask is, like the other guy, just mask up if you don't want to take the vax when you see these 11 and below children. They are intrinsically helpless. It really wasn't their independent choice to be there. It will be a big deal to those parents if you're the 1 in 5, 1 in 4 or whatever who infects people who can't even be vaxed yet. It will be a bigger deal if some school has to shut down because now there's an outbreak. Wear the mask or stay home, those are the only two moral choices here.



    Children are not at risk from the virus, just from the shot.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 pm


  • jeremiah wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    HawkNuts wrote:I’ve got to worry about my kids because of people like you. You’re selfish and your proud of it. We get it.

    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sure I do. People in this thread are sure to remind everyone at least one time a page. Why ask though? Was it the part where the vaccinated should have nothing to worry about?


    Oh trust me, some of the vaxed do. I just went through a situation where the FMIL was partially vaxed and the other one fully vaxed with J&J both got it. the tl;dr of this is that they would have been at severe risk of dying, both of them, on a covid ward where no one's allowed to visit--masks or not, vaccine or not, until the medical professionals have decided that death is emergent. Then you get to see them with full ppe and hold their hand through a glove for what will be the last time.

    Instead, none of this happened. I have explained the statistical odds and reasons why it did happen to them. They are not representative of the general population. But they are adults same as me, so I really have nothing to say if they do elect to go to a Giants game, or 49ers game, or whatever. I mean, they're functionally cognitive and at this point, that 'd be fully an adult risk. Go crazy or not, it's your decision.

    My ask is, like the other guy, just mask up if you don't want to take the vax when you see these 11 and below children. They are intrinsically helpless. It really wasn't their independent choice to be there. It will be a big deal to those parents if you're the 1 in 5, 1 in 4 or whatever who infects people who can't even be vaxed yet. It will be a bigger deal if some school has to shut down because now there's an outbreak. Wear the mask or stay home, those are the only two moral choices here.



    Children are not at risk from the virus, just from the shot.


    Oh is that why someone in here has a family member who is less than 1 year old suffering from covid related organ failure?
    Children absolutely can have severe covid symptoms, it is just a lot less common.
    Hollandhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 314
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 pm


  • Children are not at risk from this Virus? They are just somehow immune??? :?
    That is a beyond ridiculous statement.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17446
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • jeremiah wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:See, the problem there is that most people who don't want a vaccination are stupid, and most stupid people don't even wear their masks correctly, which requires covering the mouth AND nose. So...how effective is making the idiots wear masks, ultimately?


    And theres that elitist attitude and name calling that keeps it all political. If a person has had the shots, they should have nothing more to worry about right? If people want to be real SJW's, they should stand out in front of the big pharmas protesting as to why insulin, chemo, and other medications arent free instead of the constant whining about people that dont share their opinions and beliefs.


    You still don't understand how vaccines work I take it..................


    The experimental treatment of mRNA is not a vaccine. If you take the shots you are not immune, you will still be infectious, and will shed spike proteins. Those who do not take the shot should be wearing masks to protect themselves from those who have..


    Holy $h!t, the ignorance/misinformation is out of control. Even if you shed spike protein, it’s not the coronavirus! It cannot replicate and infect a host. Scientific illiteracy at its finest.
    Hollandhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 314
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 pm


  • Just read the best quote i've seen in a long time =

    'No one will admit they let fear lead their home last year. Especially the ones who criticize the people who didnt.'
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2246
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • pittpnthrs wrote:Just read the best quote i've seen in a long time =

    'No one will admit they let fear lead their home last year. Especially the ones who criticize the people who didnt.'


    People were following public health mandates blessed by the government. The whole NFL and pretty much every business was. Plus going out in 2020 was a hassle in itself.

    The stats dropped so far so fast because of people who chose differently from you, approaching 80 percent in Seattle.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Pitt,

    I get the sentiment. And it makes no sense to call people stupid for not getting the shot. Calling people stupid just makes them angry and defensive.

    You shared your concerns, which make sense too.

    But here is the thing, this is worse. And this perception that we are in the clear isn't true.

    One of the girls in a different group at work got Covid. 4 weeks ago. (actually, 3 people in that small group got it). She is now what they call 'a long hauler'...that means permanent issues with severe neurological issues that will likely plague her for her life. She cannot even work anymore. She will probably need medical care for the rest of her life unless they figure out how to cure the 'long haul' patients.

    Another girl in the same group got it (likely from the LH girl) and had severe respiratory symptoms (like needing a ventilator). She got the bad version too but at least not the LH.

    These were healthy women in their 30s before they got sick. Not old people in a risk category. No other risk issues.

    This is in Seattle, not some other location. Recently. It isn't gone. Not sure why they didn't get the shots. Sure she will blame herself for that decision for the rest of her life.

    The chances of that happening are low, but my god if you get that roll of the die it is awful. Nothing is worth that kind of long-term nightmare. Maybe there are risks long-term for a small % on the shots, but there are long-term lasting risks in not getting it too.

    If you show up to the games, I am sure you will wear a mask and do the other stuff if you don't get the shots. But as someone that experienced this crud, both as observer and first hand...it isn't worth the risk. At least think about it.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5009
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • Hollandhawk wrote:
    jeremiah wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    HawkNuts wrote:I’ve got to worry about my kids because of people like you. You’re selfish and your proud of it. We get it.



    Oh trust me, some of the vaxed do. I just went through a situation where the FMIL was partially vaxed and the other one fully vaxed with J&J both got it. the tl;dr of this is that they would have been at severe risk of dying, both of them, on a covid ward where no one's allowed to visit--masks or not, vaccine or not, until the medical professionals have decided that death is emergent. Then you get to see them with full ppe and hold their hand through a glove for what will be the last time.

    Instead, none of this happened. I have explained the statistical odds and reasons why it did happen to them. They are not representative of the general population. But they are adults same as me, so I really have nothing to say if they do elect to go to a Giants game, or 49ers game, or whatever. I mean, they're functionally cognitive and at this point, that 'd be fully an adult risk. Go crazy or not, it's your decision.

    My ask is, like the other guy, just mask up if you don't want to take the vax when you see these 11 and below children. They are intrinsically helpless. It really wasn't their independent choice to be there. It will be a big deal to those parents if you're the 1 in 5, 1 in 4 or whatever who infects people who can't even be vaxed yet. It will be a bigger deal if some school has to shut down because now there's an outbreak. Wear the mask or stay home, those are the only two moral choices here.



    Children are not at risk from the virus, just from the shot.


    Oh is that why someone in here has a family member who is less than 1 year old suffering from covid related organ failure?
    Children absolutely can have severe covid symptoms, it is just a lot less common.


    It was my Nephews son, his brother was the other severe reaction with Organ failure.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35865
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • TwistedHusky wrote:Pitt,

    I get the sentiment. And it makes no sense to call people stupid for not getting the shot. Calling people stupid just makes them angry and defensive.

    You shared your concerns, which make sense too.

    But here is the thing, this is worse. And this perception that we are in the clear isn't true.

    One of the girls in a different group at work got Covid. 4 weeks ago. (actually, 3 people in that small group got it). She is now what they call 'a long hauler'...that means permanent issues with severe neurological issues that will likely plague her for her life. She cannot even work anymore. She will probably need medical care for the rest of her life unless they figure out how to cure the 'long haul' patients.

    Another girl in the same group got it (likely from the LH girl) and had severe respiratory symptoms (like needing a ventilator). She got the bad version too but at least not the LH.

    These were healthy women in their 30s before they got sick. Not old people in a risk category. No other risk issues.

    This is in Seattle, not some other location. Recently. It isn't gone. Not sure why they didn't get the shots. Sure she will blame herself for that decision for the rest of her life.

    The chances of that happening are low, but my god if you get that roll of the die it is awful. Nothing is worth that kind of long-term nightmare. Maybe there are risks long-term for a small % on the shots, but there are long-term lasting risks in not getting it too.

    If you show up to the games, I am sure you will wear a mask and do the other stuff if you don't get the shots. But as someone that experienced this crud, both as observer and first hand...it isn't worth the risk. At least think about it.


    Understand everything your saying and i'm certain i'll end up getting the shots as soon as a bit more research has been done and the FDA ends up approving them. The biggest point i'm trying to make is that every person should have a choice whether to get the shot or not and shouldnt have to feel bad or criticized by the choice that they make. Its a shame that the 30 year old has long term issues now, but it was her choice and she made it. Its a shame some have issues after getting the shots, but its their choice and they made it. 50% of the United States havent gotten the shots and its not because they cant (every street corner has a place that offers them), its because they chose not to. Respect their decisions as I respect the decisions of the ones that have gotten it. Thats all.

    Until things get a bit more sorted, i'll continue to mask up and use precautions. Wife and I are getting away this weekend. We rented a house instead of staying at a Hotel. The house owner stated their little town is open 100%, but we'll still eat outside if the restaurants seem crowded and so forth. There is no denial the issue is real, but i'm not going to lock myself in my house. I'm still going to live my life even without getting the shots yet. Thats my choice.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2246
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • That's fair.

    It doesn't feel reasonable or right to take people to task for not getting the shots if they are being courteous fans and citizens, taking precautions when around others.

    Just don't like to see good people get hammered by this crud. Asking you to at least think about it felt fair too.

    Let's hope you are wrong about the numbers. The last we checked, Seattle was close to 70%, we need it there or 80% if possible. Nationally shooting for 70%-80% vax rate probably puts this in the rearview mirror.

    50% would leave too many open doors for it to come back. Nobody should want that.

    Glad the Seahawks are doing their part on this. We need it gone.

    But the perception this is no longer much risk isn't correct. Lower risk, sure. But it isn't worth it if you get it.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5009
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Pitt,

    I get the sentiment. And it makes no sense to call people stupid for not getting the shot. Calling people stupid just makes them angry and defensive.

    You shared your concerns, which make sense too.

    But here is the thing, this is worse. And this perception that we are in the clear isn't true.

    One of the girls in a different group at work got Covid. 4 weeks ago. (actually, 3 people in that small group got it). She is now what they call 'a long hauler'...that means permanent issues with severe neurological issues that will likely plague her for her life. She cannot even work anymore. She will probably need medical care for the rest of her life unless they figure out how to cure the 'long haul' patients.

    Another girl in the same group got it (likely from the LH girl) and had severe respiratory symptoms (like needing a ventilator). She got the bad version too but at least not the LH.

    These were healthy women in their 30s before they got sick. Not old people in a risk category. No other risk issues.

    This is in Seattle, not some other location. Recently. It isn't gone. Not sure why they didn't get the shots. Sure she will blame herself for that decision for the rest of her life.

    The chances of that happening are low, but my god if you get that roll of the die it is awful. Nothing is worth that kind of long-term nightmare. Maybe there are risks long-term for a small % on the shots, but there are long-term lasting risks in not getting it too.

    If you show up to the games, I am sure you will wear a mask and do the other stuff if you don't get the shots. But as someone that experienced this crud, both as observer and first hand...it isn't worth the risk. At least think about it.


    Understand everything your saying and i'm certain i'll end up getting the shots as soon as a bit more research has been done and the FDA ends up approving them. The biggest point i'm trying to make is that every person should have a choice whether to get the shot or not and shouldnt have to feel bad or criticized by the choice that they make. Its a shame that the 30 year old has long term issues now, but it was her choice and she made it. Its a shame some have issues after getting the shots, but its their choice and they made it. 50% of the United States havent gotten the shots and its not because they cant (every street corner has a place that offers them), its because they chose not to. Respect their decisions as I respect the decisions of the ones that have gotten it. Thats all.

    Until things get a bit more sorted, i'll continue to mask up and use precautions. Wife and I are getting away this weekend. We rented a house instead of staying at a Hotel. The house owner stated their little town is open 100%, but we'll still eat outside if the restaurants seem crowded and so forth. There is no denial the issue is real, but i'm not going to lock myself in my house. I'm still going to live my life even without getting the shots yet. Thats my choice.
    I absolutely agree 100% without question that getting vs not getting the vaccine should be an individual choice.

    In this particular thread, it’s comes down to the logic/driving force involved in the decision making process that comes into play.

    Freedoms are enjoyed as individuals,they are obtained and maintained as a group.

    It’s the well being of said “group” we are talking about here.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • pmedic920 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Pitt,

    I get the sentiment. And it makes no sense to call people stupid for not getting the shot. Calling people stupid just makes them angry and defensive.

    You shared your concerns, which make sense too.

    But here is the thing, this is worse. And this perception that we are in the clear isn't true.

    One of the girls in a different group at work got Covid. 4 weeks ago. (actually, 3 people in that small group got it). She is now what they call 'a long hauler'...that means permanent issues with severe neurological issues that will likely plague her for her life. She cannot even work anymore. She will probably need medical care for the rest of her life unless they figure out how to cure the 'long haul' patients.

    Another girl in the same group got it (likely from the LH girl) and had severe respiratory symptoms (like needing a ventilator). She got the bad version too but at least not the LH.

    These were healthy women in their 30s before they got sick. Not old people in a risk category. No other risk issues.

    This is in Seattle, not some other location. Recently. It isn't gone. Not sure why they didn't get the shots. Sure she will blame herself for that decision for the rest of her life.

    The chances of that happening are low, but my god if you get that roll of the die it is awful. Nothing is worth that kind of long-term nightmare. Maybe there are risks long-term for a small % on the shots, but there are long-term lasting risks in not getting it too.

    If you show up to the games, I am sure you will wear a mask and do the other stuff if you don't get the shots. But as someone that experienced this crud, both as observer and first hand...it isn't worth the risk. At least think about it.


    Understand everything your saying and i'm certain i'll end up getting the shots as soon as a bit more research has been done and the FDA ends up approving them. The biggest point i'm trying to make is that every person should have a choice whether to get the shot or not and shouldnt have to feel bad or criticized by the choice that they make. Its a shame that the 30 year old has long term issues now, but it was her choice and she made it. Its a shame some have issues after getting the shots, but its their choice and they made it. 50% of the United States havent gotten the shots and its not because they cant (every street corner has a place that offers them), its because they chose not to. Respect their decisions as I respect the decisions of the ones that have gotten it. Thats all.

    Until things get a bit more sorted, i'll continue to mask up and use precautions. Wife and I are getting away this weekend. We rented a house instead of staying at a Hotel. The house owner stated their little town is open 100%, but we'll still eat outside if the restaurants seem crowded and so forth. There is no denial the issue is real, but i'm not going to lock myself in my house. I'm still going to live my life even without getting the shots yet. Thats my choice.
    I absolutely agree 100% without question that getting vs not getting the vaccine should be an individual choice.

    In this particular thread, it’s comes down to the logic/driving force involved in the decision making process that comes into play.

    Freedoms are enjoyed as individuals,they are obtained and maintained as a group.

    It’s the well being of said “group” we are talking about here.


    Why you should also take responsibility for infecting others, like pay their rent, medical bills, and funeral expenses, there is a way to avoid this, get the shot or shots, problem is there are no repercussions if you don't if you give it to others. If it was just yourself I would be much more likely to agree. You want freedom great, but there is a level of responsibility that goes with it, just like freedom of speech, you can say what you want, but there are reprocussions for some things that are said.

    One person can take the precautions and I understand that perspective, but many of that mindset are not is the problem.

    People are getting the shats with the incentives going out, how many would get them if they were held responsible if they infected others or had to pay their full medical for not getting the vaccine and catching it and having to be admitted for Hospital care.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35865
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • How many people should be held individually accountable for their own comorbidity due to lifestyle choices like smoking, liver disease from alcohol, obesity and diabetes and high-blood pressure from crappy diet and lack of exercise, weak immune system from lack of sleep, stress, etc.? Yes, I know that doesn't describe everyone who has severe symptoms or complications. But it is certainly many. Being healthy from the start is the best prevention against nearly every disease, including Covid-19.

    The complexities of this issue are not as simple as "you infected me so you're to blame." We're not just victims of someone else's choices, but often our own. We're just far to ready to blame everyone else for our situation when it's bad, and willing to take credit when it's good.

    I understand the Hawks wanting to protect their brand and be seen as protecting the populace, too. But I would bet that most of the NFL decisions are driven by money and reputation. If they could open up stadiums entirely with zero consequences (liability, decreased attendance, etc.), they would. They're a business based on the bottom line. Right now it's far more advantageous to appear to support "safety."
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2649
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am


  • Ad Hawk wrote:How many people should be held individually accountable for their own comorbidity due to lifestyle choices like smoking, liver disease from alcohol, obesity and diabetes and high-blood pressure from crappy diet and lack of exercise, weak immune system from lack of sleep, stress, etc.? Yes, I know that doesn't describe everyone who has severe symptoms or complications. But it is certainly many. Being healthy from the start is the best prevention against nearly every disease, including Covid-19.

    The complexities of this issue are not as simple as "you infected me so you're to blame." We're not just victims of someone else's choices, but often our own. We're just far to ready to blame everyone else for our situation when it's bad, and willing to take credit when it's good.

    I understand the Hawks wanting to protect their brand and be seen as protecting the populace, too. But I would bet that most of the NFL decisions are driven by money and reputation. If they could open up stadiums entirely with zero consequences (liability, decreased attendance, etc.), they would. They're a business based on the bottom line. Right now it's far more advantageous to appear to support "safety."
    Personally I wouldn’t be caught dead arguing that the NFL wasn’t being socially driven on this.
    IMHO it’s 100% about the $’s.
    In my shallow mind, there is no doubt the the NFL’s stance is based on money and not about what’s best for their fans(society).

    Is it possible that both scenarios follow a mutual path?
    Most certainly but if it wasn’t coincidental…..
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • Seems to me that the supposed "cure" is worse than the disease at this stage!!
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7907
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


  • cymatica wrote:https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework


    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Not being vaccinated is already huge risk. For everyone. So a risk from the shots pales in comparison right now.

    As shared, my SO works at a hospital in Seattle.

    The Covid Delta (UK variant) patients are starting to come in. As bad as the 1st batch of Covid was, this stuff is way worse. It isn't close.

    With the other stuff, you had a slim chance of it being bad, a good chance of being asymptomatic, and a slimmer chance of it being very bad. This stuff is 2x more contagious (the #s are all over so no hard #s yet they say 40% but that seems low to everyone) but holy carp the symptoms are worse.

    The old stuff was 2-3 weeks, usually 2. This stuff is sticking around for 5 weeks, and with some 5 months. Way more severe, with water in the lungs, diarrhea, and impaired cognition some of the common symptoms. (The impaired cognition thing is scary as hell).

    You are rolling the dice dangerously.

    That is one reason the Seahawks are doing the right thing here. If one of their players gets the Delta version, they are likely out 6-8 games if not more, and potentially the whole season. Just keeping the team safe seems reasonable with the way the #s are growing with this variant (and apparently the India variant is supposed to be worse but I have no insight on that).

    It might be about the money, as some speculate, but it is more about self-interest. You cannot have a season if this spreads out here.

    But if you are unvaccinated and become a carrier you WILL give this to others. It is that contagious. And it is killing people here. One that came in was a caretaker, totally healthy before, infected her 65-year-old brother (who died from it) and infected 3 others - 1 who was asymptomatic and gave it to how many others out here....

    The vaccine MIGHT have risks. But NOT getting the vaccine HAS massive risks, there is no might.

    We don't want this stuff getting any of the Seahawks sick, especially a starter.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5009
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:People are getting the shats...


    Oh man, that's unfortunate. I've had the shats before. Damn near shat myself but made it to the toilet just in the nick of time. Probably spent more time sitting on the toilet than sleeping in my bed that night. Not fun.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:Not being vaccinated is already huge risk. For everyone. So a risk from the shots pales in comparison right now.

    As shared, my SO works at a hospital in Seattle.

    The Covid Delta (UK variant) patients are starting to come in. As bad as the 1st batch of Covid was, this stuff is way worse. It isn't close.

    With the other stuff, you had a slim chance of it being bad, a good chance of being asymptomatic, and a slimmer chance of it being very bad. This stuff is 2x more contagious (the #s are all over so no hard #s yet they say 40% but that seems low to everyone) but holy carp the symptoms are worse.

    The old stuff was 2-3 weeks, usually 2. This stuff is sticking around for 5 weeks, and with some 5 months. Way more severe, with water in the lungs, diarrhea, and impaired cognition some of the common symptoms. (The impaired cognition thing is scary as hell).

    You are rolling the dice dangerously.

    That is one reason the Seahawks are doing the right thing here. If one of their players gets the Delta version, they are likely out 6-8 games if not more, and potentially the whole season. Just keeping the team safe seems reasonable with the way the #s are growing with this variant (and apparently the India variant is supposed to be worse but I have no insight on that).

    It might be about the money, as some speculate, but it is more about self-interest. You cannot have a season if this spreads out here.

    But if you are unvaccinated and become a carrier you WILL give this to others. It is that contagious. And it is killing people here. One that came in was a caretaker, totally healthy before, infected her 65-year-old brother (who died from it) and infected 3 others - 1 who was asymptomatic and gave it to how many others out here....

    The vaccine MIGHT have risks. But NOT getting the vaccine HAS massive risks, there is no might.

    We don't want this stuff getting any of the Seahawks sick, especially a starter.


    To add to that, all vaccines available in the US are effective against delta (India) variant as well.

    So let's look at what's realistically going to happen. Which is, realistically in summer, not much, according to IHME-UW predictions. But if/when the hammer falls, and there are people going to the news saying that everything was fine until they went to this one game, that obviously could compromise all our entertainment because our being meat shields for ourselves and obviously them did not do the job.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • I get my 2nd shot June 16th.

    I wonder what kind of proof of vaccination Canadians will need to attend games?
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 651
    Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:03 am


  • Hockey Guy wrote:I get my 2nd shot June 16th.

    I wonder what kind of proof of vaccination Canadians will need to attend games?


    None by the Hawks or the state. The most that might happen is having to show your card to get through the border.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Seems to me that the supposed "cure" is worse than the disease at this stage!!


    At every stage. The ONLY people who were in danger to a high degree were those over age 60 and with comorbitities. Children have never been carriers, and were in a zero statistically possibility of getting sick or dying.

    I remember when Jordan played with the flu, to a packed house and nobody worried. Nobody was scared because the media and the medical establishment hadn't spent every waking minute telling us to be scared. Sure people died, but masks do NOTHING to stop it. Lockdowns don't work for respiratory diseases, and if we protect the old/infirm, the others get infected, beat the disease and we SHOULD HAVE USED TREATMENTS that are now finally being known by us the general population. Fauci knew, many people knew, but FB-Twitter and even Amazons Bezos were in on the scare sessions. We were had, and we are still locked down in Washington State. The information to prove what I say is out there.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 pm


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework


    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.


    You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

    If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • cymatica wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework


    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.


    You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

    If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball


    I did watch the video.

    All the people who got vaxed have contributed to your right to go maskless later this month, and for restrictions around that and social distancing. It's why you'll get to go to a game as it is.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • cymatica wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework


    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.


    You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

    If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball


    Several deaths and adverse side effects…. Luckily nobody has died of covid or gotten extremely ill. :sarcasm_off:
    Hollandhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 314
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:
    So even if some of this seems a bit excessive to some, doesn't it make sense to at least be that way considering the potential impact of the fire restarting again?


    Of course, unless you have an agenda, which far too many people do, and did in the past politicizing the virus to their benefit.

    Or as I see it, their detriment.

    Getting vaccinated so we can all return to normal and the economy can thrive again is not a big ask. But this is 2021, the golden age of misinformation and narcissism, where we're incapable of thinking of others or outside our own selfish needs.

    If the past year has taught us anything about where we're at as a society, it's this.


    Could NOT have said it better ^^
    By getting my shots, wearing a mask, keeping my hands clean while at the grocery stores, I've done as much as I could to ensure that I WON'T be the reason someone dies, or even gets sick from a carefree, careless, & self centered attitude...This ol' world isn't Just About Me...OH AND!!, I wear a Seahawks mask that I spritz with Rubbing alcohol between EVERY USE.
    Can't care TOO MUCH about the health of others, eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7576
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • jeremiah wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Seems to me that the supposed "cure" is worse than the disease at this stage!!


    At every stage. The ONLY people who were in danger to a high degree were those over age 60 and with comorbitities. Children have never been carriers, and were in a zero statistically possibility of getting sick or dying.

    I remember when Jordan played with the flu, to a packed house and nobody worried. Nobody was scared because the media and the medical establishment hadn't spent every waking minute telling us to be scared. Sure people died, but masks do NOTHING to stop it. Lockdowns don't work for respiratory diseases, and if we protect the old/infirm, the others get infected, beat the disease and we SHOULD HAVE USED TREATMENTS that are now finally being known by us the general population. Fauci knew, many people knew, but FB-Twitter and even Amazons Bezos were in on the scare sessions. We were had, and we are still locked down in Washington State. The information to prove what I say is out there.

    And, I can go to just about any tavern and listen to skilled $h!t too, but not taking precautions?, THAT IS ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY.
    Ever went to a Hospital BEFORE COVID-19 and had to WEAR A MASK & disinfect your hands, wear a smock?>>> I HAVE<<<...Ever hear about someone you love DYING FROM STAFF INFECTION...I HAVE.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7576
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • scutterhawk wrote:By getting my shots, wearing a mask, keeping my hands clean while at the grocery stores, I've done as much as I could to ensure that I WON'T be the reason someone dies, or even gets sick from a carefree, careless, & self centered attitude...This ol' world isn't Just About Me...OH AND!!


    Ah yes, the Mother Teresa act. 'Its all about others, thats why you should get the shots' is just another guilt tactic. You got the shots, wore a mask, and washed your hands so that YOU wouldnt die. Be honest with yourself. The good samaritan, peace prize garbage is all a bunch of BS that people tout to make themselves feel and sound good. I hear it all the time from people I know damn well who could care less about anybody else but puke that crap out anyways just to defend their stance. Its tiresome. If you truly felt that strongly about it, you wouldnt be in a grocery store taking those chances. You could have your groceries delivered. So no, you havent done as much as you could.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2246
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • No Mother Teresa here. It is obvious however that those who got vaxed ALSO confer advantages to those who are not:

    1) Everyone gets to go to a game now without restriction;
    2) The more vaccinated people are around, the more everyone is protected;
    because
    3) Case counts, hosps, deaths have plummeted since vaccination.

    Those are advantages that confer to everyone by vaccinated people. The reverse is true for unvaccinated people.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Hollandhawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework


    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.


    You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

    If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball


    Several deaths and adverse side effects…. Luckily nobody has died of covid or gotten extremely ill. :sarcasm_off:


    Please explain the logic of mass vaccinations for people who have virtually no risk of anything other than flu symptoms. Why should I be essentially forced to receive gene therapy if my body already developed antibodies. Please explain why we should just roll the dice and give this to children when the only demographic at high risk is the sick and elderly.

    I'll take my chance with the covid that my body easily fought off a year ago than a new shot that is not safe or effective if you bother to dig beyond Facebook or corporate news.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:No Mother Teresa here. It is obvious however that those who got vaxed ALSO confer advantages to those who are not:

    1) Everyone gets to go to a game now without restriction;
    2) The more vaccinated people are around, the more everyone is protected;
    because
    3) Case counts, hosps, deaths have plummeted since vaccination.

    Those are advantages that confer to everyone by vaccinated people. The reverse is true for unvaccinated people.


    No cases and deaths plummeted when the CDC announced they wears lowering the sensitivity on PCR testing. You have no idea what your talking about and have not done any homework, yet you feel the need to lecture people about how your are a hero and if I don't take some experimental gene therapy, then it's my fault that someone else lives an unhealthy life and dies from a virus that is virtually no threat to young or healthy people.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:https://youtu.be/-_NNTVJzqtY

    This is not a conspiracy theory or political. This is real and verifiable information about the covid vaccine. The inventor of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone, does not believe this is safe.

    If companies are going to institute policies that affect public health, then maybe they should do their homework


    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.


    You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

    If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball


    I did watch the video.

    All the people who got vaxed have contributed to your right to go maskless later this month, and for restrictions around that and social distancing. It's why you'll get to go to a game as it is.


    No you didn't and it's obvious by your mindless response here. I hope you realize that there are millions, including doctors and nurses, in this country alone, who will not get this gene therapy shot because they bothered to do a little homework. Maybe at least hop on VAERS and tell me why there's a spike in reported vaccination deaths not seen....ever. Oh, that doesn't mean anything, just take the jab so I can go watch football. Pathetic dude

    It's sad that you and others just so casually toss out the medical rights of everyone, based on fear, so you can have piece of mind.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • Perhaps you should get off your high horse and goodle the definition of "gene therapy" which the vaccines are not.

    But keep spouting the RW talking points. :34853_doh:

    But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 22030
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • sutz wrote:But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:


    Nope
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2246
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • sutz wrote:Perhaps you should get off your high horse and goodle the definition of "gene therapy" which the vaccines are not.

    But keep spouting the RW talking points. :34853_doh:

    But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:


    Maybe you should get off your high horse and go beyond just a google search. It's not just me or "right wing talking points", many reputable people refer t to it as that including the inventor of mRNA vaccine technology. I get it though, if you just say "rw talking point" or "conspiracy theory" then you can just ridicule and dismiss it. Regardless it's a moot point, but go ahead attack semantics and ignore the data

    https://academic.oup.com/intimm/advance ... 13/6194108
    Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology


    https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/83947 ... herapy/amp
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • cymatica wrote:
    sutz wrote:Perhaps you should get off your high horse and goodle the definition of "gene therapy" which the vaccines are not.

    But keep spouting the RW talking points. :34853_doh:

    But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:


    Maybe you should get off your high horse and go beyond just a google search. It's not just me or "right wing talking points", many reputable people refer t to it as that including the inventor of mRNA vaccine technology. I get it though, if you just say "rw talking point" or "conspiracy theory" then you can just ridicule and dismiss it. Regardless it's a moot point, but go ahead attack semantics and ignore the data

    https://academic.oup.com/intimm/advance ... 13/6194108
    Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology


    https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/83947 ... herapy/amp

    Image
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1814
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


  • IMHO I feel that people who are not vaccinated should be able to be discriminated against. If you have the right to not get vaxed then my business should have the right not to serve you. The whole anti mask and vax argument reminds me of dealing with my children. I feel we need to stop placating these people and start moving on without them. They can “choose” not to be a part of a social society any more if they choose. We should be allowed to move on without them.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:18 am


  • Year of The Hawk wrote:IMHO I feel that people who are not vaccinated should be able to be discriminated against. If you have the right to not get vaxed then my business should have the right not to serve you. The whole anti mask and vax argument reminds me of dealing with my children. I feel we need to stop placating these people and start moving on without them. They can “choose” not to be a part of a social society any more if they choose. We should be allowed to move on without them.


    This mindset right here is part of the problem and it's extremely dangerous. You want to violate peoples right to medical privacy so that you can enforce a policy that discriminates against people based on nothing but irrational fear. Yes irrational if you bother to look into how the data was tracked with both covid and the shots. You not only want to ban people who have legitimate concerns from public life, but you want to ridicule them and act condescending. Just stop, it's really pathetic.

    Go look at the VAERS database and then actually read what some skeptical MS and PHDs are saying about the vaccine rollout, especially with new data coming out that is causing concern. I'm guessing with that attitude you won't bother, you've already made up your mind
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1612
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


  • No you didn't and it's obvious by your mindless response here. I hope you realize that there are millions, including doctors and nurses, in this country alone, who will not get this gene therapy shot because they bothered to do a little homework. Maybe at least hop on VAERS and tell me why there's a spike in reported vaccination deaths not seen....ever. Oh, that doesn't mean anything, just take the jab so I can go watch football. Pathetic dude

    It's sad that you and others just so casually toss out the medical rights of everyone, based on fear, so you can have piece of mind.


    AMA says 96 percent of physicians have gotten the shot. Of the four percent who have not, half of them plan on it.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... 81dbed591c

    Anyone can report on Vaers. Someone actually went on there some years ago and wrote that a vaccine was turning him into literally the Invisible Hulk.

    The shots are not gene therapy just because they happen to deliver mRNA that tells a cell to make an offending protein. If you think they are, though, J&J is a viral-vector. You had several viral-vector shots in childhood.

    The fact that the shots work so well so far is why everything is reopening, including games. It is less risk for you to come out now that everyone knows that the more of the population does this, the more everyone else is.

    The more of you there remain, of course, the more things could go fubar this fall.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:By getting my shots, wearing a mask, keeping my hands clean while at the grocery stores, I've done as much as I could to ensure that I WON'T be the reason someone dies, or even gets sick from a carefree, careless, & self centered attitude...This ol' world isn't Just About Me...OH AND!!


    Ah yes, the Mother Teresa act. 'Its all about others, thats why you should get the shots' is just another guilt tactic. You got the shots, wore a mask, and washed your hands so that YOU wouldnt die. Be honest with yourself. The good samaritan, peace prize garbage is all a bunch of BS that people tout to make themselves feel and sound good. I hear it all the time from people I know damn well who could care less about anybody else but puke that crap out anyways just to defend their stance. Its tiresome. If you truly felt that strongly about it, you wouldnt be in a grocery store taking those chances. You could have your groceries delivered. So no, you havent done as much as you could.

    So, hmm, doing right by others gets up under your skin? :177692: ....GOOD!
    It's OBVIOUSLY easier for thou to criticize others for trying to do the right thing, than to just "Do The Right Thing" yourself-ish.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7576
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • cymatica wrote:
    Hollandhawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

    Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

    I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.


    You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

    If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball


    Several deaths and adverse side effects…. Luckily nobody has died of covid or gotten extremely ill. :sarcasm_off:


    Please explain the logic of mass vaccinations for people who have virtually no risk of anything other than flu symptoms. Why should I be essentially forced to receive gene therapy if my body already developed antibodies. Please explain why we should just roll the dice and give this to children when the only demographic at high risk is the sick and elderly.

    I'll take my chance with the covid that my body easily fought off a year ago than a new shot that is not safe or effective if you bother to dig beyond Facebook or corporate news.
    The logic?

    As clearly stated multiple times in this thread, the “logic” is, it’s not only about the individual that chooses or not to get vaccinated.

    It’s a simple concept, vaccines have been around in different forms for generations.

    The fact is, these vaccines are what’s best for our society as a whole, the risks and inconveniences are minimal similar to the law that states you must wear a seatbelt while driving your car.

    The decision to get vaccinated IS NOT only about you.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    No you didn't and it's obvious by your mindless response here. I hope you realize that there are millions, including doctors and nurses, in this country alone, who will not get this gene therapy shot because they bothered to do a little homework. Maybe at least hop on VAERS and tell me why there's a spike in reported vaccination deaths not seen....ever. Oh, that doesn't mean anything, just take the jab so I can go watch football. Pathetic dude

    It's sad that you and others just so casually toss out the medical rights of everyone, based on fear, so you can have piece of mind.


    AMA says 96 percent of physicians have gotten the shot. Of the four percent who have not, half of them plan on it.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... 81dbed591c

    Anyone can report on Vaers. Someone actually went on there some years ago and wrote that a vaccine was turning him into literally the Invisible Hulk.

    The shots are not gene therapy just because they happen to deliver mRNA that tells a cell to make an offending protein. If you think they are, though, J&J is a viral-vector. You had several viral-vector shots in childhood.

    The fact that the shots work so well so far is why everything is reopening, including games. It is less risk for you to come out now that everyone knows that the more of the population does this, the more everyone else is.

    The more of you there remain, of course, the more things could go fubar this fall.


    Finally someone said it about VAERS, it’s about as reliable as your uncle in Arkansas on Facebook, people. I can literally go on there and say the flu vaccine gave me an extra third ear, no follow up, no nothing it’s just posted there.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 22276
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    sutz wrote:But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:


    Nope

    You do you, of course, but one of the reasons I got the shots was to protect myself against people like you. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 22030
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • sutz wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    sutz wrote:But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:


    Nope

    You do you, of course, but one of the reasons I got the shots was to protect myself against people like you. :twisted:


    I'll fully admit that I, too, wasn't motivated to be protection for unvaccinated adults.

    But hey, it helps us too. Since we're all around them, there's less of a chance of them catching it or worse, which means less chance of public health getting involved.

    So I gotta now say. C'mon in. Sit next to me. If not vaxed and wearing a mask, I'm gonna give you an elbow bump, you know. Because it's a commendable stance to take max responsibility.

    As far as the other non-vaxxers, not like I'm going to know, but sitting amongst us means again less of a potential problem for public health. Which as we all know has the power to order all sorts of things.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online