If the Hawks moved to Alabama, would you still support them?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Having committed local ownership is a lot of what makes rooting for the Seahawks fun and easy. Remember when we didn't have that? It wasn't so fun and not easy.

Don't take it for granted, because if that ever changed, I think it's been proven most aren't going to follow the laundry out of state.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Do many of you people not remember Behring attempting to move the team to LA?! WTF is wrong with any SEATTLE Seahawks fan who would even entertain this idea?! I remember the depths of despair I felt when it looked like we would no longer have “our team”. The nickname, mascot, colors and players are only a part of what makes a team. The home city and fans complete their heart and soul!
I was a big Sonics fan but haven’t watched more than 15 minutes combined of NBA basketball since they left. And I won’t until they are returned to their rightful home.

Chawker

Reaction score
First of all, Jodie Allen would never do this to a team so loved by all Washingtonians. Besides she can sell Octopussy and get 175 million, she doesn't need to sell the Seahawks. This is where she gets the love of the people.

To many people would hate her for the move.

Cheers

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m a SEATTLE seahawks fan, have been since they announced (1974ish) that Washington was getting a team.
If they moved anywhere, so would my allegiance
With the current state of NFL football I’m not even sure I’d continue being a fan of any club, if I did I’d probably switch to New Orleans or Houston.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hmm. Probably cheer for them until Russ moved on, but certainly with less vigor. Then I'd probably go the "when in doubt, root for the underdog" route and start cheering for Cleveland or the Chargers.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I cheer on my region first and foremost.

They move to Alabama? They become the Falcons or Eagles to me--just another bird-based logo for a different city/state.

If Seattle no longer had a team, I'd bow out of NFL fandom.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd still root for the individual players I like. Russ, Tyler, DK, Carson, etc.

But for the team? No.

When has a team ever moved away under good circumstances? It's always a greedy owner like Behring trying to make more money elsewhere, or Bennett and his shady group of investors in bed with the league with backroom deals.

So no, I can't imagine a scenario where'd I'd root for my Hawks in another city.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3i9128o5 said:
I'd still root for the individual players I like. Russ, Tyler, DK, Carson, etc.

But for the team? No.

When has a team ever moved away under good circumstances? It's always a greedy owner like Behring trying to make more money elsewhere, or Bennett and his shady group of investors in bed with the league with backroom deals.

So no, I can't imagine a scenario where'd I'd root for my Hawks in another city.

You forgot Selig and his shady crap with the MLB to Milwaukee.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
I would still be a fan only if the Seahawks moved to Honolulu ,which will never happen.So...with that being said? I'm gonna quit watching NFL games as I did NBA when the Sonics left. I seriously don't know probably about 90%of the current NBA players maybe more?

ivotuk

Reaction score
But it they moved to Alaska.... Then it would be cool! It would take every single person in Fairbanks and North Pole to sell out the stadium, but we'd do it By Gawd!

We had an indoor football team for a while. Fairbanks Grizzlies. Ugly ass orange jerseys with dark blue of them.

But this is more of a Hockey Town.

ivotuk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2zg9yp4r said:
As a non Seattleite and as someone with no particular ties to any part of the US you would think that it would be easy for me to watch the Seahawks play elsewhere but I dont think that would be the case for me.

I picked the Seahawks as my team because of the most superficial reasons, I liked the colours and the name (I was eight at the time) but I love the Seahawks because of the fans, the location and the general vibe of how the PNW resonates with me as a person. I've never visited Seattle (hoping to change that soon) but I do genuinely get the feeling it's a place I would get along in. I feel invested in Seattle as a place living there vicariously through my Seahawk fandom.

Speaking as an Alaskan, I think you'd love Seattle. Walking around downtown on a sunny Game Day is a spectacular sight and experience!

I'm trying to figure out how to get back for a game or 2 this year!

flv

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1zijdjai said:
As a non Seattleite and as someone with no particular ties to any part of the US you would think that it would be easy for me to watch the Seahawks play elsewhere but I dont think that would be the case for me.

I picked the Seahawks as my team because of the most superficial reasons, I liked the colours and the name (I was eight at the time) but I love the Seahawks because of the fans, the location and the general vibe of how the PNW resonates with me as a person. I've never visited Seattle (hoping to change that soon) but I do genuinely get the feeling it's a place I would get along in. I feel invested in Seattle as a place living there vicariously through my Seahawk fandom.
Locational ties are incredibly strong for 'island people', even if it's someone else's island.

toffee

Reaction score
Jody is not moving, if she sells, the next owner might have ideas. But wait, Russ is the future owner, don't think Ciara will want to live in deep south. Russ will not move and devalue the team after he wrestle it from Jody, so not happening.

xray

Reaction score
Nope. Since I live in AZ the Cardinals would be my 1st choice to fan .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been a diehard SEATTLE Seahawks fan since 1976 which is almost my entire life. If they were to leave they would no longer be the SEATTLE Seahawks so of course not. Like the Sonics, I dumped the NBA when all parties involved allowed that atrocity. I would probably still watch the NFL but it would be a hole in my heart I would never recover from.

Chawker

Reaction score
It would rip the soles out of all of us, me personally it would be a tearful three week bender with buckets of tears. Fallow up with a sick feeling anytime even mention the word Seahawks to me.

So my answer would be "NO", because when the leave Seattle, they basically die. The Seahawks belong to the city of Seattle, and to all her fans.

Cheers