Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:44 am
  • mikeak wrote:
    mikeak wrote:Seriously how do we not have a new deal in place? Almost zero chance he plays under his rookie 5th year deal. He will sit out. Only chance he doesn't is if Covid ends up crashing everything long term.

    I mean the picks are steep payment but imagine if he plays one season on this.... And heck it is a season that may not even be played!!!!


    Yes I hate that we are finding ourselves in a contentious situation, but just a reminder that there were quite a few of us in this thread that did NOT understand a blockbuster deal with a disgruntled star without a deal in place for an extension. It never made sense. We are now going to be held hostage by our picks traded away and are in a very weak negotiation position even if he doesn't end up sitting out this year.


    Image
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1972
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:07 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:54 am
  • Damn right but even more so people shouldn't just dismiss others concerns and say that because the FO did something it is golden.

    They make bad decisions. We all want them to work out and the Seahawks to win the last game of the year
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8088
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:15 pm
  • jamescasey1124 wrote:Man we are going to be good. Our secondary is now the best in the league as a position group. SB baby!!!! People stop whining about picks.


    Just rereading some of these posts. LOL

    So lets see what Adams gave us last season. He was part of a defense that was on the verge of being the worst pass defense of all time until mid-season when Dunlap was signed. He was average to bad in coverage. Good tackler and had some sacks. Missed 4 games last season and is coming off multiple surgeries in the off season. Huge contract on the horizon. Yeah, great trade guys. *sigh*
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:09 pm
  • Sounds like you've already decided it was a bad trade, and that's fine. Meh, 1 year in, WAY too early to assume that.
    He played his butt off. Sure the front office has made their share of swing and misses, but Adams is a game changer.
    Just MY opinion, but I'm stoked to see what he does for years to come in a Hawks uniform.
    And he's all of 25 years old.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:09 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Sounds like you've already decided it was a bad trade, and that's fine. Meh, 1 year in, WAY too early to assume that.
    He played his butt off. Sure the front office has made their share of swing and misses, but Adams is a game changer.
    Just MY opinion, but I'm stoked to see what he does for years to come in a Hawks uniform.
    And he's all of 25 years old.


    Yeah, I thought it was an awful trade and the results are confirming that now. The defense was no better with him last season.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:16 pm
  • The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:46 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok


    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:02 pm
  • There are differing views on Adams:

    The negative view, too expensive, not worth the draft cost, needs to be traded b/c he’s supposedly not good at pass D. Nothing positive about Adams is considered relevant. Trade him now!

    The positive view, although costly in terms of draft capital, he is a genuine difference maker, a chess piece, an energizer for the D, a blitz master, and a player that must be schemed to prevent him wrecking havoc on opposing QBs. As yet we don’t know how great he could be despite him being aPro Bowl player every year he’s been in the NFL. As far as the pass D he played with a broken thumb and needs to be cut some slack. He needs to be kept.

    I want to see more. We have only seen a partial season. Pete sees something special in Adams, the team went all in to get him. Pete knows what a quality DB looks like. We need to recognize he is different and is a difference maker. Despite missing significant time last season to various truly significant injuries he set a league record for sacks by a SS. 9 sacks by a DB in 12.5 games is extraordinary.

    I support the positive view and think despite his cost he needs to stay and be allowed to wreck havoc. The D is better with him here.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7847
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:24 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok


    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.



    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5862
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:27 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:I support the positive view and think despite his cost he needs to stay and be allowed to wreck havoc. The D is better with him here.


    Going by the numbers though, the D really wasnt better with him in there. The D actually regressed. I'm not denying Adams is a good player, but his presence didnt equate to a stronger defense. Sure he had 9 sacks, but while he was being used to rush the QB, the defense was getting torched through the air. Everytime he lines up and blitzes, there's one less body in the secondary and man did it show. Even when he was back there, he was getting torched too. I'm not sure how the D benefitted from that.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok


    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.



    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.


    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok


    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.



    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.


    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?


    Could just as well claim that the defense got better after the month November showed up and made its presence known. These posts that show up devoid of any useful acknowledgement of what a team sport consists of and how it all fits together never ceases to amaze me.

    In this thread, investing in a little homework on the subject of 4-2-5 Defense Blitzes might be useful for those in pursuit of better comprehension.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10253
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 pm
  • It’d be a worthwhile exercise to see Adams play full season with others who can get after the QB. I believe being injured and not having a supporting cast has unfairly skewed some folks perceptions about Adams. He’s a special player and was forced to do more than he should have b/c of the absence of talent supporting him.

    Don’t know the stats of last season are fair comment on the whole D. Besides it was a tale of two different Defences.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7847
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:25 am
  • Jville wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.



    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.


    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?


    Could just as well claim that the defense got better after the month November showed up and made its presence known. These posts that show up devoid of any useful acknowledgement of what a team sport consists of and how it all fits together never ceases to amaze me.

    In this thread, investing in a little homework on the subject of 4-2-5 Defense Blitzes might be useful for those in pursuit of better comprehension.


    Was that the time period in which the defense faced some of the worst QB's in the NFL? You might want to take a look at that.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:53 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:

    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.


    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?


    Could just as well claim that the defense got better after the month November showed up and made its presence known. These posts that show up devoid of any useful acknowledgement of what a team sport consists of and how it all fits together never ceases to amaze me.

    In this thread, investing in a little homework on the subject of 4-2-5 Defense Blitzes might be useful for those in pursuit of better comprehension.


    Was that the time period in which the defense faced some of the worst QB's in the NFL? You might want to take a look at that.


    That's fine. Some can learn and turn the page and some can't.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10253
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:01 am
  • Jville wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?


    Could just as well claim that the defense got better after the month November showed up and made its presence known. These posts that show up devoid of any useful acknowledgement of what a team sport consists of and how it all fits together never ceases to amaze me.

    In this thread, investing in a little homework on the subject of 4-2-5 Defense Blitzes might be useful for those in pursuit of better comprehension.


    Was that the time period in which the defense faced some of the worst QB's in the NFL? You might want to take a look at that.


    That's fine. Some can learn and turn the page and some can't.


    Yeah, some can admit that the results werent there with Adams in the lineup and some just cant bring themselves to do so due to the usual fanboyism. I understand.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:17 pm
  • As opposed to a "fan" of the Hawks who RARELY has one positive thing to say about his team? Ever???
    Plenty to be critical of over the years. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you say one good word about the team.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:31 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:As opposed to a "fan" of the Hawks who RARELY has one positive thing to say about his team? Ever???
    Plenty to be critical of over the years. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you say one good word about the team.


    Truth, sadly.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2663
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:58 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:As opposed to a "fan" of the Hawks who RARELY has one positive thing to say about his team? Ever???
    Plenty to be critical of over the years. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you say one good word about the team.


    Guess you havent paid attention then. Doesnt matter what kind of a fan you are I guess, the evidence of the defense with Adams is out there for all to see. Its not great.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm
  • Incorrect, but believe what you want. The entire team played with more energy WITH him in there, period. They don't win the Rams game to clinch the division w/out his huge play.
    Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:33 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Incorrect, but believe what you want. The entire team played with more energy WITH him in there, period. They don't win the Rams game to clinch the division w/out his huge play.
    Go Hawks


    The team can play with all the energy they want, but if they dont have the talent to win, they wont. The Seahawks defense with Adams was on course to give up the most passing yardage of any team in the NFL ever,,,,,,,,,EVER. It wasnt until mid season with the pickup of Dunlap and a cream puff schedule against bottom tier QBs that the defense started to appear average. Period.

    One play against the Rams in the regular season doesnt equate to the loss of 2 first rounders, a 3rd, a player, and an upcoming monster contract. Especially when you look at how well the team did in the post season. Again,,,,terrible trade.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pm
  • Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:58 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok


    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.



    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.


    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?



    He had 9.5 sacks in 12 games. Would you have rather had Clowney?
    potatohead33
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 82
    Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:57 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously


    Curious to hear the answer(s). :snack:
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:26 pm
  • If there was going to be any chance at this team getting over the hump and winning a divisional playoff game - it was going to be by adding Adams.

    Carroll is a defensive-minded HC. While we have the pieces to be a great offense, we don't have the will and the plan to deliver it successfully. We certainly don't have the commitment from the FO. So it had to be defense.

    Fixing the safeties and bringing a supposedly good if not great (though not great or even good) CB on paper gave us a great secondary. Fixing the DL was not an option because DL are expensive. As it was, we got Carlos - one of the best pass rushers we had in years.

    If there was any chance that Carroll could win anything in the playoffs again, besides a wildcard it had to be with this kind of move.

    In hindsight? Sure, maybe a bad move (though we would likely have squandered those firsts on garbage anyway...)

    But that was literally the only way Carroll was going to win anything of note in the playoffs again. That it failed speaks more to Carroll's upside than anything else. Because Carlos and Adams did help this defense, (that Washington CB sucked dead wet squirrels though)

    The Adams move was a swing for the fences in a year we thought we had a chance.

    And we did. A bunch of people on other teams got injured and we won the division.

    We just squandered it. But we had the best chance we had in years to actually win something in the playoffs.

    It wasn't a bad deal if we had advanced, that was the point. Just a bad deal now because we didn't take advantage of that chance and now we probably cannot keep him. But guys like Carlos and Adams were key to getting us to the division win.

    It wasn't like it didn't work.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5017
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:29 pm
  • This team was built by outstanding drafting and a few low cost trades. We have flipped that on its head and have been throwing away draft picks for expensive players that so far haven't really worked out for the most part.
    Scoffing at the draft capitol spent is ludicrous. Its how this team became so good in the first place.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2030
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:35 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously


    Ignore Eeyore. He's a miserable cuss.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7546
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:48 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously


    Like anything else in the sports world, its entertainment. Its fun to watch, but I dont kid myself about having any expectations for them. I'm a fan, but I dont let that blind me as to whats going on.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:51 pm
  • potatohead33 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.



    Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

    You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.


    Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?



    He had 9.5 sacks in 12 games. Would you have rather had Clowney?


    He had 9.5 sacks while the opposing QB's were averaging 400 yards passing a game. How important were those sacks?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:58 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:If there was going to be any chance at this team getting over the hump and winning a divisional playoff game - it was going to be by adding Adams.

    Carroll is a defensive-minded HC. While we have the pieces to be a great offense, we don't have the will and the plan to deliver it successfully. We certainly don't have the commitment from the FO. So it had to be defense.

    Fixing the safeties and bringing a supposedly good if not great (though not great or even good) CB on paper gave us a great secondary. Fixing the DL was not an option because DL are expensive. As it was, we got Carlos - one of the best pass rushers we had in years.

    If there was any chance that Carroll could win anything in the playoffs again, besides a wildcard it had to be with this kind of move.

    In hindsight? Sure, maybe a bad move (though we would likely have squandered those firsts on garbage anyway...)

    But that was literally the only way Carroll was going to win anything of note in the playoffs again. That it failed speaks more to Carroll's upside than anything else. Because Carlos and Adams did help this defense, (that Washington CB sucked dead wet squirrels though)

    The Adams move was a swing for the fences in a year we thought we had a chance.

    And we did. A bunch of people on other teams got injured and we won the division.

    We just squandered it. But we had the best chance we had in years to actually win something in the playoffs.

    It wasn't a bad deal if we had advanced, that was the point. Just a bad deal now because we didn't take advantage of that chance and now we probably cannot keep him. But guys like Carlos and Adams were key to getting us to the division win.

    It wasn't like it didn't work.


    Twisted, how did it work? Carroll once again got outcoached in the post season so it was all for nothing.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously


    Like anything else in the sports world, its entertainment. Its fun to watch, but I dont kid myself about having any expectations for them. I'm a fan, but I dont let that blind me as to whats going on.


    If you really believed that, you wouldn't be on a Seahawks message board every day b!@ch about every goddamn decision the team made. You're not happy unless you're pissing in every one else's cereal. You make this place utterly miserable.

    Go ahead and ban me for saying this, mods. I can barely stand this place anymore because of people like this twit making this place insufferable. This place has turned into a $h!t.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7546
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:27 pm
  • That is the point Pitt.

    Losing in the playoffs had little if anything to do with Adams (though Adams was probably playing hurt because Carroll was a moron trying to win that 49ers game. He deserved to lose the Rams game just for that.)

    We lost because Carroll is a garbage strategist. Not because Adams did not help.

    Adams and Dunlap, with one of the worst DCs in the league, still helped this team to win the division and go into the playoffs with homefield advantage.

    The failure wasn't on paying too much for Adams.

    It was more that Carroll decided to shift to his version of MartyBall for the latter 1/2 of the season. And that Carroll goes into playoff games unprepared regularly.

    Carroll is one of the worst tactical and strategic minds in the NFL right now. His value is as a developer of talent, scout of same, and an incredible motivator. He gets people to run through walls for him. But that only works for so long.
    (He also builds great organizations, but they come riddled with enough nepotism and favoritism to hold it back)

    The trade for Adams was still the best chance we had to win a divisional game in the playoffs.

    Despite one of the more inept DCs in the game, and a HC that is nothing but a glorified cheerleader on gameday(if not a net negative) - we won the division and had our divisional playoff game in Seattle. The only time since the SB loss I think? (maybe once more? can't recall)

    That is probably the closest Carroll will ever again come to winning a divisional playoff game as an NFL HC, certainly as a Seahawk HC. He just screwed it up. That is on Carroll, not Adams. Considering our worthless injured CB we traded for, Adams actually produced even while injured. He missed a few potential picks, sure, but again....he was injured.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5017
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously


    Like anything else in the sports world, its entertainment. Its fun to watch, but I dont kid myself about having any expectations for them. I'm a fan, but I dont let that blind me as to whats going on.


    If you really believed that, you wouldn't be on a Seahawks message board every day b!@ch about every goddamn decision the team made. You're not happy unless you're pissing in every one else's cereal. You make this place utterly miserable.

    Go ahead and ban me for saying this, mods. I can barely stand this place anymore because of people like this twit making this place insufferable. This place has turned into a $h!t.


    Dude, drink some warm milk or something. Sorry people have differing opinions to yours on a public forum. How dare that happen.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:34 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:That is the point Pitt.

    Losing in the playoffs had little if anything to do with Adams (though Adams was probably playing hurt because Carroll was a moron trying to win that 49ers game. He deserved to lose the Rams game just for that.)

    We lost because Carroll is a garbage strategist. Not because Adams did not help.

    Adams and Dunlap, with one of the worst DCs in the league, still helped this team to win the division and go into the playoffs with homefield advantage.

    The failure wasn't on paying too much for Adams.

    It was more that Carroll decided to shift to his version of MartyBall for the latter 1/2 of the season. And that Carroll goes into playoff games unprepared regularly.

    Carroll is one of the worst tactical and strategic minds in the NFL right now. His value is as a developer of talent, scout of same, and an incredible motivator. He gets people to run through walls for him. But that only works for so long.
    (He also builds great organizations, but they come riddled with enough nepotism and favoritism to hold it back)

    The trade for Adams was still the best chance we had to win a divisional game in the playoffs.

    Despite one of the more inept DCs in the game, and a HC that is nothing but a glorified cheerleader on gameday(if not a net negative) - we won the division and had our divisional playoff game in Seattle. The only time since the SB loss I think? (maybe once more? can't recall)

    That is probably the closest Carroll will ever again come to winning a divisional playoff game as an NFL HC, certainly as a Seahawk HC. He just screwed it up. That is on Carroll, not Adams. Considering our worthless injured CB we traded for, Adams actually produced even while injured. He missed a few potential picks, sure, but again....he was injured.


    I'm not criticizing Adams play, i'm just stating his addition didnt and wont change anything. Ok, Seattle won the division due to a cakewalk schedule and injuries to other teams, but did anybody actually believe they would do anything at all in the post season? Was anybody surprised at all that they lost at home to a depleted Rams team? I watched every game last season, no surprise to me.

    The failure for giving to much for Adams wont be felt for another year or so, but its coming.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

    Better?
    Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously


    Like anything else in the sports world, its entertainment. Its fun to watch, but I dont kid myself about having any expectations for them. I'm a fan, but I dont let that blind me as to whats going on.


    If you really believed that, you wouldn't be on a Seahawks message board every day b!@ch about every goddamn decision the team made. You're not happy unless you're pissing in every one else's cereal. You make this place utterly miserable.

    Go ahead and ban me for saying this, mods. I can barely stand this place anymore because of people like this twit making this place insufferable. This place has turned into a $h!t.


    Dude, drink some warm milk or something. Sorry people have differing opinions to yours on a public forum. How dare that happen.


    It's not your opinion. It's the fact that you come in with absolutely nothing constructive to take the same dump in every goddamn thread on here. Your a goddamn vulture, and I'm sick of it.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7546
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:03 am
  • No Expectations? Now THAT is funny.
    I'll leave it at that.........
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:01 am
  • Here is the problem Pitt.

    Is there ANY realistically possible trade we could have done last year that would have made a difference? Even in hindsight? (not but not knowing our CB or our FS would be terrible)

    Not sure there was. No move would have won us the game against the Rams, because the reason was lost to the Rams was not a roster issue. It was because we came in unprepared and we tried to force Wilson to play a type of football we hadn't really played for almost a half year.

    It might have been because we kept Wilson in the pocket against withering pressure by the Rams, and he predictably struggled. And it could have been because we were still trying to throw long when we couldn't protect him.

    It wasn't because Adams wasn't good enough. Or didn't contribute.

    You trade for a guy like Adams because they are worth taking the risk in order to go deeper in the playoffs. We had that chance and even were set up for that success. But Carroll is the NFL version of Doc Rivers and all that entails.

    Guys like Maulbert and Maelstrom get angry because complaints about Carroll keep popping up in thread after thread. But if you have a root problem, then trying to figure out what is wrong with the leaves, fruit, flowers, bark, etc....usually stems from that.

    We are picked third in our division for a reason. Even though we have the better QB. Even though nobody even knows what is going on with the 49ers QB. Because they have the better coaches. Adams will not fix that.

    He was, however, our best shot. Our best shot was to win the division, get the home stadium, and leverage Wilson to make a deep run. We got the division and home games, and some of those wins to get us there were directly the result of adding guys like Adams and Dunlap.


    The other question is, if you don't get Adams, do you really think those 1sts we lost would even matter? What is our record with turning 1sts into players that contribute immediately or even as valuable starters?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5017
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:29 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:It's not your opinion. It's the fact that you come in with absolutely nothing constructive to take the same dump in every goddamn thread on here. Your a goddamn vulture, and I'm sick of it.


    It is my opinion, its just that its not the same as yours and you cant handle that for some reason. When the team has been stuck in the same cycle for the past 6 years, criticism should be expected.

    If you cant handle mine or others posts, my advise to you is to not read them. Its not hard.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:51 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No Expectations? Now THAT is funny.
    I'll leave it at that.........


    My expectations are a good regular season, probable playoff appearance, and the typical early playoff exit. Thats been the story for the past 5 years and I dont see that changing until theres a new head coach.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 pm
  • That doesn't sound fun at all. But oh well, to each his/her own.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17477
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:17 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Here is the problem Pitt.

    Is there ANY realistically possible trade we could have done last year that would have made a difference? Even in hindsight? (not but not knowing our CB or our FS would be terrible)

    Not sure there was. No move would have won us the game against the Rams, because the reason was lost to the Rams was not a roster issue. It was because we came in unprepared and we tried to force Wilson to play a type of football we hadn't really played for almost a half year.

    It might have been because we kept Wilson in the pocket against withering pressure by the Rams, and he predictably struggled. And it could have been because we were still trying to throw long when we couldn't protect him.

    It wasn't because Adams wasn't good enough. Or didn't contribute.

    You trade for a guy like Adams because they are worth taking the risk in order to go deeper in the playoffs. We had that chance and even were set up for that success. But Carroll is the NFL version of Doc Rivers and all that entails.

    Guys like Maulbert and Maelstrom get angry because complaints about Carroll keep popping up in thread after thread. But if you have a root problem, then trying to figure out what is wrong with the leaves, fruit, flowers, bark, etc....usually stems from that.

    We are picked third in our division for a reason. Even though we have the better QB. Even though nobody even knows what is going on with the 49ers QB. Because they have the better coaches. Adams will not fix that.

    He was, however, our best shot. Our best shot was to win the division, get the home stadium, and leverage Wilson to make a deep run. We got the division and home games, and some of those wins to get us there were directly the result of adding guys like Adams and Dunlap.


    The other question is, if you don't get Adams, do you really think those 1sts we lost would even matter? What is our record with turning 1sts into players that contribute immediately or even as valuable starters?


    Honestly, I would have to go back and look at the FA's available, but I know a safety wasnt the answer to the issues. Team needed pass rush, Dline, and Oline (of course) and they surely could have gotten a stud at one of those positions with what they spent on Adams. Honestly, Mcdougald was fine at safety and I highly doubt the Adams addition helped much if any more than if Mcdougald would have stayed (yes I realize he got hurt last season, but he may not have playing in Seattle).

    I agree with you about Carroll being the root problem and with some not accepting that, there is going to be disagreements.

    As for Adams being the best shot for Seattle moving forward, I still dont know why you think that. There were a few DE's like Dupree, Griffen, Judon, Ogbah, or Vernon that would have been the smarter move IMO. Lets be honest, it took getting Dunlap before the defense could even get out of their own way.

    As for the 1sts, no I have zero confidence the FO would have picked anybody worth anything with them. I just wish they would have used them on a different position.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:13 am
  • It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1972
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:07 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:02 am
  • BASF wrote:It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.


    BASF, you have a legit point and i'm not arguing against it, but its hard for me to believe that it took half of a season for the defense to realize their roles. The coaches and players watch film and practice all week long and it took a sit down with each individual player mid season for their assignments to finally sink in? Was it pure coincidence the defense seemed to turn around when they added the piece that should have been addressed from the get go? I dont think so. I think Carroll gambled that blitzing Adams would fix the pass rush issues and it failed miserably. Its a classic case of ignoring what you really need and trying to scheme around it.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 pm
  • BASF wrote:It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.


    Nice post,

    What comes to mind is that old forest and tree analogy. In this case .... can't see the forest because of a view blocking tree. Differences in focus are noticeable thru out the forum. Forum nearsightedness often takes on a comic book flavor with flawless praise for alleged super heroes and as well as relentless condemnation for alleged super villains. I'm convince that not everyone is cognizant of the interdependence at work in team sports.

    In addition to differences in focus, there seems to be a great range of depth in understanding the schemes employed during the course of a game. So If one addresses why a player was added to enhance or make possible a particular scheme to be folded in with other schemes, that doesn't necessarily register with everyone who reads such a post.

    You make a good point about the coaches going thru roughly half a season before having one on one meetings addressing assignment discipline. In the past, that was something player leadership at all three levels could be counted on to address during the course of a season. I would expect field leadership to be better with this group and be more closely monitored. Especially coming off of the success coaches had last year with one on one meetings. I doubt they will have any hesitancy to intercede much earlier this year.

    One final aspect. I find it interesting that the original post that kicked off this thread was made 11 months ago. That's a long time to be stuck and hung up on repeating the same objections over and over again. But we all learn with individual uniqueness.

    Learning and growing is what the Seahawks program is all about.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10253
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:08 pm
  • Jville wrote:
    BASF wrote:It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.


    Nice post,

    What comes to mind is that old forest and tree analogy. In this case .... can't see the forest because of a view blocking tree. Differences in focus are noticeable thru out the forum. Forum nearsightedness often takes on a comic book flavor with flawless praise for alleged super heroes and as well as relentless condemnation for alleged super villains. I'm convince that not everyone is cognizant of the interdependence at work in team sports.

    In addition to differences in focus, there seems to be a great range of depth in understanding the schemes employed during the course of a game. So If one addresses why a player was added to enhance or make possible a particular scheme to be folded in with other schemes, that doesn't necessarily register with everyone who reads such a post.

    You make a good point about the coaches going thru roughly half a season before having one on one meetings addressing assignment discipline. In the past, that was something player leadership at all three levels could be counted on to address during the course of a season. I would expect field leadership to be better with this group and be more closely monitored. Especially coming off of the success coaches had last year with one on one meetings. I doubt they will have any hesitancy to intercede much earlier this year.

    One final aspect. I find it interesting that the original post that kicked off this thread was made 11 months ago. That's a long time to be stuck and hung up on repeating the same objections over and over again. But we all learn with individual uniqueness.

    Learning and growing is what the Seahawks program is all about.



    So many forget the LOB having Toast issues with guys splitting the coverage for almost half season also till they decided to have film days with all 4 or them and Bobby.

    We have pieced together a secondary that did not play collectively together much and changed out pieces on the fly, it takes time not only to adjust and learn the defense but assignment and then on field calls as well as the body and tendencies of your team mates.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 36199
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:29 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    BASF wrote:It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.


    Nice post,

    What comes to mind is that old forest and tree analogy. In this case .... can't see the forest because of a view blocking tree. Differences in focus are noticeable thru out the forum. Forum nearsightedness often takes on a comic book flavor with flawless praise for alleged super heroes and as well as relentless condemnation for alleged super villains. I'm convince that not everyone is cognizant of the interdependence at work in team sports.

    In addition to differences in focus, there seems to be a great range of depth in understanding the schemes employed during the course of a game. So If one addresses why a player was added to enhance or make possible a particular scheme to be folded in with other schemes, that doesn't necessarily register with everyone who reads such a post.

    You make a good point about the coaches going thru roughly half a season before having one on one meetings addressing assignment discipline. In the past, that was something player leadership at all three levels could be counted on to address during the course of a season. I would expect field leadership to be better with this group and be more closely monitored. Especially coming off of the success coaches had last year with one on one meetings. I doubt they will have any hesitancy to intercede much earlier this year.

    One final aspect. I find it interesting that the original post that kicked off this thread was made 11 months ago. That's a long time to be stuck and hung up on repeating the same objections over and over again. But we all learn with individual uniqueness.

    Learning and growing is what the Seahawks program is all about.



    So many forget the LOB having Toast issues with guys splitting the coverage for almost half season also till they decided to have film days with all 4 or them and Bobby.

    We have pieced together a secondary that did not play collectively together much and changed out pieces on the fly, it takes time not only to adjust and learn the defense but assignment and then on field calls as well as the body and tendencies of your team mates.

    Excellent Recall :2thumbs: Thanks for the reminder.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10253
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    BASF wrote:It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.


    Nice post,

    What comes to mind is that old forest and tree analogy. In this case .... can't see the forest because of a view blocking tree. Differences in focus are noticeable thru out the forum. Forum nearsightedness often takes on a comic book flavor with flawless praise for alleged super heroes and as well as relentless condemnation for alleged super villains. I'm convince that not everyone is cognizant of the interdependence at work in team sports.

    In addition to differences in focus, there seems to be a great range of depth in understanding the schemes employed during the course of a game. So If one addresses why a player was added to enhance or make possible a particular scheme to be folded in with other schemes, that doesn't necessarily register with everyone who reads such a post.

    You make a good point about the coaches going thru roughly half a season before having one on one meetings addressing assignment discipline. In the past, that was something player leadership at all three levels could be counted on to address during the course of a season. I would expect field leadership to be better with this group and be more closely monitored. Especially coming off of the success coaches had last year with one on one meetings. I doubt they will have any hesitancy to intercede much earlier this year.

    One final aspect. I find it interesting that the original post that kicked off this thread was made 11 months ago. That's a long time to be stuck and hung up on repeating the same objections over and over again. But we all learn with individual uniqueness.

    Learning and growing is what the Seahawks program is all about.



    So many forget the LOB having Toast issues with guys splitting the coverage for almost half season also till they decided to have film days with all 4 or them and Bobby.

    We have pieced together a secondary that did not play collectively together much and changed out pieces on the fly, it takes time not only to adjust and learn the defense but assignment and then on field calls as well as the body and tendencies of your team mates.


    It took a half of a season before having film days? It took a half of a season to recognize there was a problem before addressing it? In the NFL? If that is truly the case, that is piss poor coaching. Seriously, its the NFL, not high school football.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:56 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    BASF wrote:It is very interesting seeing the argument against Adams regarding the improvement of the defense and that it was just the addition of Dunlap that changed their effectiveness. It completely ignores the several press conferences from the players and coaches from the subsequent weeks when the turnaround happened that the main problem was assignment correctness and that the coaches (here I am going to emphasize FINALLY after eight weeks) had meetings with each defensive player individually to get them all on the page.

    Adams was definitely one of the players that was trying to do too much and creating opportunities for a good opposing offensive coordinator to exploit, but he was hardly the only one. The Dunlap trade definitely helped in the pressure department and that helped the secondary, but the coaches FINALLY doing their job was the biggest change.


    Nice post,

    What comes to mind is that old forest and tree analogy. In this case .... can't see the forest because of a view blocking tree. Differences in focus are noticeable thru out the forum. Forum nearsightedness often takes on a comic book flavor with flawless praise for alleged super heroes and as well as relentless condemnation for alleged super villains. I'm convince that not everyone is cognizant of the interdependence at work in team sports.

    In addition to differences in focus, there seems to be a great range of depth in understanding the schemes employed during the course of a game. So If one addresses why a player was added to enhance or make possible a particular scheme to be folded in with other schemes, that doesn't necessarily register with everyone who reads such a post.

    You make a good point about the coaches going thru roughly half a season before having one on one meetings addressing assignment discipline. In the past, that was something player leadership at all three levels could be counted on to address during the course of a season. I would expect field leadership to be better with this group and be more closely monitored. Especially coming off of the success coaches had last year with one on one meetings. I doubt they will have any hesitancy to intercede much earlier this year.

    One final aspect. I find it interesting that the original post that kicked off this thread was made 11 months ago. That's a long time to be stuck and hung up on repeating the same objections over and over again. But we all learn with individual uniqueness.

    Learning and growing is what the Seahawks program is all about.



    So many forget the LOB having Toast issues with guys splitting the coverage for almost half season also till they decided to have film days with all 4 or them and Bobby.

    We have pieced together a secondary that did not play collectively together much and changed out pieces on the fly, it takes time not only to adjust and learn the defense but assignment and then on field calls as well as the body and tendencies of your team mates.


    It took a half of a season before having film days? It took a half of a season to recognize there was a problem before addressing it? In the NFL? If that is truly the case, that is piss poor coaching. Seriously, its the NFL, not high school football.


    Don't you have a Jerome Bettis Jersey to get autographed, I am sure the line is much shorter these days. I think his book signings is happening somewhere, How we stole a Super Bowl.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 36199
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:13 pm
  • The hope was that Adams could change things. It did and it didn't.

    In a normal circumstance, no way you do that deal. But considering Pete's defenses rely on great safety play and Pete was either going to win with defense or go down trying??

    You probably had to make the trade. Especially considering the opportunity and uncertainty.

    Probably a matter of perspective but this is both the floor and ceiling.

    With Carroll and Wilson, we are almost assured to make the playoffs. And with Carroll and Wilson we are also almost certainly going to lose the divisional playoff game. No matter what our roster looks like.

    There is a lot of debating the hows and whys, whether it is Wilson falling short or Pete holding Wilson back or something else.

    But we are at close to a decade now, and while so many things have changed - one thing that has not is the end result.

    Maybe this is our year, but in a NFC West where we are probably the #3 team - not sure it makes sense to expect much.

    The Adams trade didn't work out for us if the goal was deeper runs in the playoffs. But if the goal was to win the division and give us the best chance in the playoffs - it probably did.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5017
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:01 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Nice post,

    What comes to mind is that old forest and tree analogy. In this case .... can't see the forest because of a view blocking tree. Differences in focus are noticeable thru out the forum. Forum nearsightedness often takes on a comic book flavor with flawless praise for alleged super heroes and as well as relentless condemnation for alleged super villains. I'm convince that not everyone is cognizant of the interdependence at work in team sports.

    In addition to differences in focus, there seems to be a great range of depth in understanding the schemes employed during the course of a game. So If one addresses why a player was added to enhance or make possible a particular scheme to be folded in with other schemes, that doesn't necessarily register with everyone who reads such a post.

    You make a good point about the coaches going thru roughly half a season before having one on one meetings addressing assignment discipline. In the past, that was something player leadership at all three levels could be counted on to address during the course of a season. I would expect field leadership to be better with this group and be more closely monitored. Especially coming off of the success coaches had last year with one on one meetings. I doubt they will have any hesitancy to intercede much earlier this year.

    One final aspect. I find it interesting that the original post that kicked off this thread was made 11 months ago. That's a long time to be stuck and hung up on repeating the same objections over and over again. But we all learn with individual uniqueness.

    Learning and growing is what the Seahawks program is all about.



    So many forget the LOB having Toast issues with guys splitting the coverage for almost half season also till they decided to have film days with all 4 or them and Bobby.

    We have pieced together a secondary that did not play collectively together much and changed out pieces on the fly, it takes time not only to adjust and learn the defense but assignment and then on field calls as well as the body and tendencies of your team mates.


    It took a half of a season before having film days? It took a half of a season to recognize there was a problem before addressing it? In the NFL? If that is truly the case, that is piss poor coaching. Seriously, its the NFL, not high school football.


    Don't you have a Jerome Bettis Jersey to get autographed, I am sure the line is much shorter these days. I think his book signings is happening somewhere, How we stole a Super Bowl.


    Your bitterness toward my point is noted.

    So you think its perfectly normal for NFL teams to take 7 to 9 games to recognize issues that plagued them from the start and to finally address them in film sessions that have been going on before the season even started? Lol, ok then.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2282
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online