Seahawks sign QB

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this point Manion isn’t yet signed but that perhaps is just a technicality.

Wonder which QB will be released when he is actually signed ?

flv

Reaction score
The Vikings ought to be desperate to temporarily re-sign him since Cousins and Mond have both gone down with covid19. He's a terrible QB but at least in preseason he could mimic whatever the Vikings 2021 system was supposed to be. Mannion would be an awful signing for the Seahawks. He is the antithesis of what the Seahawks have done on offense. He's immobile and he doesn't throw down field. I'm amazed he has lasted 6 seasons in the NFL.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1421917902064611330[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1421920308798263296[/tweet]

His value lies in his familiarity with the new system being installed.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3ub62tzx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1421917902064611330[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1421920308798263296[/tweet]

His value lies in his familiarity with the new system being installed.

Adding to your thought, his value is knowing and being able to help teach terminology in the class room, in drills and the huddle in practice to the other players and QB's.

Pretty sure he knows he is not going to see the field on this team.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OK but would that not be Geno's role?

Or is Geno's role really where the QB competition will occur?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno is the backup. This signing is meaningless.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":25s9e94l said:

Geno has nothing on lock. He certainly doesn't deserve the job without competition.

It amazes me that you want us to dump a talent like Adams at safety but think Smith is an adequate backup QB going forward.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":3kwyqgx9 said:
pittpnthrs":3kwyqgx9 said:

Geno has nothing on lock. He certainly doesn't deserve the job without competition.

It amazes me that you want us to dump a talent like Adams at safety but think Smith is an adequate backup QB going forward.

Where did I say Smith was adequate? The problem is Mannion is horrible.

As I said, Smith is the backup. Maybe they could have upgraded the position if they didnt have to come up with so much money to pay a freaking safety.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't like Mannion from a talent standpoint, but I think his signing is interesting on a few levels, in terms of his profile and his experience with Waldron.

He could very well be brought in to bring others up to speed verbiage wise. Help them grasp the offense. Sort of a coach who also is on the field with the scout team to help them assimilate to new system.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
All right Mael, but the point remains:

When have the Hawks had two vets as backup QBs? They hate spending money on that position for one.

And for two, can anyone direct me to any tape that Geno (or Mannion for that matter) has produced in the past three years?

907Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":v9em73yv said:
I don't like Mannion from a talent standpoint, but I think his signing is interesting on a few levels, in terms of his profile and his experience with Waldron.

He could very well be brought in to bring others up to speed verbiage wise. Help them grasp the offense. Sort of a coach who also is on the field with the scout team to help them assimilate to new system.

This checks out.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2nq1ku5j said:

When have the Hawks had two vets as backup QBs? They hate spending money on that position for one.

And for two, can anyone direct me to any tape that Geno (or Mannion for that matter) has produced in the past three years?

I don't think they'll keep two backups. I'd assume Mannion is likely gone come cutdown to 53, unless Geno has problems grasping the new system. Then Geno is gone and Mannion stays.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1ftej96y said:

You don't know what a back up really does do you?

Stepping into a game as needed is just one of their jobs.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":5cyxzhy1 said:
SantaClaraHawk":5cyxzhy1 said:

Well yes, but you'd expect with Hawks that they'd have one vet guy at backup and then maybe a PS-type QB.

In any case they signed Smith to about a 1.2M deal, vet minimum for him. What are they offering this other guy?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I dunno Mannion?? <-> Sounds a lot like Manning :baityes: :229031_thewave: :229031_shrug: :curious: :dummy: :dummy: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":en5mepng said:
chris98251":en5mepng said:
SantaClaraHawk":en5mepng said:

Well yes, but you'd expect with Hawks that they'd have one vet guy at backup and then maybe a PS-type QB.

In any case they signed Smith to about a 1.2M deal, vet minimum for him. What are they offering this other guy?

They carry 4 or 5 in pre season for drills, they added this guy as a chance but also as a guy that knows the offense, can be in film study and point out calls based on defenses and audibles available given personnel and set on the field, can work with Geno, Wilson, and Alex to drill on play calls and verbiage, lots of stuff to get the team and the QB's staying ahead of the curve.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":c12jonx0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":c12jonx0 said:
chris98251":c12jonx0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":c12jonx0 said:

They carry 4 or 5 in pre season for drills, they added this guy as a chance but also as a guy that knows the offense, can be in film study and point out calls based on defenses and audibles available given personnel and set on the field, can work with Geno, Wilson, and Alex to drill on play calls and verbiage, lots of stuff to get the team and the QB's staying ahead of the curve.
rr

Right man, but at the same time you gotta think there's an expectation of cheddar on Mannion's part. I mean, especially now with what's going on with the Vikes' quarterback room. It seems like this guy would have options elsewhere. And if the option here is to get someone who's gonna be like a coach-teacher of Waldron's offense, why wouldn't we put that guy in the No. 2 position to execute when/if Russ gets hurt, whether that be for a snap or longer?

Has Geno shown anything? I'm seriously asking. Have they ever trotted him out in garbage time?

AKNFidel

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I have no confidence Smith or Mannion can win a game if Wilson gets nicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":18sce6sj said:
chris98251":18sce6sj said:
SantaClaraHawk":18sce6sj said:
chris98251":18sce6sj said:

rr

Right man, but at the same time you gotta think there's an expectation of cheddar on Mannion's part. I mean, especially now with what's going on with the Vikes' quarterback room. It seems like this guy would have options elsewhere. And if the option here is to get someone who's gonna be like a coach-teacher of Waldron's offense, why wouldn't we put that guy in the No. 2 position to execute when/if Russ gets hurt, whether that be for a snap or longer?

Has Geno shown anything? I'm seriously asking. Have they ever trotted him out in garbage time?

The guy can throw, but not only is this guy a Statue in the Pocket, he has Anchors around his ankles, Geno is much more Mobile as is McGough, with our system rolling out and Read Option is part of the offense, If Sean is there we better have a top 5 pass blocking line.