PFF Gives Both Taylor And Robinson Elite Pass Rush Grades

massari

Reaction score
Robinson 12 snaps
Taylor 26 snaps

Crazy how much Taylor's athleticism stands out rushing the passer. Eskridge as well on the fly sweeps. Special athletes.

Flowers graded out pretty decent too.

K4yp7agf5an71

tersal

Reaction score
Robinson desrves more than 12 snaps Dunlap is far fromold but is on the wrong side of thirty. Give Robinson more snaps to keep Carlos fresh for the playoffs.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Always easier to pass rush on clear passing downs. Dunlap is playing early downs where you can’t just pin your ears back.

But agree the young guys need increasing reps.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
What made the 2013 Seahawks defensive line so formidable was that there was so much depth that the coaching staff could keep rotating DL players without compromising quality, and thus keep all their good linemen relatively fresh.

Seen that way, the emergence of multiple we-hoped-he-might pass rushers (in this case, last year's draftees, Robinson and Taylor) and the demand for more snaps that their performance generates isn't even "a good problem to have," because it's not a problem at all.
It's a sign that the 2021 Seahawks DL could be great like the 2013 Seahawks DL. The more the youngsters' performance "forces" more playing time for them, the fresher the older defensive linemen will be as the season wears on. With a 17th game added to the schedule this year, depth could be an even bigger factor than we're used to it being, and in 2013, it was a huge factor.

I think we should all stop and think for a second about how good the Seahawks front office and coaching staff are at some aspects of what they do. A year ago, the Seahawks defensive line was considered a weakness, the weakest point on the team. Rob Staton at SeahawksDraftBlog lost his mind and became convinced that the Seahawks were doomed to multiple terrible seasons because the front office didn't do what Staton thought it should do about the defensive line. And now we're looking at a defensive line that's more than solid, with what looks like unusually strong depth. In a year, the Seahawks DL has gone from the weakest part of the team, a primary concern of the Chicken Littles among us, to one of the team's strengths.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm all in on this year's diverse defensive line. And, I anticipate that the chemistry will become lights out as this 17 game season progresses.

But in week one, the Colts were at a severe disadvantage without a proven veteran left tackle and the play on field reflect that. That big factor also skewed the resulting numbers.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":2g77owiy said:
I'm all in on this year's diverse defensive line. And, I anticipate that the chemistry will become lights out as this 17 game season progresses.

But in week one, the Colts were at a severe disadvantage without a proven veteran left tackle and the play on field reflect that. That big factor also skewed the resulting numbers.
All ratings based on stats are kind of meaningless after just one game. They looked good, sure, so let's see how they are doing after the first 4-5 games of the season.

Yeah, loved what we saw last Sunday, but need more data before we start believing the 'best ever' talk. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The rotation is nice, but I'm sure w/in a month, Pete will have a much better idea who is going to get the bulk of the snaps. At the minimum, it's a great problem to have.

Jville

Reaction score
It should probably be noted that Taylor and Robinson are hybrids.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1438521609728380931[/tweet]

Defensive Coordinator Ken Norton has a rather rich collection of talent that can support a larger play book than what we saw last year. It's gonna be a bit more challenging for reporters and fans to keep up with changing personnel groups and schemes and shifts. I enjoyed the 5-2 looks last Sunday.

Both sides of the ball have the personnel to mix and match in support this year's theme ........... deception.

Fade

Reaction score
The transition to 5-2 which was talked about already in training camp make's sense. Shanny & Mcvay run a widezone scheme with lots of TE's you need the extra D-Lineman to deal with this.

This style of offense is proliferating over the entire league, even the Seahawks now run it. (Good for practice.)

Also too, it is effective against zone-read QBs, mobile QBs. Lance & Murray. Which is also increasing around the league.

The 2 High % doesn't really surprise me as they've been playing more and more Cover 2 over the last 3 years. Playing with a 2+ score lead in the second half and you know they are going to have to throw it to get back into the game will also lead to calling it more.

kf3339

Reaction score
Both young DE's looked good last week! It's a great problem to have and our depth is definitely more impressive than the last few years.

I'm still holding out hope that Nkemdiche is able to get healthy and becomes an interior force for us this year. I just have a feeling that we kept him on our veteran PS for that very reason. Hope I'm right!

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
According to Samuel Gold, Taylor was credited with a sack, a hit, and a hurry in 12 pass rushes. 25% pressures blowing up RT Braden Smith.

The Colts even doubled him later in the game.

[youtube]XTDWZWs-epI[/youtube]

Jville

Reaction score
massari":3afr16oz said:
According to Samuel Gold, Taylor was credited with a sack, a hit, and a hurry in 12 pass rushes. 25% pressures blowing up RT Braden Smith.

Thanks for posting ... :2thumbs: ... enjoyed the film study.

Samuel Gold is an excellent example of good journalism in this emerging era of Citizen Journalism.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":3139xbxi said:

Hell of a backhand compliment for Taylor, when your first game as a NFL player after you sat out a year with a injury and had never played in a NFL game they call for you to be doubled.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great video. Thanks for sharing. It's exciting that Taylor is starting to look like he's going to stick.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
nanomoz":2xs2nnqd said:
Great video. Thanks for sharing. It's exciting that Taylor is starting to look like he's going to stick.

Impressive for a 1st game for sure.

I'm going out on a limb and saying I think Taylor's going to be alright ;)

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3bix8bog said:
nanomoz":3bix8bog said:

Impressive for a 1st game for sure.

I'm going out on a limb and saying I think Taylor's going to be alright ;)

I am man enough to admit that I'm petty enough to really enjoy the hell out of imagining how the success of Taylor, Robinson, and Green must be eating at Rob Staton's pathetic heart. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... eat $#!+, Staton! Drown in your damned arrogance!

Of course, I'll leave it at just imagining, because I just don't want to visit seahawksdraftblog ever again, even with adblock on.

Latest posts