I think Russell is gone even if Pete goes

RiverDog

Reaction score
xray":16eu3r26 said:
I'm guessing that many fans wouldn't mind if they both left . New and fresh under center and on the sidelines would be exciting for a change . This team seems somewhat stale of late . IMO

If this season really tanks, then that's exactly the route I'll be advocating that we take...assuming that Russell wants out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bus8ci2 said:
SoulfishHawk":2bus8ci2 said:
Now THAT is funny. Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read it. Russ has never picked apart a defense? And Brady and Manning didn't have control? Now I've heard it all. Russ is literally one of the best of all time and a future HOF. He has more wins than any QB over his first 9 plus season. Record after record piling up. And you actually believe that teams don't respect him? Dear God, just when I thought this place could get more clueless, I read this crap.
I can't imagine what opposing DC's would think about that. Talk to any player and they will tell you how much of a problem it is to face Russ. He's one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL. He has saved Pete's a** much of his career by pulling out victories. That's a first....Russ doesn't get respect from his opponents. Yeah, the same players who voted him the 2nd best player in the league.

The more you know.......

Neither Brady nor Manning had control to choose their organizations GM or head coach.

Input? Sure. Involved in conversations? Sure.

Control? No. That's not smart football to trust a 30 something QB who has no experience whatsoever, or even the knowledge on how to go about a coaching search.

Russell would just pick one of his league buddies to come run the team.

Antonio Brown for sure................... :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lord Brady had that guy living in his home. Nobody batted an eye.
Russ showed interest, and he's now Satan. And since when has Russ had any control? Pete and the play calling has been keeping him down for years.
Rock on. CAPS LOCK FOREVER.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mag5y33 said:
Lord Brady had that guy living in his home. Nobody batted an eye.
Russ showed interest, and he's now Satan. And since when has Russ had any control? Pete and the play calling has been keeping him down for years.
Rock on. CAPS LOCK FOREVER.

No Russ's guy as Coach...................... :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like play calling and scheme is wasting his talent. And no, I'm not saying he's without fault. He needs to play better in the 2nd half of these games.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vgce20r said:
TwistedHusky":2vgce20r said:
Give Wilson complete control in picking the coach..

You don't entrust your entire franchise's future to a QB who spends all his spare time on IG and getting slimed at Nickelodeon events with his celebrity wife.

Maybe allow Russell to be in on the conversations, but you certainly don't give him full control. He has no experience or even idea how to do a GM and/or coach search. Peter McGlouglin is the team President, so if you fire John and Pete, he would be the proxy for Jody Allen to oversee the GM and coaching search.

Again, if you want to keep Russell? Sure, involved him in the conversations and meetings. But other than that, hell no to letting Russell control something so important as the next 10 years of your franchise's success.

IG/Nickelodeon - sorry - just a friendly reminder: forgot his new plane.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
chris98251":2a3uioev said:
Wilson may be looking at good QB's that still can play on disfunction team history, Manning to Denver, Brady to Tampa, now Stafford to L.A. Not unreasonable for him to look to go to a place that is a seasoned QB away from a Championship, the question would be where.

I'd like to see RW go to New England...if we're shipping him out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":lmi3o3dx said:
Wilson may be looking at good QB's that still can play on disfunction team history, Manning to Denver, Brady to Tampa, now Stafford to L.A. Not unreasonable for him to look to go to a place that is a seasoned QB away from a Championship, the question would be where.

That's exactly what happened.

Russell went to the SB and watched Brady win another ring with a new team, and he wants that. Thus the "hey I'm not demanding a trade, but if you're so inclined here are my teams!" nonsense.

He still doesn't have enough leverage to push his way out. Russell's going to be in the same situation Rodgers was this off season next off season.........two years remaining on his deal, with another two years of franchise tags.

So I can't see ANY scenario where Pete and John would trade away their franchise QB, even if Russell demanded it.

Russell has no leverage until 2023 when he's in the last year of his deal. Then he can pull a Rodgers.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is the sad part, a while back I wrote posts about how this team needed one or the other to succeed. Pete or RW, but both combined it's just not working. RW isn't how Pete wants to play the game (especially not with his salary and its cost to the rest of the team). Meanwhile RW can succeed but he needs a coach to coach and scheme to his abilities (and weaknesses). Now we're finally at this point, and I agree with you OP. We're going to lose both, it did not need to be this way, but it got dragged on so long this is where it is.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
RiverDog":ch1caxub said:
xray":ch1caxub said:
I'm guessing that many fans wouldn't mind if they both left . New and fresh under center and on the sidelines would be exciting for a change . This team seems somewhat stale of late . IMO

If this season really tanks, then that's exactly the route I'll be advocating that we take...assuming that Russell wants out.

I had the thought while watching the Chargers/Chiefs game on Sunday how much fun it must be to be a fan of the Chargers now, anticipating the promise of the future as opposed to being in Seattle, facing the dread of unfulfilled expectations. While I love Pete and Russ, if they can't get this mess fixed I wouldn't be opposed to blowing it up and starting over.

Haven't felt that way in a loooong, loooong time.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":331uwhpe said:

I've felt that way for 6 years now. Crazy its only now people are starting to see through the issues.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":aqyafz2a said:
imnKOgnito":aqyafz2a said:

I've felt that way for 6 years now. Crazy its only now people are starting to see through the issues.

Blowing up a team that goes to the playoffs 5 of 6 years would have been ridiculous. Sorry, but I can't agree with you on that. I'm not looking for the Seahawks to become the Jets. Been there, done that. And if THIS team rights the ship in the coming weeks, I could completely change my current tune. Winning heals a lot of wounds.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority but ... I think I have more confidence in Schneider than either RW or PC.

PC and RW are both good at what they do and I'm not complaining about their successes or pointing fingers or assigning blame. It's silly to complain about either of them when compared to their peers. However, there is a reasonable cost-benefit argument. For all the success, I think there are glaring problems with both: specifically that RW makes too much to be able to have a top 10 D and PC is 70 and needs a top 10 D for his scheme.

If one or both move on, I hope JS sticks around. He brought in the LOB and RW. Sure there are misses and I'm not saying he's perfect. Some of the decisions have been pretty bad, but we don't really know if those decisions were his or PC's. We do know the late-round diamonds were all JS wins. I just think JS could be the crucial piece of a re-build and I don't see PC or RW (successfully) taking part in that re-build.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chrispy":2kzvn9pi said:
Maybe I'm in the minority but ... I think I have more confidence in Schneider than either RW or PC.

PC and RW are both good at what they do and I'm not complaining about their successes or pointing fingers or assigning blame. It's silly to complain about either of them when compared to their peers. However, there is a reasonable cost-benefit argument. For all the success, I think there are glaring problems with both: specifically that RW makes too much to be able to have a top 10 D and PC is 70 and needs a top 10 D for his scheme.

If one or both move on, I hope JS sticks around. He brought in the LOB and RW. Sure there are misses and I'm not saying he's perfect. Some of the decisions have been pretty bad, but we don't really know if those decisions were his or PC's. We do know the late-round diamonds were all JS wins. I just think JS could be the crucial piece of a re-build and I don't see PC or RW (successfully) taking part in that re-build.

I think JS is criminally overrated, and like Pete, is living off of his reputation from 10 years ago. Seattle hasent had a decent draft since 2015.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":xvqwdf79 said:
chrispy":xvqwdf79 said:

I think JS is criminally overrated, and like Pete, is living off of his reputation from 10 years ago. Seattle hasent had a decent draft since 2015.
Just like Norton, Schneider is a whipping boy for Carroll.

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chrispy":1poqzjlh said:

I wouldn't have a problem with that

eo620

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I am a Seahawks fan since '84 and a huge RW fan. PC, for all the good he's accomplished, is a fool for not using Wilson to his talents .

If Pete wants to be a run first team, then let RW go and get a QB who can hand the ball off all game. PLEASE trade Wilson to NO for a crap load of picks and Winston/Hill. It's sad and frustrating to watch Pete waste Wilson's talent and skills. The Saints would have to move quickly to get Wilson the targets that he needs. Dk's a FA soon! Why would Lockett want to stay without the targets?

Yes, it's all a vodka induced dream ...

Tinamedina

Reaction score
chris98251":1i4nscl5 said:

only teams i can see that are a qb away from a championship would be, saints, giants, dolphins.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1zqwq7to said:
Sgt. Largent":1zqwq7to said:
TwistedHusky":1zqwq7to said:
Largent,

You do what you have to do.

This team turns into a bottom feeder without Pete and Wilson.

With just Pete, it will not only become a bottom feeder but strip any future draft capital away for years.

With just Wilson, you MIGHT attract a good HC. Sorry, he is the most important person on this team and is the biggest threat to leave - you give him what he wants.

Now you CAN find the best option for the team and then convince him of it. The trick with these kinds of people is to make them think it is their idea. Then they will support it enthusiastically.

But the linchpin is still going to be, what Wilson wants Wilson gets, because he will get that somewhere else if we refuse. Not even sure THAT would be enough, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure this is what Pete and John did with Russell when they hired Waldron, made him think it was his idea.

Not sure if it'd work twice.

So sure, trick, involve in conversations and communication. But entrust with choosing? Hell to the no.

What franchise has ever done this and it worked out.
The answer is none just as it should be and you certainly don't do it with a QB on the back nine of his career.

I still don't understand what people have seen in Russell's play over the years that makes them think he can operate and lead a team in the manner that Brady, Brees, Manning did and do. Those guys didn't even get that much control and they shouldn't have. Russell doesn't command that kind of respect from opposing teams. He doesn't force opposing defenses out of what they want to do. He doesn't command the LOS and dictate the game. He never has and we're 10 years in. His physical skills (which are diminishing) demand respect from opposing defenses, but that is strictly limited to them wanted to control the big play. The next time you hear an opposing coach talk about not letting Russell Wilson pick them apart down the field, will be the first time.

There's some truth to what your saying and the only argument for keeping Pete. My counter to this would be how many QB's have been drafted have had the kind of success that Wilson and Mahomes have had . None have done what Wilson and Mahomes have the consistency of great foot ball year 1 on . Look at this group of QB's taken it's very very difficult to find QB's that can dominate like they have right out of the gate . So if we lose Wilson replacing him is easy replacing him with another QB of his talent COULD TAKE YEARS. It's possible they could hit thejackpot again but history shows that rarely ever happens.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1lqz0wsu said:
OrangeGravy":1lqz0wsu said:
Sgt. Largent":1lqz0wsu said:
TwistedHusky":1lqz0wsu said:
Largent,

You do what you have to do.

This team turns into a bottom feeder without Pete and Wilson.

With just Pete, it will not only become a bottom feeder but strip any future draft capital away for years.

With just Wilson, you MIGHT attract a good HC. Sorry, he is the most important person on this team and is the biggest threat to leave - you give him what he wants.

Now you CAN find the best option for the team and then convince him of it. The trick with these kinds of people is to make them think it is their idea. Then they will support it enthusiastically.

But the linchpin is still going to be, what Wilson wants Wilson gets, because he will get that somewhere else if we refuse. Not even sure THAT would be enough, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure this is what Pete and John did with Russell when they hired Waldron, made him think it was his idea.

Not sure if it'd work twice.

So sure, trick, involve in conversations and communication. But entrust with choosing? Hell to the no.

What franchise has ever done this and it worked out.
The answer is none just as it should be and you certainly don't do it with a QB on the back nine of his career.

I still don't understand what people have seen in Russell's play over the years that makes them think he can operate and lead a team in the manner that Brady, Brees, Manning did and do. Those guys didn't even get that much control and they shouldn't have. Russell doesn't command that kind of respect from opposing teams. He doesn't force opposing defenses out of what they want to do. He doesn't command the LOS and dictate the game. He never has and we're 10 years in. His physical skills (which are diminishing) demand respect from opposing defenses, but that is strictly limited to them wanted to control the big play. The next time you hear an opposing coach talk about not letting Russell Wilson pick them apart down the field, will be the first time.

There's some truth to what your saying and the only argument for keeping Pete. My counter to this would be how many QB's have been drafted have had the kind of success that Wilson and Mahomes have had . None have done what Wilson and Mahomes have the consistency of great foot ball year 1 on . Look at this group of QB's taken it's very very difficult to find QB's that can dominate like they have right out of the gate . So if we lose Wilson replacing him is easy replacing him with another QB of his talent COULD TAKE YEARS. It's possible they could hit thejackpot again but history shows that rarely ever happens.

Just ask the Jets, Dolphins, and Eagles.

Actually Ken O'Brein was a great QB on an abysmal team, much like Archie Manning.