Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre Flowers released

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 pm
  • Not sure who the last player to ask to 'be released' in public was?

    Obviously a bit of a symptom and a bit of the problem.

    He wasn't screaming at himself recently on the sidelines during the Titans game.

    I can't remember screaming at coaches like that since Sherm.

    Something's definitely wrong.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 210
    Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:14 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:14 pm
  • rsRyno wrote:
    PNW wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:Watch him go resurrect his career as a safety somewhere else. Good luck to Trey.

    Agreed, I think he could resurrect his career at safety

    I’m curious to see him elsewhere and I’m hoping it’s at corner. I wanna see how he does with new coaches and a different (better?) scheme. I keep going back to DJ Reed when I think about these corners. Reed came from San Fran and was hurt. He was thrown in to playing time/a starting spot basically immediately mid season and shined; he looked great. Then, he spends an off-season with these coaches in our scheme and now he looks terrible. Why? That tells me it’s coaching.


    Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2100
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:07 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:19 pm
  • BASF wrote:
    rsRyno wrote:
    PNW wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:Watch him go resurrect his career as a safety somewhere else. Good luck to Trey.

    Agreed, I think he could resurrect his career at safety

    I’m curious to see him elsewhere and I’m hoping it’s at corner. I wanna see how he does with new coaches and a different (better?) scheme. I keep going back to DJ Reed when I think about these corners. Reed came from San Fran and was hurt. He was thrown in to playing time/a starting spot basically immediately mid season and shined; he looked great. Then, he spends an off-season with these coaches in our scheme and now he looks terrible. Why? That tells me it’s coaching.


    Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.


    Tre's rookie season was quite ok too.
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3326
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:25 pm
  • It’s crazy that he was the starter and is now our right released. Maybe it was because he questioned the scheme. Either way the defense is awful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HawkinNY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 775
    Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:12 am
    Location: Long Island, NY


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:28 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    BASF wrote:
    rsRyno wrote:
    PNW wrote:Agreed, I think he could resurrect his career at safety

    I’m curious to see him elsewhere and I’m hoping it’s at corner. I wanna see how he does with new coaches and a different (better?) scheme. I keep going back to DJ Reed when I think about these corners. Reed came from San Fran and was hurt. He was thrown in to playing time/a starting spot basically immediately mid season and shined; he looked great. Then, he spends an off-season with these coaches in our scheme and now he looks terrible. Why? That tells me it’s coaching.


    Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.


    Tre's rookie season was quite ok too.

    Not that weird of a comment. There was tape on Reed. Teams already had it. Reed wasn’t a rookie last season so not having tape isn’t an argument here.
    rsRyno
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 85
    Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:15 pm
    Location: Clarkston, WA


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:54 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Long overdue to say the least :?


    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    The #Seahawks are releasing former starting CB Tre Flowers, source said, a move that he recently requested. An experienced corner with four years of starting experience now available.
    1:30 PM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter for iPhone


    He played safety in college the team attempted to convert him into a cornerback failed experiment. I wish he would have had a chance to play his natural position at safety. Also the lack of a consistent pass rush did not help his cause at all.
    tersal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 234
    Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 4:30 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:56 pm
  • tersal wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Long overdue to say the least :?


    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    The #Seahawks are releasing former starting CB Tre Flowers, source said, a move that he recently requested. An experienced corner with four years of starting experience now available.
    1:30 PM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter for iPhone


    He played safety in college the team attempted to convert him into a cornerback failed experiment. I wish he would have had a chance to play his natural position at safety. Also the lack of a consistent pass rush did not help his cause at all.

    I'm curious how'd he play at Safety. Terrible corner, probably would've been a pretty dreadful too, but we won't know. If he gets picked up by another team I'd be interesting if he says at CB or said team takes him back to S.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1237
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:58 pm
  • rsRyno wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    BASF wrote:
    rsRyno wrote:I’m curious to see him elsewhere and I’m hoping it’s at corner. I wanna see how he does with new coaches and a different (better?) scheme. I keep going back to DJ Reed when I think about these corners. Reed came from San Fran and was hurt. He was thrown in to playing time/a starting spot basically immediately mid season and shined; he looked great. Then, he spends an off-season with these coaches in our scheme and now he looks terrible. Why? That tells me it’s coaching.


    Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.


    Tre's rookie season was quite ok too.

    Not that weird of a comment. There was tape on Reed. Teams already had it. Reed wasn’t a rookie last season so not having tape isn’t an argument here.


    You are aware that tape on being a safety/slot corner is a lot different than tape as the starting right corner back?
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2100
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:07 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 pm
  • BASF wrote:
    rsRyno wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    BASF wrote:
    Such a weird comment. The fact is that with no film on Reed last season offensive coordinators did not know his tendencies to attack him. It is the same for receivers watching film as far as how they can get the DBs to bite on certain moves.


    Tre's rookie season was quite ok too.

    Not that weird of a comment. There was tape on Reed. Teams already had it. Reed wasn’t a rookie last season so not having tape isn’t an argument here.


    You are aware that tape on being a safety/slot corner is a lot different than tape as the starting right corner back?


    I do understand it’s somewhat different for the slot (and a ton different for safety). Thing is, though, that he played slot at first for us and looked great. Then he moved to the outside and looked great. He didn’t give cushion, he was aggressive, he defended well. Now, he plays outside again while giving cushion and not defending well. That’s not tape. I’m not saying some tape for tendencies might be playing in to it, but I am saying that he is now playing the position different than he did last year.
    rsRyno
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 85
    Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:15 pm
    Location: Clarkston, WA


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:46 pm
  • Flowers is now a Bengal. Cincy just downgraded their secondary.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3968
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:09 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Flowers is now a Bengal. Cincy just downgraded their secondary.


    Prob end up in the Pro Bowl :sarcasm_on:
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1557
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:29 pm
  • I wonder if he would have been more successful if they left him as a safety?
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1786
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:10 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:I wonder if he would have been more successful if they left him as a safety?


    He couldnt have been any worse.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2597
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:34 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:I wonder if he would have been more successful if they left him as a safety?


    He couldnt have been any worse.


    It can always get worse................
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 36996
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:54 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I can't fathom being anything but glad he's off the roster. Dear god, did people even watch him play???


    100%
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1257
    Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:18 pm
  • Pete over the years: "Hey let's grab a safety and make them a CB and a guard and make a center and a TE and make them a DE and on and on and on. " Still waiting on the punter to QB and kicker to linebacker failed experiment.

    Me, a stupid fan: Hey Pete how about grabbing the player that played for years at a high level at a specific position and play them at that effing position. I know, stupid right?
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1070
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:20 pm
  • Agree 100%
    Also, let’s move our young stud RG and put him at C, then LG.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1016
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 pm
    Location: Down Under


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Flowers is now a Bengal. Cincy just downgraded their secondary.


    Prob end up in the Pro Bowl :sarcasm_on:

    Nope!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35859
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:35 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Flowers is now a Bengal. Cincy just downgraded their secondary.

    Poor bastards! Bet he doesn’t make it thru the season without getting cut again.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35859
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Tre Flowers released
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:24 pm
  • Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cincinnati Bengals organization during this difficult time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2010
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 am
  • Hendo66 wrote:Agree 100%
    Also, let’s move our young stud RG and put him at C, then LG.


    He was easily the best option for emergency center that game and ended up giving an impressive performance once settled in.

    Also, he moved to the left to accommodate the addition of a very good free agent guard in Gabe Jackson.

    Not sure why we're clutching pearls
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5604
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Tre Flowers released
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 am
  • Would Flowers be starting for the Bengals? Love to see how he perform under a different organization.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3326
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Tre Flowers released
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 am
  • Good for Tre to get to play for a better team.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 6646
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Previous


It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online