DK is taking a lot of crap today

chris98251

Reaction score
He has potential star power, if you think he is going to sit in mediocrity on a team that's run first, that is spiraling downward, and he can cash in on what he has flashed to date having come from a NFL family that knows the business side your crazy. Any team looking for a 5 year talent that can give them over the top speed and is as physical as he is will pay bank for him, we will not, especially if they try to sign Wilson also which is going to be 325 to 350 million by itself, DK is going to demand close to 125 to 150 million as well.

But go ahead and polish that Dreamcatcher up.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
chris98251":i42twbsf said:
SoulfishHawk":i42twbsf said:
He literally JUST HAD A 2 TOUDOWN GAME and outplayed Ramsey.
Geezus

Oh after they went prevent or loose protect.

That game was personal since Ramsey had bad mouthed him from the previous meeting though and he came back with that game.

Stars show up every game however in some fashion.

I wonder if you watch the games…. DK’s first TD put the Hawks up 7-0 in the 2nd and the other made the score 16-14 in the 3rd. Hardly prevent or loose.

And unless you know him personally your assumptions about his intelligence are irrelevant.

chris98251

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":v8qwn0sd said:
chris98251":v8qwn0sd said:
SoulfishHawk":v8qwn0sd said:
He literally JUST HAD A 2 TOUDOWN GAME and outplayed Ramsey.
Geezus

Oh after they went prevent or loose protect.

That game was personal since Ramsey had bad mouthed him from the previous meeting though and he came back with that game.

Stars show up every game however in some fashion.

I wonder if you watch the games…. DK’s first TD put the Hawks up 7-0 in the 2nd and the other made the score 16-14 in the 3rd. Hardly prevent or loose.

And unless you know him personally your assumptions about his intelligence are irrelevant.

His family is generations of NFL players and experience, but then again the Fantasy players here know jack squat, he knows all about the business side of the game.

I don't need to know him personally, I can go off who he has as family who he asked for guidance when he got here, so now go Fish..............

Tokadub

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15hrujqh said:
Thing is, he was right.

DK has to fight for extra yards there because if he does not break free - we lose.

Sure it 'almost cost us the game' but it didn't.

And what cost us the game was going into overtime and doing nothing on offense.

DK isn't stupid.

You are on the road. If you go to overtime, especially with an overly conservative coach and a D grade QB, you are losing. And we did.

The only chance is breaking free fighting for yardage.

Shannon Sharpe was dead wrong. He doesn't watch Carroll enough to know we were running the effing clock down with minutes to go before the end of the game - seconds that became crucial to try to score a TD (which we did not) and even try for the FG.

DK was right even though he tends to lose the ball when he fights for yardage like that. Because if he fails to score there, we lose - and we did because he did.

'Hero ball' is the only way to overcome Carroll, who will happily run his own clock down WHILE BEHIND IN THE 4th QUARTER. It isn't a high % shot, but it is the only chance DK had and he took it.

His reaction to Sharpe is admittedly off. Shouldn't be reacting to Twitter after a loss regardless. But nothing wrong with how he played that.

We could of EASILY won the game if Jamal Adams could catch a ball off his facemask instead of playing like a 5 year old...

I understand your sentiment that the coaches aren't playing to win but DK not going out of bounds there was one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen.

You would have a much better argument if DK had even a chance to make a play, he had no chance it was just idiotic I'm sorry to say.

It was like if I had 1 play in the the NBA and I tried to dunk on Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo, or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar... Not only can I not dunk but they are gonna block it! That's how unlikely DK was to make anything happen on that play.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tokadub":15tqbs3h said:
We could of EASILY won the game if Jamal Adams could catch a ball off his facemask instead of playing like a 5 year old...

I understand your sentiment that the coaches aren't playing to win but DK not going out of bounds there was one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen.

You would have a much better argument if DK had even a chance to make a play, he had no chance it was just idiotic I'm sorry to say.

It was like if I had 1 play in the the NBA and I tried to dunk on Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo, or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar... Not only can I not dunk but they are gonna block it! That's how unlikely DK was to make anything happen on that play.

I had a DVR failure so I haven't been able to see the replay of the game, but if you take a look at the game situation, 14 seconds left, down by 3, ball at the Steelers 35, Hawks with no timeouts, and think about what you would do if you were Pittsburgh, you can get an idea of just how unlikely it was that any player is going to score a touchdown from 25 yards out near the sidelines.

From the Steelers perspective, the worst thing that could happen to them would be to allow a play to get either into the end zone or a completed pass on the sideline and inside the 20 where their odds of scoring on one play are much greater. So how are you going to deploy your defense? You're going to have 5-6 defensive backs between the 20 and the goal line with instructions to keep everything in front of them. You're willing to give up a play that nets 10 yards, as the Hawks did, because worst case is that the Hawks tie the game on a still challenging 40 something yard FG and send it to overtime.

It is absurd to claim that Metcalf had even a snowball's chance in hell of scoring on that play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dumb play, we all know it, and I guarantee he knows it. Didn't impact the game.
But, to equate that to him being stupid and/or a locker room killer like T.O., Antonio Brown or ODB? But I suspect people will dwell on this play the next year or so.
Talk about absurd. :?

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3f8vyj6i said:
Dumb play, we all know it, and I guarantee he knows it.

We all know it? Have you read all of the comments in this thread? It's alarming how many otherwise good football minds are defending Metcalf's decision.

And how do you know that Metcalf knows it? Certainly his Twitter war with Shannon Sharpe doesn't indicate that he recognizes his mistake. If you know of a direct quote from DK that shows that he knows he made a mistake, I would honestly like to see it. Everything I've read is quite to the contrary.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sticking up for the guy, but it absolutely was a dumb play. But the constant bashing from a bunch of couch athletes gets old.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":zmg330qu said:
I'm sticking up for the guy, but it absolutely was a dumb play. But the constant bashing from a bunch of couch athletes gets old.

Bashing from couch athletes is what forums like this are all about. It's what we do.

But I did ask a serious, honest question direct to you about Metcalf. What was it that has led you believe that he recognizes that he made a mistake? I'm not trying to grill you over it, rather one of the things that has disappointed me in this whole mini saga is DK's refusal to admit that he screwed up, that it won't happen again.

If he truly has admitted to his failings, then I, for one, would be more likely to give the guy a break.

K

K.J WRIGHT

The idiot sucks on a GD pacifier! That's probably why he fell so far in the draft....mental problems? WEIRD!!!

K

K.J WRIGHT

SoulfishHawk":2xd5jmrx said:
He literally JUST HAD A 2 TOUCHDOWN GAME and outplayed Ramsey.
Geezus
Not even worth the energy. Go Hawks

All you do is cry like baby if someone has a different opinion. Do you need a cyber hanky?

K

K.J WRIGHT

SoulfishHawk":1annf9nq said:
Dumb play, we all know it, and I guarantee he knows it. Didn't impact the game.
But, to equate that to him being stupid and/or a locker room killer like T.O., Antonio Brown or ODB? But I suspect people will dwell on this play the next year or so.
Talk about absurd. :?
You seemed rattled again ?