Your best Seahawk moments

Rat

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander going into absolute God mode in the second quarter in primetime against the Vikings. I don't think I've ever laughed so much during one of our games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rat":28xwjfq5 said:
Shaun Alexander going into absolute God mode in the second quarter in primetime against the Vikings. I don't think I've ever laughed so much during one of our games.
Not even during Super Bowl 48 when we curb-stomped the Broncos American History X style? When Percy came out and returned the second-half kick to the house, I was dying laughing.

eo620

Reaction score
This list keeps growing as I look back and look forward to a new season!

1. Beastquake - simply unforgettable. The noise coming from the Tv was nuts. It must've been insane live!

2. Tony Romo (2006 WC game)- I damn near had a stroke on this play but what a memory.

3. Kam (2012) - Rocked Vernon Davis' world!

4. NFC Championship (2013) - Crabtree was never the same! My word! Those SF games were fun!

5. 2005 game vs NY Giants. I HATE the Giants. 12th man represented!!!

6. Damaryious Thomas- - You knew then the SB was ours.

7. Houston Texans 2013 - Great game. Watson vs. Wilson, but Richard Sherman steals the show.

Jac

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1e5ocn1w said:
That first Wildcard playoff win vs the Broncos in 1983 has to get a mention. It was the 1st game I attended and it was a complete riot.
[youtube]V_XEMLPkFqE[/youtube]

The sequel to this game was my first time watching football and when I became a fan. Krieg to Largent (deep) followed by Curt Warner sweep right in the last minute (or so) to absolutely shock the football world. The Cinderella Seahawks. I was just a little kid and thought that Cinderella was part of their name.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
eo620":3lsau1ps said:

1. Beastquake - simply unforgettable. The noise coming from the Tv was nuts. It must've been insane live!

2. Tony Romo (2006 WC game)- I damn near had a stroke on this play but what a memory.

4. NFC Championship (2013) - Crabtree was never the same! My word! Those SF games were fun!

7. Houston Texans 2013 - Great game. Watson vs. Wilson, but Richard Sherman steals the show.

That Houston game was in 2017 but it was a fantastic game.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3c90d2zr said:
eo620":3c90d2zr said:

(c)7. That Houston game was in 2013 but it was Shaub VS Wilson.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
907Hawk":p2hlftr3 said:
Hockey Guy":p2hlftr3 said:
eo620":p2hlftr3 said:

(c)7. That Houston game was in 2013 but it was Shaub VS Wilson.

You may be right but I was going for the game where everything & everyone he stated happened.

I knew Watson wasn't in the league in 2013 so I went with the 2017 game where it was a great game, game of the year TBH, Watson & Wilson were both phenomenal, & Sherman stole the show with 2 INT's in the 2nd half including 1 that ended the game.

I thought it more logical that he'd misremember the year than mistake Matt Schaub for Deshaun Watson but you're probably right since every one of his other points happened at home other than the SB game.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Russ's 2-point Hail Mary to Luke against the Packers in the 2015 playoffs. We didn't know it at the moment, but it would prove to be the difference-maker in getting back to the SB.

W

Welshers

So many great moments being a fan of this team. We've been really blessed the last 20 or so years to have seen so much great football. Yes there have been lows, but I would say overall most fans of professional sports franchises wish their team could see anything like this type of success. We are very spoiled and can might not realize how good we have it. With that said... Best moments?

#1. The best Seahawk moment for me will always be "The Tip". To beat our bitter rivals, the defending NFC champs, in that fashion? With Richard Sherman making that kind of play? Yeah. It doesn't get any better. The joy of knowing we were going to the SB. The roar of the home crowd. What a moment. What a night.

#2. The comeback in the NFC Championship Game vs GB. What an incredible game. Maybe the most unbelievable sporting event I've ever seen, and I've watched A LOT of sports. From the fake FG to the onside kick. Lynch's run late to take the lead. Then there was the unforgettable two point attempt to go up by 3. We would have lost if not for that unbelievable play. Then the OT. The 3rd and long to Baldwin which is the most under appreciated play of the game for me. If we don't convert that, we're punting and all they need is a FG. And then the TD to Kearse. Russel Wilson targeted Kearse 5 times in the game. The first four times were all interceptions. For him to hit Kearse to win it? Unbelievable. The place went as nuts as I've ever seen a professional sports stadium.

3. Winning the SB. Now, collectively this is our greatest achievement. It has to be. It just didn't have the one single dramatic moment at the end of the game like the NFC title games. And they were at our own house. But this game was incredibly. The first play safety. Malcom Smith's pick six. Percy Harvin's TD return. So many amazing moments, and we hoisted the trophy. We became world champions.

4. Beast Quake. The greatest run in NFL history. Change my mind. We were a 7-9 playoff team and everyone was hating on us. And we go out and beat the defending Super Bowl champs. What amazing moment.

5. The only regular season one I'm going to put out there, but the 2019 game against the 49ers in SF. The incredible battle, how we came back in the second half after looking bad early. It went to OT and there were so many ups and downs. Russ throws a pick in the red zone in OT. and then they miss a FG and we hit one on the last play of OT. Great game!!

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1jfaymxf said:
Some great stuff here guys. I need moments though, a short sharp point in time where everything in the world is good because of what you have seen or experienced.

I plan to follow this up with best games and best players but as of right now its all about the brevity.

OK, I was going to tell of the two games I was at in the Kingdome in 1996 (v San Diego and Houston - the triumphant end of the latter mentioned by SoulfishHawk above), but I'll save that for "best games" later.

In 2014, we were in London. While in Harrods department store, my wife had gone to the bathroom, while I waited outside. Suddenly I heard a woman yell out "Seeeehawks!!!" when she walked past (we were both wearing Superbowl LXVIII t-shirts). I of course yelled the same and we both high-fived. Just a brilliant and totally unexpected moment! The other shoppers just stared at us...

RiverDog

Reaction score
In no particular order...

Largent's hit on Mike Harden. I was there in person and immediately grasped the payback aspect.

Kam's hit on Demaryius Thomas in SB 48.

The Immaculate Deflection.

Efren Herrera's fake FG reception from holder Jim Zorn vs. Atlanta in our first MNF game.

Beast Quake, Beast Quake II, Beast Quake III.

Paul Allen buying the team and the stadium vote passing.

Paul Skansi's walk off TD at KC.

Largent's reception breaking Harold Carmichael's consecutive games with one catch record. I was there.

The last few seconds of SB 48.

xray

Reaction score
Every time we beat the Raiders and every time we wiped that stupid grin off Elways face . Priceless . :irishdrinkers:

Stud

Reaction score
As a 49ers fan, I'd have to say the interception at the 1 in the super bowl. It single handedly killed any chance at a dynasty you should've had. Never seen anything like it.

Fade

Reaction score
2005 NFCCG - that was the peak.

2010 Home opener - after the game Pete Carroll was stunned, he couldn't believe how loud it was. He knew it was going to be loud, but he truly didn't know. He was like "we need to use this!"

2010 Beast Quake

2012 Ass whooping of the Niners on SNF.

2013 Ass whooping of the Niners on SNF. The last truly loud game in the stadium.

The stadium hasn't been earsplitting loud for a longtime, I miss it.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
we have so many during the LOB years. The one that got me the most emotional was the onside kick against the Packers. Like....that NEVER happens almost in the NFL and for it to happen late in the NFC championship game. the game to GO TO THE SUPERBOWL is simply magical. What ensued after that is one for the books.

That being said...my favorite Seahawks moment?? Though this alternative version of what I personally experienced live...this video is my favorite moment b/c of not only Steve Riable but MAINLY b/c of Warren Moon.

https://youtu.be/iqCfIv-XXMU

its their call for the game winning TD in the NFFC game against the Packers. If you haven't heard it or don't FULLY remember the entire call...watch the video and listen and wait for Warren Moon's reaction on air..

I've played this video EASILY over a hundred times. its only 37 seconds.

Probably my 2nd favorite moment though is during the previous years NFCC game against the 9ers. When Pete calls a time out b/c he could tell that Haushka wasn't confident in kicking the long field goal. They decided to instead go for it on 4th down. Wilson gets the d-line to jump early and we then throw the ball into the endzone for a HUGE td in that game. I mean...when have you even seen that? In the NFCC game. 2nd year QB. an offense that started not one but TWO undrafted rookies at WR. I honestly believe that moment doesn't get enough clout as one of the best calls in NFL history.

here is the link to that play

https://youtu.be/PhLTFJsS6y4

ZagHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":tsw42vks said:
For the Seahawks.net podcast I want to take peoples favourite Seahawk moments and we will play them off against each other tournament style until we are left with the ultimate seahawk moment.

There will likely be the obvious ones , beastquake, largent / hardin etc but I'm hoping for some off the wall ones as well, think Mike Bennett on a bicycle.

The moments dont have to be profound. What moments stick in your mind for whatever reason. Come share with us. Im hoping it will add some interaction to the podcast. How far will your suggestion go?

When I was in the stands and RW got subbed out of SB 48. It meant the game was over and the Seahawks were going to win their first (and only) SB and I was there to see it with my own eyes. It later got overshadowed by the nightmare of getting out of that stadium, but that was probably my favorite Seahawk moment.

RVA_311

Reaction score
Loving reading everyone's top moments!

One of mine in terms of cool personal favorites: I'm an east coast Hawks fan who finally made the trip out in 2011 to see a game in Seattle. I had seen the Hawks play in person multiple times along the east coast, but had never taken the plunge and gone to Century Link. First off...the atmosphere is incredible. This was during Pete Carroll's second season and T-Jack (R.I.P.) was the QB. The Seahawks battled and took down a heavily favored Baltimore Ravens team, in the game that featured Marshawn Lynch famously juking Ray Lewis and Jarrett Johnson out of their cleats, helping lead to them eventually putting the game away. I will never forget the collective "OHHHH!" from the crowd when Beast Mode pulled that off. It was also nice to see them win in person...as they had lost every game I had ever seen in person prior to that :shock:

Here's the highlight mentioned above, since you can never see it too many times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxd9avM_QSA

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fade":3a7sewsu said:
2013 Ass whooping of the Niners on SNF. The last truly loud game in the stadium.

The stadium hasn't been earsplitting loud for a longtime, I miss it.
Yeah, it's depressing. A lot more fans cheer once the visiting offense gets to the line of scrimmage, rather than during the huddle to disrupt communication, too. Way too many white collar fans hopping on the bandwagon the past decade who don't truly know football / aren't real die-hard fans. The "it's a neat way to spend a few Sunday afternoons" types. Sigh.