Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trade Pete?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 pm
  • Jon Gruden was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002.. So it is possible to trade a coach only he has to be willing to be traded.. did you know Mike Holmgren was traded to the Seahawks?

    What kind of draft capitol could the Seahawks get for Carroll?

    5 coaches that were traded in the NFL
    https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2015/12/ ... en_tr.html


    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:06 pm
  • You might get a 2030 7th round pick for him. :sarcasm_off:
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 8281
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 pm
  • Gruden was 38 when he was traded. Herm Edwards was 47 and Bill Belichick was 48.

    Pete is 70. My guess of what we could get would be "not much".
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 6772
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:10 pm
  • ^Ya. I'd take three good d*ck jokes and a bottle of Herradura reposado.^
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6264
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 pm
    Location: UT


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:10 pm
  • it would be a killer question to ask John S. LOL being they say they look at everything... LOL


    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm
  • LTH wrote:it would be a killer question to ask John S. LOL being they say they look at everything... LOL


    LTH

    Except for the fact that John Schneider is below Pete Carroll on the power hierarchy. Carroll would essentially have to trade himself for this insane scenario to work.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3813
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 am


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:09 pm
  • With how the hawks are playing lately you would likely have to give a team picks to take him and his salary.
    nutluck
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 84
    Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:21 am


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:01 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    LTH wrote:it would be a killer question to ask John S. LOL being they say they look at everything... LOL


    LTH

    Except for the fact that John Schneider is below Pete Carroll on the power hierarchy. Carroll would essentially have to trade himself for this insane scenario to work.



    The Seahawks will never trade Carroll this post was meant to be a fun hypothetical


    lth
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:20 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:You might get a 2030 7th round pick for him. :sarcasm_off:

    Sold!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36508
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Trade Pete?
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:22 pm
  • Rat wrote:Gruden was 38 when he was traded. Herm Edwards was 47 and Bill Belichick was 48.

    Pete is 70. My guess of what we could get would be "not much".

    Pete has the energy of a 25 year old. So that’s gotta be worth something?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36508
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Trade Pete?
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:28 am
  • He has a 5 year contract with the Hawks... I have a hard time believing that a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in MANY years such as Detroit would not be interested in him... look at the average time a coach is with a team not sure what that is but i would think its less than 5 years...

    I would think he would be worth a solid 1st round pick,,, Now from Petes perspective it probably would not be a dealo he would be interested in...


    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:16 pm
  • Family size??


    Image
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7404
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:20 pm
  • LTH wrote:He has a 5 year contract with the Hawks... I have a hard time believing that a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in MANY years such as Detroit would not be interested in him... look at the average time a coach is with a team not sure what that is but i would think its less than 5 years...

    I would think he would be worth a solid 1st round pick,,, Now from Petes perspective it probably would not be a dealo he would be interested in...


    Detroit is in a complete rebuild, no way they'd trade for a 70 year old coach. If any team would be interested, it'd be one on the cusp of playoff contention. Maybe a team like the Bears.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 6772
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Trade Pete?
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:37 am
  • Absolutely.

    If we could trade a couple of draft picks to get rid of Pete, or even some valuable players - I would do it in a heartbeat.

    They could pretty much take any player not named Wilson, and I would gladly do the deal. At almost any cost.

    Throw in some draft picks and good players, trade them all if the other team takes Pete.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5509
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:21 pm
  • Call the Chief, swap HC. But wait, defense under Pete sucked, offense under Andy just scored 3 points

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3647
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Trade Pete?
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:23 pm
  • toffee wrote:Call the Chief, swap HC. But wait, defense under Pete sucked, offense under Andy just scored 3 points

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk


    Kansas City is having the same problem we did: rookie contracts ran out and they suddenly had to start paying their good players, and they drafted poorly in the meantime.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 6772
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI




It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online