Why I think the Seahawks win the Super Bowl this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
"This message brought to you by The Kraft Company"

Koolaid

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3luwbwi2 said:
Let me clarify... I think the Seahawks will AT LEAST win the Super Bowl this year, if not also a few individual awards.

Are you sure that this message has the correct date on it, that it's not from October 23rd of 2013?

chris98251

Reaction score
Need to get Jobu involved.

6bqIDw M 400x400

Or maybe use this approach

Not sure Jody would have the same effect however.

1909748073 majorleagueoriginal original

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2hkg37sm said:
Let me clarify... I think the Seahawks will AT LEAST win the Super Bowl this year, if not also a few individual awards.

Even Homer cannot condone this sentiment.
Let's just stick with the SB win.

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1wfbou88 said:
fenderbender123":1wfbou88 said:

Always ask for more than you're willing to settle for. Negotiating 101

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":zvfx9lr6 said:
HomerJHawk":zvfx9lr6 said:
fenderbender123":zvfx9lr6 said:

Always ask for more than you're willing to settle for. Negotiating 101

Sweet. Can we throw in some swag for the fans? I'd like a commemorative knockoff SB ring. And maybe a new jersey.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3h8s94ns said:

In the beginning of the season, I felt the same way, but not so much now. Now I think the Seahawks are primed for some down years and some major repairs. If the Seahawks had a top 5 defense, it would be a different scenario. The kicker missed two field goals, so even the kicking game has some question marks.

The Seahawks had a good run, but now might be a good time to watch the Kraken a little closer.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Superbowl 48":210ypmyd said:
fenderbender123":210ypmyd said:

In the beginning of the season, I felt the same way, but not so much now. Now I think the Seahawks are primed for some down years and some major repairs. If the Seahawks had a top 5 defense, it would be a different scenario. The kicker missed two field goals, so even the kicking game has some question marks.

The Seahawks had a good run, but now might be a good time to watch the Kraken a little closer.

Not that I'm making excuses, but the weather was undoubtedly a contributing factor in Meyer's two missed FG's. There were times last night that it was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. The missed attempts were from 44 and 53 yards, challenging even in the best of conditions. It was a bad night for both quarterbacks, with both of them completing just 54% of their passes. It was an unusual night to say the least.

I agree that we look like we could be in for several down years. The 5-7 years of too many failed draft picks are catching up with us, and for the second draft in a row, the Adams trade is going to come back to haunt us next spring. And if Russell bails, we could be in for another dark ages like we had in the 90's.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2gzinb4x said:
We are now the team everyone disrespects again. What happened last time we were? We won the super bowl.

You know the Seahawks were ranked #1 preseason the year they won SB 48. Damn how disrespectful. I know this because my Vegas odds when I placed my bet was 7 to 1 and could have been better had they not been ranked so high. btw if you look at the Hawks season record vs the other teams ranked below/above it right now, It doesn't seem that disrespectful either. I think people are respecting that Geno is at the helm right now and RW is coming back.

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
They were ranked #1 because they were so disrespected that they tried so hard and then the experts had no choice but to make them #1.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
The disrespect days are long gone, thank God. Now we're just a slightly above average team that coulda woulda shoulda.

But, we can be sneaky, so you never know...
Except for this year. But, you never know.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, they are channeling the 1986 Seahawks, who clearly would have won it all if only they'd gotten in. Truly. Watching them destroy the Cowboys in Dallas at Texas Stadium on Thanksgiving was EPIC. That team was on a roll.

To make their statement, the 2021 Hawks need to start the run by beating Green Bay in Lambeau. The difference between this team and the 86ers is that more tickets to the dance are available.

The other parallel is the 2014 Hawks. After struggling to a 3–3 record, including an embarrassing home loss to the Dallas Cowboys, the Hawks went on a 9–1 run to finish the season. It was all about Pete's defense that year.

This year, an 8-1 run would do it, to make the playoffs at 11-6, or even 7-2 to finish 10-7. Think the 10-6 NY Giants running the table and beating Brady and the 17-0 Patriots in the Owl.

The inspiration for this newfound belief? Grocery Outlet had some cheap Jim Beam pints in the checkout line. I snagged one. Since I almost never get around to drinking, it only took a couple-three shots to see the obvious, that the Hawks win another Lombardi this year. Exactly HOW does that happen? Well, that would be another post and maybe several more shots.

LTH

Reaction score
olyfan63":173j1wkq said:
Yup, they are channeling the 1986 Seahawks, who clearly would have won it all if only they'd gotten in. Truly. Watching them destroy the Cowboys in Dallas at Texas Stadium on Thanksgiving was EPIC. That team was on a roll.

To make their statement, the 2021 Hawks need to start the run by beating Green Bay in Lambeau. The difference between this team and the 86ers is that more tickets to the dance are available.

The other parallel is the 2014 Hawks. After struggling to a 3–3 record, including an embarrassing home loss to the Dallas Cowboys, the Hawks went on a 9–1 run to finish the season. It was all about Pete's defense that year.

This year, an 8-1 run would do it, to make the playoffs at 11-6, or even 7-2 to finish 10-7. Think the 10-6 NY Giants running the table and beating Brady and the 17-0 Patriots in the Owl.

The inspiration for this newfound belief? Grocery Outlet had some cheap Jim Beam pints in the checkout line. I snagged one. Since I almost never get around to drinking, it only took a couple-three shots to see the obvious, that the Hawks win another Lombardi this year. Exactly HOW does that happen? Well, that would be another post and maybe several more shots.

By the 4th or 5th shot they really look good to win the SB!!!! :shock: :shock: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LTH